Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:08:22 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Games  |  Bad Movies Fame or Shame game « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 85
Author Topic: Bad Movies Fame or Shame game  (Read 355552 times)
nilbog
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #705 on: March 12, 2010, 05:18:33 PM »

Piranha (1978) - 60 - SAVE
Killer Klowns from Outer Space - 34
Kingdom of the Spiders (1977) - 52
Invaders from Mars (1953) - 38 - KILL
Friday the 13th (1980) - 28

Friday the 13th is definitely valid. I love slashers, but even I can see it's not really a good movie. Plus Claws before Halloween there was The Texas Chain Saw Massacre and Black Christmas as well as Halloween - so it had plenty to rip-off from.

I nominate Bad Taste (1987)

craptasticmovies.com

"Nilbog! It's Goblin Spelt Backwards!"
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #706 on: March 12, 2010, 05:49:33 PM »

Bad Taste!-30
Killer Klowns from Outer Space - 36 SAVE!
Invaders from Mars (1953) - 38
Friday the 13th (1980) - 26 KILL (i Just wanna get rid a this one cuz I dont believe it belongs in this thread.)

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
claws
« Reply #707 on: March 13, 2010, 02:46:42 AM »

Friday the 13th is a slasher story that forked itself away from Halloween story but took the road that is nearer towards Halloween, it actually was ripping off the success of Meatballs (1979) with a slasher twist. It knew it didnt have a strong cast of characters so they focus on the murders instead and structure its shock/gore from Bay of Blood. [If you watch Halloween you'll noticed that the murders are not the focus point].
Not sure about the forking but F13 script writer Victor Miller is quoted saying that Friday the 13th was purposely riding off the success of John Carpenter's Halloween (1978). Never heard about the Meatballs influence before though.

Is Friday the 13th a bad movie... Yes... but its one of those "this movie is so bad that its good."
Just a matter of opinion. Friday the 13th is no Citizen Kane obviously, but throwing it in the same pot with Plan 9 from Outer Space?  Bluesad

Oh, I love slashers and giallo... And there is a very few that I would call "good" even Halloween (1978) is "bad" because it has one major plot hole... Michael Myers who never spoke a word is willing to take driving lessons.
Plot holes and Slashers ... If we go by that logic than every slasher made could be considered "bad". For me the Halloween "plot hole" isn't as relevant as awful acting, bad editing, cheesy special effects or out of place music. None of that can be found in Halloween. But then again, its a matter of opinion.
The "major plot hole" in Halloween as in why Myers was able to drive didn't even surprise Dr. Loomis, so why should the audience care?  Wink I personally never had any beef with that. I think it just added to the mystery of Myers.
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #708 on: March 13, 2010, 02:55:38 AM »

Bad Taste!-32 SAVE
Killer Klowns from Outer Space - 36
Invaders from Mars (1953) - 36 KILL
Friday the 13th (1980) - 26
claws
« Reply #709 on: March 13, 2010, 02:55:58 AM »

Plus Claws before Halloween there was The Texas Chain Saw Massacre and Black Christmas as well as Halloween - so it had plenty to rip-off from.
Thats only three and not plenty. In your first post you made it sound like F13 was ripping off thousands  Wink
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #710 on: March 13, 2010, 03:02:00 AM »

This is from wikipedia

Friday the 13th, inspired by the success of John Carpenter's Halloween,[2] was made on an estimated budget of $550,000.[1] Released by Paramount Pictures in the United States, and Warner Bros. internationally, the film received mixed reviews from film critics, but grossed over $39.7 million at the box office in the United States,[3] and went on to become one of the most profitable slasher films in cinema history. It was also the first movie of its kind to secure distribution in the USA by a major studio, Paramount Pictures.[4] The film's box office success led to a long series of sequels, a crossover with Freddy Krueger and a series reboot released on February 13, 2009.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #711 on: March 13, 2010, 06:28:20 AM »

The "major plot hole" in Halloween as in why Myers was able to drive didn't even surprise Dr. Loomis, so why should the audience care?  Wink I personally never had any beef with that. I think it just added to the mystery of Myers.

It isn't even a mystery. He's silent, he's homicidal, but he's not stupid. It's quite plausible that he could figure out enough to get himself from A to B. It's not as if they had an extended scene of him navigating city streets at rush hour, merging onto the freeway, using his turn signals, eluding police and whatnot. He was able to make the car go from here to there in rural Illinois at night. You don't need lessons for that. I've known a few people who proved that long before they were old enough to drive.

And even if that weren't the case, it's not a plot hole, major or otherwise. The plot does not depend on Myers driving to Haddonfield. He could have walked (given enough time), jumped on the back of a truck or ridden a camel, and it would not have affected the plot one bit. He escaped and returned home. I hate it when people throw the term "plot hole" around to describe minor events they consider unlikely.

Anyway, this thread is for the game. If we want to discuss it, there's another thread for that.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 11:53:54 AM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Skull
« Reply #712 on: March 13, 2010, 09:49:13 AM »

Friday the 13th is a slasher story that forked itself away from Halloween story but took the road that is nearer towards Halloween, it actually was ripping off the success of Meatballs (1979) with a slasher twist. It knew it didnt have a strong cast of characters so they focus on the murders instead and structure its shock/gore from Bay of Blood. [If you watch Halloween you'll noticed that the murders are not the focus point].

