Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 15, 2024, 11:20:39 PM
714145 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Another Amityville remake? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Another Amityville remake?  (Read 2935 times)
Joe the Destroyer
« on: November 26, 2009, 11:56:43 PM »

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/18207

It's about damn time.  I've been waiting four long years for another Amityville to... Wait.....!  Didn't we already use this joke with Fantastic 4?

And didn't the last Amityville suck?

And didn't the original Amityville suck?

The worst thing about this is I'm betting they're still going to pull that "based on a true story" bulls**t again.  It's already been debunked, folks.  The Lutz family made teh whole thing up.  I've always wanted to write a dark comedy based on the event in which a couple with a failing marriage try to convince the world that their house in haunted so they can get out of their mortgage.  But I digress.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 12:55:25 AM »

I have a special place in my heart for the Amityville movies, because I've seen all of them and I hate them all.

The Amityville story is bottom of the barrel, and it's amazing how much garbage they've scraped out of there. At this point, it's more fascinating to just sit back and watch. It's like a sociological experiment. Just how many times can they beat this dead horse? And why? It can't be the money, the profit margins must be razor slim.

Oh well, I'll still watch it. I've gone this far.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 06:09:40 AM »

I have a special place in my heart for the Amityville movies, because I've seen all of them and I hate them all.

The Amityville story is bottom of the barrel, and it's amazing how much garbage they've scraped out of there. At this point, it's more fascinating to just sit back and watch. It's like a sociological experiment. Just how many times can they beat this dead horse? And why? It can't be the money, the profit margins must be razor slim.

Oh well, I'll still watch it. I've gone this far.

Actually, I find myself watching the more ridiculous ones above the originals or the mundane ones.  I watched a bit of Amityville Dollhouse, and I have to say for as much as I b***hed about it, I was still glued to the screen waiting for the next ridiculous thing to happen.  I still thought the movie sucked, all in all, but I guess this situation is one which proves to be contrary to what RD Jr. said: if you're going to retard, you may as well go full retard. 
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 02:40:02 AM »

As for the post-house stories, I would put Amityville 1992: It's About Time as the best, but mostly because it had Megan Ward in it. Not a great reason, but there's nothing great about these movies.

I'd like to see Amityville 3-D in 3-D. A band called My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult has extensively sampled this movie. "Reality is the only word in the English language that should always be used in quotes." Plus, it has Lori Loughlin and Meg Ryan.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Skull
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 11:56:03 AM »

In the The Boogeyman (1980)... the house looked like Amityville House... hehe, I would think The Boobeyman story is more closer to the 'true Amityville story' lol
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 02:00:02 PM »

In the The Boogeyman (1980)... the house looked like Amityville House... hehe, I would think The Boobeyman story is more closer to the 'true Amityville story' lol

I really hope they don't try to market it as a true story this time.  I got tired of hearing people talk about the remake and saying, "Yeah, it's supposed to be based on a true story."  Lookingup  Never mind that it was soundly debunked. 
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Another Amityville remake? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.