Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:13:05 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I need your help « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I need your help  (Read 2277 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« on: December 07, 2009, 05:32:17 PM »

OK, to make a long story short, I've been out of the newspaper business for just over a year, and I'm now in the decorated apparel/promotional products/personalised gift business.

I've got some good hats and shirts ready, and I'm now in the process of making up some samples of the dye sublimation products - the mugs, tags, charms, door hangers, coasters and whatnot.

What I am finding is that while I have a fairly extensive vector art library, what I don't have are usable photos of ordinary people. Portraits of adults and kids, sleeping babies, pets, vacation pics, etc. I don't want to use my own pictures, or anyone who'd be recognized locally, and there isn't much available online that is free, legal and of good quality. But I really want to get across the gift potential of these things - that people can get whatever they want printed on them. Surprisingly, that's the hardest thing to get across to people, that I can stick their name and photo on just about anything, right here on the premises.

So, I'm offering the board regulars and their families an opportunity to be immortalised on my showroom wall. If anybody wants to send me some photos of suitably high resolution, that would be great. And with your permission, I wouldn't mind using some of your names on sample awards. Just send it to andy@cheesybmovies.com

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
SPazzo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My kinda toy...

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 06:54:56 PM »

Andy, I don't know exactly what you want, but I hereby give you permission to use any picture on my Flickr Photostream, in exchange for a name credit.  I don't know if I have anything you'd want, but if you do find something, I'll be happy to send you the HQ original.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 07:30:44 PM »

At this point, I'm not even sure what I need. I have some ideas, but it will mostly depend on the available pictures. I'm just looking for the sort of photos families get printed on tshirts and mugs to give each other as gifts. Funny is always good, as is cute.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 07:52:45 PM »

OK, well let me know if you need any pictures taken, I'm decent enough with a camera.  TeddyR
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 11:04:45 PM »

Andy - shoot me an Email - indianasmith1@hotmail.com.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 11:42:24 PM »

We can talk about it.
lagasek@gmail.com
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 08:37:00 AM »

'Horsey' kids get their ponies on T-shirts and mugs all the time - makes a great gift their families really go for.  I don't think I have any that are high-res enough though.  Bluesad

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 02:13:09 PM »

I've sent some Andy, not sure if they're hi-rez, not sure if they're too wacky.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I need your help « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.