Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:00:05 PM
714369 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Video Game Question Thread « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Video Game Question Thread  (Read 3587 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: November 28, 2009, 06:29:20 PM »

I figure we all can act like Nintendo Power here.  Post your video game questions here and hopefully we all can help each other.  

I'll start by asking, how do you get your characters (without cheating) in Marvel Ultimate Alliance to do new abilities/moves.  I know this is out there on the net but I'm too lazy to do research.  
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 06:31:05 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 11:53:26 AM »

Why can't I push the joystick buttons fast enough to do all the combination moves in the MORTAL COMBAT games?

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
venomx
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 12:04:51 PM »

For Mortal Kombat ...

When you hear finish him - Jump then start with the combination as you're in the air, hit the last button as you land. Thats what I do, I hope that helps.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 02:25:36 PM »

in THAW, why is it impossible to get the green dome on the ps2 version

yeah no.
The Burgomaster

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 03:55:38 PM »

For Mortal Kombat ...

When you hear finish him - Jump then start with the combination as you're in the air, hit the last button as you land. Thats what I do, I hope that helps.

No . . . I'm just talking about any combination in general that requires hitting more than 3 buttons in a certain sequence.  My fingers just can't go that fast.  I'm among the "video game challenged."

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 04:05:03 PM »

I figure we all can act like Nintendo Power here.  Post your video game questions here and hopefully we all can help each other.  

I'll start by asking, how do you get your characters (without cheating) in Marvel Ultimate Alliance to do new abilities/moves.  I know this is out there on the net but I'm too lazy to do research.  
Do you mean the first game or the second one?
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 05:50:02 PM »

First one although I'm kind of discovering that they automatically unlock.  However, whats the best abilities to spend your money on health/defense wise. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 08:54:04 PM »

For Mortal Kombat ...

No . . . I'm just talking about any combination in general that requires hitting more than 3 buttons in a certain sequence.  My fingers just can't go that fast.  I'm among the "video game challenged."

A lot of games don't necessarily need you to do it fast, you just need to do it to a "beat." Trying to do it all at once will often lead to aborted combos.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 09:25:05 PM »

I figure we all can act like Nintendo Power here.  Post your video game questions here and hopefully we all can help each other. 

I'll start by asking, how do you get your characters (without cheating) in Marvel Ultimate Alliance to do new abilities/moves.  I know this is out there on the net but I'm too lazy to do research. 
First one although I'm kind of discovering that they automatically unlock.  However, whats the best abilities to spend your money on health/defense wise. 
I realise you've probably figure out most of this but just in case:You gain more abilities and moves as you level up. But it doesn't have to be automatic. To disable it go to the hero selection menu thingy, Then when your looking at your hero's abilities it should say at the bottom of the screen what button to disable the automatic spending of points to unlock abilities. This can be useful so you can concentrate on getting your guy good at certain abilities.

As for what abilities to spend you money on I don't know if I can answer that. It's dependant on who you play as. My best general advice for ranged fighting is using attacks that can do decent damage, target easily and don't use too much energy. As for up close I'd recommend using abilities that have a large radius of attack or ones you can get off quickly. If your having trouble keeping yourself alive, I'd recommend playing as wolverine or deadpool. Deadpool's got a very wicked 360 spin move and Wolverine's good at keeping alive.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific, I hope this helps.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 09:43:16 PM by flackbait » Logged
The Burgomaster

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 01:48:09 PM »

For Mortal Kombat ...

Yet another reason while I'll never amount to anything . . .

A lot of games don't necessarily need you to do it fast, you just need to do it to a "beat." Trying to do it all at once will often lead to aborted combos.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Video Game Question Thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.