Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 03:16:46 AM
532444 Posts in 40271 Topics by 5041 Members
Latest Member: Laden
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Frogs « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Frogs  (Read 8528 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: December 13, 2009, 01:37:05 PM »

Reader review by InformationGeek.  Nature turns the table on rich old jerk Ray Milland and his children.  Snakes, alligators, tarantulas, a huge snapping turtle, and lizards become killers.  Toads and frogs are the army's generals.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 04:04:19 PM »

Nice review InformationGeek,  but there is one plot point you and I seem to majorly differ on.  I think it's entirely possible that a snapping turtle could kill someone.

Pulling this of of http://blogs.thatpetplace.com/thatreptileblog/2008/06/06/the-snapping-turtle-chelydra-serpentina-%E2%80%93-miscellaneous-facts/

The snapping turtle is the Western Hemisphere’s second largest fresh water turtle (following the alligator snapping turtle). The largest to date weighed 86 pounds, but rumors of 100 pound plus individuals persist.

So a large one could exist that could ,if not kill, considerably hurt someone.  

I haven't seen the movie in years so I don't know the species, but-if it was an aligator snapping turtle...

One of those could certainly get big enough to kill someone.
Large adult males can be around 32 inches in length and have a reported weight of 220lb
source:Smithsonion Institution Animal: The Definative Visual Guide to the World's Wildlife.

An the woman in the scene(if I'm rembering correctly) was stuck in the mud and getting hysterical;  not exactly the best position to be fending off a large reptile.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 07:42:07 PM by WingedSerpent » Logged

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...

In 1991, when The People's Court ratings started to slip, Judge Wapner reinstated the death penalty-Late Show Fun Fact
Fishgal01
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 07:39:31 PM »

I actually have a copy of the Frogs DVD.  Given to me as a gag gift.  Long story.  Anyway, I was also highly disappointed that nearly everyone died of anything /but/ "frogs"; and the hypno-toad ending was just lame.  Very.

Yes, toads.  There were very few actual frogs in the movie.  The amphibians in question were all CANE TOADS.  Even the DVD cover is a /lie/!  A lie, I tell you!

Do I sound bitter about this?  Nah.

Still, the best death of them all was the tarantulas throwing silly string while the victim writhed around in the quick-moss-o'-doom.

AND THEY WERE CANE TOADS, DAMN IT!  IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE TOADS, CALL THE F***ING DVD "TOADS".  I AM AN AQUATICS BIOLOGIST AND...and...well, excuse me.  Not bitter at all.

And, best of all, if you read the DVD cover, you'll see that they lost a lot of their "livestock" (in Florida) during the making of the movie.  Gee, now I think we know where the Florida Everglade's python problems started....
El Misfit
The bullsh*t meter is up high ಠ__ಠ
B-Movie Kraken

Listen here you little s**t.

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 09:10:56 PM »

uhh... WHAT? Bluesad

yeah no.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 10:49:02 PM »

I feel so special!  Another review of mine has been choosen!  Thanks Andrew!  Question for you!  Do you think this film is similiar to Jungle Hell with the obessive use of stock footage of animals (In this film's case, frogs).

Nice review InformationGeek,  but there is one plot point you and I seem to majorly differ on.  I think it's entirely possible that a snapping turtle could kill someone.

People have told me that it is possible for snapping turtles to kill someone, but the one in the movie I saw was way too small to have killed the girl.

THEY WERE CANE TOADS, DAMN IT!  IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE TOADS, CALL THE F***ING DVD "TOADS".  I AM AN AQUATICS BIOLOGIST AND...and...well, excuse me.  Not bitter at all.

I guess Toads for a title isn't as horrifying as "Frogs" is.  I noticed that problem with Frogs as well with most of these so called things really being toads.  Annoying really and as a biologist, you must have noticed that several of those creatures are most likely not native to the region the film is being taken place.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 12:38:43 PM »

Lol. Nice review InformationGeek. Sorry you weren't a big fan. I actually have a soft spot in my heart for this movie; it used to be on TV all the time on the TBS Superstation along with such classics as "Day of the Animals," "Grizzly," "Island Claws," "Slugs," and numerous other nature gone amok 'thrillers.' While it's not my favorite killer animal flick, it did end up at number 9 of my Top Ten List of Killer Animal movies!

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Torgo

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 01:45:47 PM »

This is one tough movie to sit through. No matter how hard you try, you just can't make a frog threatening.  Add to the fact that literally almost NOTHING happens in this entire movie and it's a tough one for anyone to slog through.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Flu-Bird
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 01:44:30 AM »

I think it was made about the early years of the eco-wacko movment and talk about over bloated filmmatic bull kaka like most of theo-wacko movies
Reb Brown
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 11:28:30 AM »

My theory while watching the movie was that the frogs were the ringleaders and had psychic powers and could control all the other animals to kill the humans. In this sense, the frogs were the most dangerous threat and worthy of the movie title.
Kitten_Pie
New Visitor

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 01:49:38 PM »

What everyone fails to notice is that even though Davy Crockett (yes I know it's Jason, but someone HAD to say it.) is polluting the area, the amphibian population is INCREASING. It's commonly known that amphibian's are a marker to pollution levels. Pollution goes up, frogs/toads die. Their skin is highly porous. An example would be my two African clawed frogs. The kids wanted to help out and they cleaned the tank for me. But they didn't know that they needed to treat the tap water before putting the frogs back in. Within 30 minutes of exposure to tap water (yes I know...) they were dead.

So with Davy Crockett spewing pesticides and pollution like it's his life work, there should have been no frogs (i know, cane toads, hold the hate) at all! And thus no animal rebellion to begin with!!

Did Al Gore help make this?

When shooting wrapped, they beat up some homeless people, made some kitten pies and fed them to orphans...
Intangible Skeleton
Dedicated Viewer

Rip your flesh.

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 09:41:25 PM »

This movie was INCREDIBLY boring, yet I could not turn away. Somehow like the titular "frogs" it has a mesmerizing power.

Bryan
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2009, 05:12:50 AM »

I think this is the only movie the made "Night of the Lupus" look scary.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 06:51:54 PM »

I really don't like this film.

Really.

Just having shots of wildlife doesn't make them any more threatening.

Tedious. Very tedious.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2011, 08:31:44 PM »

This movie was INCREDIBLY boring, yet I could not turn away. Somehow like the titular "frogs" it has a mesmerizing power.

It was the Hipno-toad from Futurama.  HEHEHEHE.

I liked the movie.  It was slow, but I like it.

A must buy for five bucks.

Later,

John   Cheers

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2011, 09:44:46 AM »

For all those talking about how there are toads in this movie instead of frogs

Small | Large

and
http://allaboutfrogs.org/weird/general/frogtoad.html

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...

In 1991, when The People's Court ratings started to slip, Judge Wapner reinstated the death penalty-Late Show Fun Fact
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Frogs « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.