Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:24:14 PM
713372 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  REALLY STUPID ENDINGS TO MOVIES « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: REALLY STUPID ENDINGS TO MOVIES  (Read 14879 times)
SPazzo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My kinda toy...

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2009, 06:28:43 PM »

I've never seen this film, partly because someone told me that they changed the hopeful ending of the short story to a horrible one.  Buggedout

It's true, they did.  But it was extremely well done.  If you don't mind being a little depressed for a while, I'd suggest watching it.

Also, I didn't really like the ending to Rocky Horror.  Whenever I watch it now, I always stop it at the end of Wild and Untamed Thing.  In my mind, Frank, Brad, Janet, Columbia, and Rocky are all still dancing the floor show. Smile
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2009, 09:05:37 PM »

Got to agree with several lsited here including The Mist, Deadly Friend and the Matrix Trilogy. All were pure Hollywood BS.

The remake of The Day The Earth stood Still had an ending that not only was complete BS but it was so bad it even ruined watching the original for me.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Jim H

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2009, 05:48:21 PM »

I've mentioned it numerous times on here: The Last Broadcast.  Worst ending in film history, in the sense of damaging the film as a whole anyway.
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2009, 01:11:36 AM »

I've mentioned it numerous times on here: The Last Broadcast.  Worst ending in film history, in the sense of damaging the film as a whole anyway.
I have to agree. Up until the last 15 or so minutes, it's a decent film then that ending happens which makes no sense.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2009, 07:28:13 AM »

Dude, I totally overlooked this one.  What the hell were they thinking?  I mean the story kind of roped me in and at the end I literally shouted, "Oh COME ON!" at the end.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2009, 11:33:20 AM »

Monster A Go-Go: I never seen such a disjointed ending that just left me frustrated.  It made no sense whatsoever!

The first thing I thought of when I read the thread title.  So, the movie never happened, or...  Question 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2009, 03:35:07 PM »

Got to agree with several lsited here including The Mist, Deadly Friend and the Matrix Trilogy. All were pure Hollywood BS.

The remake of The Day The Earth stood Still had an ending that not only was complete BS but it was so bad it even ruined watching the original for me.

Why did you remind me of that movie! It was almost out of my head! such a pull out of there @$$ ending!

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2009, 12:57:06 AM »

Not a stupid ending or even a stupid film, but the ending of Andrew Davis'The Package with Gene Hackman and Tommy Lee Jones nearly made me bite my tongue in half. I never saw that coming. 

"Why are we stopping, Sergeant?"
"Sorry sir: just checking the map."

Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
paula
Bad Movie Lover

Just give me hairspray and I can rule the world!

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2009, 01:05:36 AM »

The Mist (2007): There are moments when this one is pretty cool especially it's monsters hidden in the fog motif but this film's ending is so nasty it pretty much ruins the whole film.
[/quote]

from my, humble, point of view, the ending was horrible.  i can see a movie adaptation not reproducing a book in an exact sense, but part of "The Mist"s allure is the cryptic book ending, with the band driving south and the reader left to wonder how it ends for them.

i dont have a problem with a director taking some creative liberties....but darabont is not on a level to completely rewrite a very good short story.  did he rewrite the green mile's ending?  FAIL!

"What about the American Dream?"
"It came true!  You're looking at it!"
paula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2009, 01:09:24 AM »

Blair witch project?

am I alone on this one? 

i mean, give me SOMETHING at the end...i mean I understand not seeing the witch has some suspense value....but....SOMETHING

SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2009, 01:27:58 AM »

Blair witch project?

am I alone on this one? 

i mean, give me SOMETHING at the end...i mean I understand not seeing the witch has some suspense value....but....SOMETHING

I think they tried a little too hard in the "leave the audience wanting more" department.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2009, 02:26:50 AM »

The Mist (2007): There are moments when this one is pretty cool especially it's monsters hidden in the fog motif but this film's ending is so nasty it pretty much ruins the whole film.

from my, humble, point of view, the ending was horrible.  i can see a movie adaptation not reproducing a book in an exact sense, but part of "The Mist"s allure is the cryptic book ending, with the band driving south and the reader left to wonder how it ends for them.

i dont have a problem with a director taking some creative liberties....but darabont is not on a level to completely rewrite a very good short story.  did he rewrite the green mile's ending?  FAIL!
[/quote]

I agree that that ending was a bit too much shock for shock's sake, but I understand why they did it. The short story's ending really just does not work in a movie. Movies tend to have to work as a complete package, whereas short story's strengths are usually evocativeness. I still have problems with the ending, but I really enjoyed the rest of the movie.

If you can find it, "The Mist" was made into a radio drama starring William Sadler, who was also in the film. Check it out, it was pretty good, and there's an absolutely hilarious product placement involving Skippy Peanut Butter.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
paula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2009, 05:18:02 AM »

I agree that that ending was a bit too much shock for shock's sake, but I understand why they did it. The short story's ending really just does not work in a movie. Movies tend to have to work as a complete package, whereas short story's strengths are usually evocativeness. I still have problems with the ending, but I really enjoyed the rest of the movie.

If you can find it, "The Mist" was made into a radio drama starring William Sadler, who was also in the film. Check it out, it was pretty good, and there's an absolutely hilarious product placement involving Skippy Peanut Butter.
[/quote]

well mofo (he! i'd get punched if i said that to anyone else!) i'll agree to disagree.  an open ending of a film is nothing to fear and has been pulled off many times (and pulled off well).  the real climax is within the store between humans (the old "humans must destroy themselves" theme).  i think it was more a case of darabont wanting his stamp on a project rather than the ending of the short story being un-theatric (yes, i made that word up!).  anywho, nothin but love!  Wink

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2009, 08:44:45 AM »

Blair witch project?

am I alone on this one? 

I was waiting for "SOMETHING" the entire movie. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2009, 04:07:12 AM »

well mofo (he! i'd get punched if i said that to anyone else!) i'll agree to disagree.  an open ending of a film is nothing to fear and has been pulled off many times (and pulled off well).  the real climax is within the store between humans (the old "humans must destroy themselves" theme).  i think it was more a case of darabont wanting his stamp on a project rather than the ending of the short story being un-theatric (yes, i made that word up!).  anywho, nothin but love!  Wink

Oh, naturally. The broad spectrum of viewpoints is one of the greatest things about this board. (Of course, if Darabont wants to make his own stamp, he may want to consider, just possibly, trying something else other than adapting a King work.)

A bit different from the rest of the films mentioned, but the film Ghost Town with Ricky Gervais and Tea Leoni is a fairly cute film, but the final bit of dialogue in the film made me visibly cringe. SPOILERS FOLLOW.

Ricky Gervais, who is a dentist, talks to Tea Leoni:

TL: "It hurts when I smile."
RG: "I can help you with that."

Such clumsy writing! Ufh. Just painful.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  REALLY STUPID ENDINGS TO MOVIES « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.