Not sure about the forking but F13 script writer Victor Miller is quoted saying that Friday the 13th was purposely riding off the success of John Carpenter's Halloween (1978). Never heard about the Meatballs influence before though.

the middle 1980's has some very strange horror films thats seem move away from Halloween. And yes Friday the 13th was supose to ride off the success as many others too... but 1979 wasnt a successful year for a repreat and movie producers wanted another "Grizzly (1976)" success also Hollywood noticed teens were going to see teen films like: Meatballs

There were an awful lot of camp-based movies released in the 1980s. While predominately they centered around the more exploitable horror and sex romp genres of on-the-cheap filmmaking, films like Friday The 13th, Little Darlings, Cheerleader Camp, and a great many more, they all owe respect to the film that really soared the camp film to popularity – Meatballs.

http://www.dvdinmypants.com/reviews/H-N/meatballs.php

I really think Friday the 13th should be given more credit then Halloween since the slashers were riping off Friday the 13th's success.

Is Friday the 13th a bad movie... Yes... but its one of those "this movie is so bad that its good."

Just a matter of opinion. Friday the 13th is no Citizen Kane obviously, but throwing it in the same pot with Plan 9 from Outer Space?  Bluesad

Oh, I've been rewatching many slasher film recently and finding them quite fun to watch (many are so bad its good and Friday the 13th is at the same level) also Friday the 13th has a guilty pleasure feel (like Pieces).

Oh, I love slashers and giallo... And there is a very few that I would call "good" even Halloween (1978) is "bad" because it has one major plot hole... Michael Myers who never spoke a word is willing to take driving lessons.

Plot holes and Slashers ... If we go by that logic than every slasher made could be considered "bad". For me the Halloween "plot hole" isn't as relevant as awful acting, bad editing, cheesy special effects or out of place music. None of that can be found in Halloween. But then again, its a matter of opinion.

I guess many movies (bad and good) has plot holes... but I believe when an important factor is overlooked (like Myers ability to drive a car) and the movie goes on then its should be considered a bad movie. (My opinion)

So we have 2 choices good (Wizards of Oz, Godfather, Gone with the Wind, Psycho) or bad (Plan 9, Troll 2, Rock-n-Roll Nightmare, Pieces)... Where would you put Friday the 13th?

Skull
« Reply #713 on: March 13, 2010, 09:53:47 AM »

Bad Taste!-30 kill (Yep... Bad Taste! will come back even if its 1 vote away from a kill.)
Killer Klowns from Outer Space - 36
Invaders from Mars (1953) - 36
Friday the 13th (1980) - 28 save

wow I'm actually torn between Killer Klowns and Friday the 13th...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #714 on: March 13, 2010, 10:41:49 AM »

BAD TASTE-30
KILLER KLOWNS-36
KINGDOM OF THE SPIDERS-52
INVADERS FROM MARS-38 SAVE
FRIDAY THE 13th-26-KILL

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
claws
« Reply #715 on: March 13, 2010, 11:15:45 AM »

So we have 2 choices good (Wizards of Oz, Godfather, Gone with the Wind, Psycho) or bad (Plan 9, Troll 2, Rock-n-Roll Nightmare, Pieces)... Where would you put Friday the 13th?
I would've said in between but since there is no other option I'd place it definitely with the good.

My apologies to all for not taking this to the discussion thread. It won't happen again.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #716 on: March 13, 2010, 01:05:37 PM »

Hmm, don't really want to kill any of these but the lesser of them to me is Friday the 13th.

Bad Taste - 30
Killer Klowns From Outer Space - 36
Kingdom of the Spiders - 54 SAVE
Invaders From Mars (1953) - 38
Friday the 13th (1980) - 24 KILL
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 01:09:12 PM by xJaseSFx » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
nilbog
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #717 on: March 13, 2010, 05:08:49 PM »

Bad Taste - 32 - SAVE
Killer Klowns From Outer Space - 36
Kingdom of the Spiders - 54
Friday the 13th (1980) - 22 - KILL

Claws - A few more for you - Silent Night, Bloody Night, The Toolbox Murders, Scream Bloody Murder, Drive-In Massacre, The Driller Killer - all early slashers from before Friday the 13th. I'd say 8 is plenty. Friday the 13th is fully legit for this game.

craptasticmovies.com

"Nilbog! It's Goblin Spelt Backwards!"
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #718 on: March 13, 2010, 05:52:09 PM »

Bad Taste - 32
Killer Klowns From Outer Space - 38 save
Friday the 13th (1980) - 20 - KILL

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #719 on: March 13, 2010, 10:05:41 PM »

Bad Taste - 34 SAVE
Killer Klowns From Outer Space - 38
Invaders From Mars (1953) - 36 KILL
Friday the 13th (1980) - 20
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 85
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Games  |  Bad Movies Fame or Shame game « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.