Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:29:48 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  2012 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2012  (Read 7297 times)
bakerboy
New Visitor

« on: December 09, 2009, 10:52:35 AM »

There is none other . The best movie in many years. Thumbup
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 10:54:52 AM »

Glad you enjoyed it.  I pretty much thought it was a cliched, predictable, over-blown stink-fest, with sometimes mediocre special effects.  I believe my comments exist somewhere in the Bad Movies forum.   TeddyR

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 11:08:10 AM »

It a was typical Roland Emmerich movie, you get caught up in the action and when you leave the theater it suddenly dawns on you that it was really stupid.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 09:30:54 PM »

My friend said the story was lacking but there where great effects. I may rent it.

SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 11:35:11 PM »

I wanna watch it two days before the world is supposed to end. TeddyR
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 09:06:12 AM »

I wanna watch it two days before the world is supposed to end. TeddyR

I think ill watch the last man on earth, and The omega man when the worlds about to end

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2009, 04:09:32 PM »

My friend said the story was lacking but there where great effects. I may rent it.

Some of the effects were great . . . others looked rushed and sloppy, like they ran out of money.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
bakerboy
New Visitor

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 08:53:16 AM »

Went and saw the Blue People movie. Without the glasses it would not be as good as 2012. With the glasses  Thumbup Thumbup
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 11:27:04 AM »

I have no desire to watch this movie. It's just a Hollywood schlock geared to play on societal fears, like The Day After Tomorrow. This 2012 paranoia has almost nothing to do with actual Mayan belief. The Mayans don't believe the world is going to end, but wacko scientists, mathematicians, and doomsday crackpots have put some significance in the ending of the Mayan callendar that even the Mayans don't believe. I imagine modern day Mayans getting together and joking about the wacky white man.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
nilbog
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 06:05:40 PM »

I saw it at the cinema. I like to think of it as ridiculously awesome. I mean everything that is happening is so over the top - even for a disaster movie! - yet despite the fact you know the movie isn't actually any good, it does its job in entertaining. Just one of those sort of movies where you can leave your brain at the door  Smile

One thing I didn't like though was the use of 360 degree shutter in some scenes - it made it look cheap and painfully obvious it was shot digitally. Oh well, at least it was only in a couple of scenes.

craptasticmovies.com

"Nilbog! It's Goblin Spelt Backwards!"
Automan2k
New Visitor

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2010, 08:24:49 PM »

I found it pretty entertaining. Its not a great movie by any stretch but it didn't try to lean on using annoying characters to provide comic relief.

The CGI was outstanding and just as over the top as you would expect.

In short, Unplug your brain for a couple of hours and enjoy.
Neville

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 06:15:23 PM »

I think this is the only Roland Emmerich I've enjoyed. Well, together with "Stargate". I wouldn't call it a good film in a million years, but I thought it was very entertaining, and the characters and the dialogue so over the top the whole thing could pass as a satire at certain points. I mean, remember the moment Emmerich has us waiting for a poodle to cross a catwalk? Or when John Cusack and family escape an earthquake in a limo?

Now, if the whole climax in the Himalayas wasn't so damn cliché and overlong... but still much more fun than could be expected in a film about the end of the world.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 11:34:31 AM »

In short, Unplug your brain for a couple of hours and enjoy.

This is exactly what we did when my wife and I watched it, while the science and Mayan calender stuff is questionable at best, the film itself is very entertaining, it's basically a special effects film and as such it's quite enjoyable.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 05:23:17 PM »

I don't really care that much, but even the cable ads for it that I keep seeing now always have a guy saying "The Mayans predict the end of the world in 2012."

No they don't. They never did. There is no credible evidence that the Mayans ever attributed the ending of the Mayan calendar to mean the end of the world. It's just annoying to me. There are modern-day Mayans who refute that claim. I imagine they find the film a joke as well.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Neville

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 05:51:25 PM »

The version I keep hearing, and I assume is the truth, is that the Mayans didn't say the world would end in 2012. Simply, they were wiped out before they could make calendars past that year.

And yes, you could say the film is a giant joke about this kind of assumptions and films about global catastrophes.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  2012 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.