Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:11:20 PM
714227 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Games  |  Bad Movies Fame or Shame game « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 85
Author Topic: Bad Movies Fame or Shame game  (Read 358630 times)
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #690 on: March 12, 2010, 07:32:33 AM »

Piranha (1978) - 54 SAVE
Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS (1975) - 8
Kingdom of the Spiders (1977) - 48
Invaders from Mars (1953) - 38 KILL
Friday the 13th (1980) - 34

All the movies you listed above I like and would never kill them (except for godfather because it's boring). Also, if I posted something everyone hates, still, nobody except me would be voting for ilsa. The same happened when I was trying to save Pulp Fiction.
claws
« Reply #691 on: March 12, 2010, 09:02:12 AM »

Piranha (1978) - 54
Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS (1975) - 10 SAVE
Kingdom of the Spiders (1977) - 48
Invaders from Mars (1953) - 38
Friday the 13th (1980) - 32 KILL (not "bad" enough in my opinion)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #692 on: March 12, 2010, 09:43:18 AM »

Piranha (1978) - 54
Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS (1975) - 8 KILL
Kingdom of the Spiders (1977) - 50 SAVE
Friday the 13th (1980) - 32

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Skull
« Reply #693 on: March 12, 2010, 10:31:09 AM »

All the movies you listed above I like and would never kill them (except for godfather because it's boring).

lol... I guess its depends on how we see bad?

Personally I lost all respect for Phantom Menace once baby vader said he made C3-PO... Shame is where Phantom Menace belongs and truthfully speaking I'm not the only one that feels that way about Phantom Menace as well as the others that I have listed.

As for Godfather 3... nothing ill's me more then a missing piece in the puzzle, a sequel that seems to forget how the last movie ended and Sofia Coppola (The Jar Jar of the Godfather series)...

There are other movies that people hate...

Godzilla (1998), The English Patient (1996) and Scream (1996)

Also, if I posted something everyone hates, still, nobody except me would be voting for ilsa. The same happened when I was trying to save Pulp Fiction.

The strategy could of gotten Ilsa extra points...

[I'm not sure about the good movie game, but I know a lot of people are not fans of Pulp Fiction as well as many of Quentin Tarantino movies, I guess his movies are not aging very well or people really believe Quentin Tarantino career is based on Hollywood Hype.]

claws
« Reply #694 on: March 12, 2010, 10:56:30 AM »

I mean it's a kind of a rip-off slasher (which in itself is not a terribly well thought of genre anyway), it just rips off ideas from all the slashers to come before it.
There wasn't much to rip off for Friday the 13th in 1980. The only popular slasher at that time was John Carpenter's Halloween (1978).

I think it's quite clear it can be considered a bad movie.
For people who don't care much for slashers, maybe. Myself would never label F13 bad  Smile
Nukie 2
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I did it all for the...

« Reply #695 on: March 12, 2010, 11:33:29 AM »

Piranha (1978) - 56 SAVE
Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS (1975) - 6 KILL
Kingdom of the Spiders (1977) - 50

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
3mnkids

« Reply #696 on: March 12, 2010, 12:06:29 PM »

Piranha (1978) - 56 
Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS (1975) - 4 KILL
Kingdom of the Spiders (1977) - 52 SAVE

Did I do it right?  TeddyR

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Skull
« Reply #697 on: March 12, 2010, 12:15:29 PM »

I mean it's a kind of a rip-off slasher (which in itself is not a terribly well thought of genre anyway), it just rips off ideas from all the slashers to come before it.
There wasn't much to rip off for Friday the 13th in 1980. The only popular slasher at that time was John Carpenter's Halloween (1978).

Yes and No...

Yes... Halloween (1978) was popular slasher movie, but all Halloween rip-off's in 1979/1980 didnt do well in the box-office and many in the later half of 1980 seemed to fork itself away from ripping-off Halloween.

Friday the 13th is a slasher story that forked itself away from Halloween story but took the road that is nearer towards Halloween, it actually was ripping off the success of Meatballs (1979) with a slasher twist. It knew it didnt have a strong cast of characters so they focus on the murders instead and structure its shock/gore from Bay of Blood. [If you watch Halloween you'll noticed that the murders are not the focus point]

The success of Friday the 13th spawn dozen of successful slasher rip-offs and most of them were even in the woods. The success actually rebooted the Slasher movies and I could also say that Halloween 2 was in a way ripping off from Friday the 13th's success, since the murders are the focus point of that story.

