Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:49:27 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  WWII veteran had Hitler's art book on bookshelf « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WWII veteran had Hitler's art book on bookshelf  (Read 7935 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: December 09, 2009, 04:38:07 PM »

WWII veteran had Hitler's art book on bookshelf 
DALLAS – After fighting his way across Europe during World War II, John Pistone was among the U.S. soldiers who entered Adolf Hitler's home nestled in the Bavarian Alps as the war came to a close.

Making his way through the Berghof, Hitler's home near Berchtesgaden, Germany, Pistone noticed a table with shelves underneath. Exhilarated by the certainty of victory over the Nazis, Pistone took an album filled with photographs of paintings as a souvenir.

"It was really a great feeling to be there and we knew, by that time, he was on his last leg," Pistone told The Associated Press.

Sixty-four years after Pistone brought the album home to Ohio, the 87-year-old has learned its full significance: It's part of a series compiled for Hitler featuring art he wanted for his "Fuhrermuseum," a planned museum in Linz, Austria, Hitler's hometown.

Pistone's album is expected to be formally returned to Germany in a ceremony at the U.S. State Department in January. Germany has 19 other albums discovered at the Berchtesgaden complex that are part of a 31-album collection of works either destined for or being considered for the Linz museum... 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_hitler_s_album 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Skull
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 04:45:58 PM »

I see a good book to burn... :)

Oh the irony... :)
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

It's neVer over!

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 06:43:57 PM »

I see a good book to burn... :)

Oh the irony... :)
But... they're not talking about burning it, at least I don't think ._.

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 08:19:29 PM »

Hitler's artistic skills were not that bad, and he actually had pretty decent taste in paintings.  On the other hand, his architectural ideas . . .

how much masculinity can a building radiate before flooding the streets with Nazi testosterone??? Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 08:46:20 PM »

I see a good book to burn... :)Oh the irony... :)
Your statement might be ironic, but the story isn't.  This book is simply a volume of a many volumed wish-list of HITLER's.  Hopefully it contains many paintings he didn't get the chance to steal. 

Skull
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 09:51:35 AM »

I see a good book to burn... :)Oh the irony... :)
Your statement might be ironic, but the story isn't.  This book is simply a volume of a many volumed wish-list of HITLER's.  Hopefully it contains many paintings he didn't get the chance to steal.  

If we didnt find those painting by now do you actually think we could find them with that book... It reminds me of the "Opening Al Capone's Vault" hosted by Geraldo Rivera. (Hint... they found nothing)

The irony is how the nazi party burn books and it seems Essential for us to save Hitler's book for history.

I say we should burn it... :)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 10:00:41 AM by Skull » Logged
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 10:07:29 AM »

I'm opposed to all book-burning.  Just because it's associated with Hitler is no reason to burn it. 

To quote Henry Jones Sr., "It tells me, that goose-stepping morons like yourself should try *reading* books instead of *burning* them!"

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 11:08:24 PM »

I see a good book to burn... :)  Oh the irony... :)
Your statement might be ironic, but the story isn't.  This book is simply a volume of a many volumed wish-list of HITLER's.  Hopefully it contains many paintings he didn't get the chance to steal.  
If we didnt find those painting by now do you actually think we could find them with that book... It reminds me of the "Opening Al Capone's Vault" hosted by Geraldo Rivera. (Hint... they found nothing)
Uh... what?  Who said anything about finding any paintings or any search for paintings?  This book is an artifact, perhaps with information that could be of interest to scholars.  And my comment about paintings is a reference to the well known and numerous instances of Nazi theft of art.  I did not suggest that any paintings might be found.  Read again if necessary.  

The irony is how the nazi party burn books and it seems Essential for us to save Hitler's book for history.  I say we should burn it... :)
You don't get it.  You're on a different topic; in fact, you're on more than one different topic.   Wink
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 12:06:07 AM by Allhallowsday » Logged

Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 11:18:00 PM »

Its quite possible that some of the art works shown in the album did not survive the war. That alone would make it worthwhile for study.

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  WWII veteran had Hitler's art book on bookshelf « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.