"just brush my teeth before you leave me baby"
DarkSider's version
DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall

AndyC

Quote from: Derf on November 25, 2009, 11:25:11 AM
Quote from: Newt on November 25, 2009, 08:31:10 AM
In "Bilinded by the Light" by Manfred Mann (I have not heard the Springsteen version) - I heard "wrapped up like a New Shendaga runner in the night" for the line "Revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night"  (Always wondered what native group that might be...and why they wrap up to run?)

Silly! Everybody knows it's really "wrapped up like a douche"!  :twirl: :bouncegiggle: :teddyr:

Exactly what I hear :thumbup:
---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."

Allhallowsday

MANFRED MANN'S EARTH BAND "...wrapped up like a douche into the rumor of the night...Blinded By the Light!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcWVL4B-4pI
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

Paquita

Quote from: Allhallowsday on November 25, 2009, 04:11:17 PM
MANFRED MANN'S EARTH BAND "...wrapped up like a douche into the rumor of the night...Blinded By the Light!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcWVL4B-4pI

Does anyone else hear "And the little early birdie gave MY ANUS CURLY WHIRLY and asked me if I needed a ride"?  I do.  It's my favorite part of the song.

Psycho Circus

Quote from: Paquita on November 25, 2009, 04:21:35 PM
Does anyone else hear "And the little early birdie gave MY ANUS CURLY WHIRLY and asked me if I needed a ride"?  I do.  It's my favorite part of the song.

YES! That's hilarious! I had to go pee while the song was playing and I couldn't stop laughing and well, now I have some cleaning to do...

:bouncegiggle:

AndyC

Quote from: Circus Circus on November 25, 2009, 04:30:35 PM

YES! That's hilarious! I had to go pee while the song was playing and I couldn't stop laughing and well, now I have some cleaning to do...

:bouncegiggle:

Yep, that's what it sounds like.

A more recent one for me is Sting's Desert Rose. "This way she moves" comes out sounding like "squishy boobs."
---------------------

Allhallowsday

Gee, nigh on 35 years and I always had that line right... now that'll never get out of my head. 

venomx

No ... what part does that happen? ... When the other guy starts singing?

Allhallowsday

Quote from: Venomx on November 25, 2009, 07:32:00 PM

No ... what part does that happen? ... When the other guy starts singing?
The line is at 2:44 minutes where they sing: "...and go-cart Mozart was checking out the weather chart to see if it was safe outside... and little hurly burly came by in his curly wurly and asked me if I needed a ride..."  

venomx

Oh sit' lol ... It DOES sound like that! Thanks Allhallowsday.  :bouncegiggle: :twirl: :bouncegiggle:

retrorussell

These are all good entries.  Another one I'll throw on the fire is a line from Bennie And The Jets.  She's got electric boobs, my mom has two, you know I read it in a magazine, oh.. 
Well, I haven't checked since I was an infant, but I'm pretty sure my mom has two.
"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."

AndyC

David "Hutch" Soul's one hit back in the 70s, Don't Give Up On Us, has a line: "Don't give up on us. I know we can still come through." When I was a kid, I always thought the line was "Don't give up on a silo. We can still come through."

It's all in the way the lyrics are matched to the music. It comes up first at 1:05.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY8APrYU2Gs
---------------------

Joe the Destroyer

We were listening to the radio in Seattle when they started playing "What's This Life For?" by Creed.  Ughs aside, my mom says, "Did he just say, 'Where's the a***ole?'" 

Later that same trip they played "Cat Scratch Fever."  My mom started singing, "Can't crunch peanuts!" 

English is her second language, in case anyone's wondering. 

AndyC

Quote from: Joe the Destroyer on November 25, 2009, 11:44:23 PM
We were listening to the radio in Seattle when they started playing "What's This Life For?" by Creed.  Ughs aside, my mom says, "Did he just say, 'Where's the a***ole?'" 

That would have greatly improved the song.
---------------------

Joe the Destroyer

Quote from: AndyC on November 25, 2009, 11:51:10 PM
Quote from: Joe the Destroyer on November 25, 2009, 11:44:23 PM

That would have greatly improved the song.

I gained a new found respect for it.  Only for that short while, though.