Is Friday the 13th a bad movie... Yes... but its one of those "this movie is so bad that its good."

I think it's quite clear it can be considered a bad movie.

For people who don't care much for slashers, maybe. Myself would never label F13 bad  Smile

Oh, I love slashers and giallo... And there is a very few that I would call "good" even Halloween (1978) is "bad" because it has one major plot hole... Michael Myers who never spoke a word is willing to take driving lessons.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 12:28:06 PM by Skull » Logged
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #698 on: March 12, 2010, 01:22:50 PM »

Piranha (1978) - 56 
Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS (1975) - 2 KILL
Kingdom of the Spiders (1977) - 52
Invaders from Mars (1953) - 40 SAVE

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #699 on: March 12, 2010, 02:00:22 PM »

Piranha (1978) - 58  SAVE
Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS (1975) - 0 KILL
Invaders from Mars (1953) - 40

I'll let someone else handle Piranha.  I'll finish Ilsa.  With that, I nominate Killer Klowns from Outer Space.  You know who will be happy to see that one here.   TeddyR

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #700 on: March 12, 2010, 02:41:54 PM »

Personally I lost all respect for Phantom Menace once baby vader said he made C3-PO... Shame is where Phantom Menace belongs and truthfully speaking I'm not the only one that feels that way about Phantom Menace as well as the others that I have listed.

I remember that scene from the movie and I personally feel nothing when seeing it.  I'm not happy with it, but I'm not upset with it.  I just see it as a moment where I think Ok whatever, next scene.

I guess I'm as upset with this scene as others because Phantom Menace was actually the first Star Wars movie I ever saw from begining to end.  I knew about the others, but I was never really into them until I saw that one.  I wouldn't actually end up watching all of the original movies until after Attack of the Clones.  So... I just don't really have that sort of anger others have towards these films.

There are other movies that people hate...

Godzilla (1998), The English Patient (1996) and Scream (1996)

Never seen English Patient or Scream, but I have seen Godzilla.  I don't really hate it or like it.  I see it more as a cheesy CGI monster movie more than anything.  I don't accept as a Godzilla movie since it isn't Godzilla.  That monster is just Zilla, who got its butt handed to it in a later Godzilla movie.  Anyways, it is just a popcorn movie to me and nothing more.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #701 on: March 12, 2010, 02:59:42 PM »

for those concerned why I put Friday the 13th, it's because it's a low budget movie (B-movie) that strangely made much money. Just like The Blair Witch Project.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #702 on: March 12, 2010, 03:16:25 PM »

Piranha (1978) - 58 
Killer Klowns from Outer Space - 32 SAVE
Friday the 13th (1980) - 30 KILL

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #703 on: March 12, 2010, 04:10:32 PM »

Piranha (1978) - 58 
Killer Klowns from Outer Space - 34 SAVE
Friday the 13th (1980) - 28 KILL

Friday the 13th is a perfectly valid entry. Why wouldn't it be? I'm still gonna submit a KILL however, just because I never really got into the franchise.  BounceGiggle

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Skull
« Reply #704 on: March 12, 2010, 05:13:32 PM »

InformationGeek ~ My anger [as well as meny others] is based on the 20+ year wait for a series that doesnt respect its fans... The anticipation of a long wait for a movie (or series) also gave us a Higher Expectation that the prequels would be better then the first movies...

You need to remember people didnt go to the show to see Phantom Menace... They NEEDED to see Phantom Menace.

Many view English Patient the worst film to win oscars since it so Boring. (maybe hate is a strong word but the English Patient isnt a good oscar film)

Scream is one of those trash talking movies from the 90's that bashes the 80's be saying "those movies suck!" [oddly I recall hearing the same thing about the 80's music in the 90's]...

Godzilla... many feel similar as you, although some hate it more becuase this is typical Hollywood, taking a movie and then twisting it and telling the viewers that's its "Godzilla"

vukxfiles ~ I agree its a B Movie (we dont have a fame/shame horror film... and I dont want to give anybody ideas we have too many fame/shame games already)
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 85
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Games  |  Bad Movies Fame or Shame game « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.