Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:43:28 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Alec Baldwin quitting acting « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alec Baldwin quitting acting  (Read 5629 times)
Joe the Destroyer
« on: December 01, 2009, 12:54:01 AM »

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.reuters.com/alec-baldwin-says-lost-interest-acting-will-soon-quit-reuters

He's going to start his new career in heavy-handed documentary narration.

I actually liked him in a few things.  Meet Your Meat wasn't one of them.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 08:07:43 AM »

"And now, the movies I've been in, I never give them a moment's thought. Every movie I've ever been in, I just avoid," he said.

LOL, he finally said something I completely agree with.  I honestly thought his performance in Red October dragged the entire movie down.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 08:25:33 AM »

"And now, the movies I've been in, I never give them a moment's thought. Every movie I've ever been in, I just avoid," he said.

LOL, he finally said something I completely agree with.  I honestly thought his performance in Red October dragged the entire movie down.

TeddyR

Must have been something in that Russian cigarette that he had to smoke.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 08:25:56 AM »

I agree .  I honestly cant think of a single movie that I liked him in. not one. He is not a very good actor and his voice, don't get me started. Maybe it was all the Thomas the tank engine episodes I sat through that he voiced but it gives me the heebie jeebies..

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 01:27:01 PM »

He was f**king amazing in Miami Blues.

Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 01:58:08 PM »

I liked him in Beetle Juice.  Then again, that's really the only movie I remember seeing him in off hand.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 03:12:36 PM »

Now that's he's quit acting does that mean he can now be a full time a***ole?

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 09:02:33 PM »

Circus is right, ALEC BALDWIN was kind-of awesome in MIAMI BLUES.  BALDWIN interviewed GENE WILDER, whom I admire, for TCM... he did most of the talking (kind of like ROBERT OSBORNE with ANTHONY HOPKINS as guest programmer just the other day).  Didn't ALEC BALDWIN quit acting years ago and sort-of, kind-of, slipped back into it...?  
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 09:08:45 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Jim H

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 01:19:12 AM »

He's truly excellent in The Cooler, the film that snagged him an Academy Award nomination.  He lost to Tim Robbins in Mystic River.  I think he'd make a great straight man in a comedy, or a great ***hole (isn't that what he is in Miami Blues?).  As a lead in heroic roles, he's pretty bland though.
3mnkids

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 08:35:20 AM »

Isn't Miami blues the one with that actress, I cant remember her name, that is supposedly from Okeechobee FL but talks like a backwoods dumb ass?  TeddyR   That drove me freaking crazy. I have family in Okeechobee and believe me, they do not talk that way.   Smile 

I know, off topic, but whenever I think about miami blues that is the only thing I remember about the movie.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 11:27:55 AM »

Although Alec's career has not been very memorable, I will be eternally grateful for his very short, but sweet turn in Glengarry Glen Ross.

NSFW

Small | Large

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 11:31:04 AM »

What a conceited way to phrase it.  He's quitting because he never gave a super-duper movie-driving performance.  He's taking his ball and going home, and I say let him go. 

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 12:26:53 PM »

Some would say Baldwin quit acting years ago, although that never stopped him from accepting new roles.

Liked him in GLENGARRY.  Was good in THE COOLER, though I didn't find either the movie or the performance extremely memorable.  I've also caught the TV show "30 Rock" a couple of times and thought he was funny in that.  Lost respect for Alec when he didn't actually move out of the country if Bush elected, as he promised us.  Won't miss him onscreen.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 12:37:02 PM »

Isn't Miami blues the one with that actress, I cant remember her name, that is supposedly from Okeechobee FL but talks like a backwoods dumb ass?  TeddyR   That drove me freaking crazy. I have family in Okeechobee and believe me, they do not talk that way.   Smile 

I know, off topic, but whenever I think about miami blues that is the only thing I remember about the movie.

Yep. But, I've never taken that as a representation of the whole of Okeechobee. It's just one person, she's young, dumb, naive and the film is just following the book.

Pilgermann

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2009, 03:15:53 PM »

I really like Beetlejuice and he was fine in The Aviator.

Don't forget about the Canteen Boy skit on SNL!

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Alec Baldwin quitting acting « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.