Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:16:51 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  "It's The Same Old Song" ~ SONGS YOU NEVER WANT TO HEAR AGAIN « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: "It's The Same Old Song" ~ SONGS YOU NEVER WANT TO HEAR AGAIN  (Read 21527 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: December 16, 2009, 07:00:24 PM »

This thread is for discussing records that you may have liked, but no longer can stand, or songs you have simply heard so many times, you don't ever need to hear them again...
Songs you may have always "hated" but aren't or weren't overplayed would be another topic.  

I really never need to again hear "Yesterday" or "Michelle" both by THE BEATLES, songs I may have imagined once having liked, but simply can't stomach now.  The inspiration for this thread is the still-in-constant-rotation-on-oldies-radio FOUR TOPS 1965 hit, "It's The Same Old Song" which is the most appropriate and serendipitous song title of all time, which of course I heard today while listening to an oldies station:  
Small | Large

Don't get me wrong, THE FOUR TOPS are awesome, and this record is classic.  I just don't want to hear it again.  Ever.  

There's plenty of records I don't like, even 1 or 2 I may hate, but there are quite a few that are sure-fire station changers.  
What about you?  WHAT SONGS DO YOU NEVER WANT TO HEAR AGAIN ?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 07:42:00 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 08:05:07 PM »

Didn't a cooler guy do a thread on this a while back?  Wink 
http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,114378.0.html
But I'm glad its come up again.

Lets see...in no particular order and I'll list more as I think of them.

I'll start though with the one I NEVER, EVER, EVER want to hear again...I hate this song beyond belief...
Small | Large

Ok on with the countdown...
Billy Idol - Mony Mony
KISS - Rock N Roll All Night, Shout It Out Loud
Poison - Every Rose Has It's Thorn, Something To Believe In
G n R - Sweet Child O Mine
Kool And The Gang - Celebration
Aerosmith - Don't Wanna Miss A Thing (its my wedding song too)
Limp Bizkit - Rollin' (and most of the catalog)
AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long
Eagles - Hotel California
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
Sister Sledge - We Are Family
Dionne Warwick And Friends - Thats What Friends Are Fore
Madonna - Like A Virgin, Like A Prayer
Club Noveau - Lean On Me
Nickleback - Rock Star (and most of the catalog)
Creed - With Arms Wide Open (and most of the catalog)
Quiet Riot - Cum On Feel The Noize
VM - Brown Eyed Girl
Metallica - Anything Post ...And Justice For All
Bog Seger - Turn The Page

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 08:13:25 PM »

Imagine by John Lennon
Small | Large

I liked, at one point.  But hearing it SO MANY TIMES on the radio recently, I kinda could live the rest of my life NEVER hearing it again.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 10:02:40 PM »

Didn't a cooler guy do a thread on this a while back?  Wink 
http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,114378.0.html
But I'm glad its come up again.
Uh... some other guy, but hardly cooler...  Drink 

Lets see...in no particular order and I'll list more as I think of them.
I'll start though with the one I NEVER, EVER, EVER want to hear again...I hate this song beyond belief...
I tol' you it wasn't 'bout hate.  But "Don't Worry, Be Happy" was overplayed... haven't heard it in years, but that may be because I change the station...  Lookingup

Ok on with the countdown...Billy Idol - Mony MonyKISS - Rock N Roll All Night, Shout It Out LoudPoison - Every Rose Has It's Thorn, Something To Believe InG n R - Sweet Child O MineKool And The Gang - CelebrationAerosmith - Don't Wanna Miss A Thing (its my wedding song too) BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle
Limp Bizkit - Rollin' (and most of the catalog)
AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long
Eagles - Hotel California (yeh it was overplayed, but I like it still... but I don' wanna listen to it.) 
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home AlabamaSister Sledge - We Are Family
Dionne Warwick And Friends - Thats What Friends Are Fore (I love this song)
Madonna - Like A Virgin, Like A PrayerClub Noveau - Lean On MeNickleback - Rock Star (and most of the catalog)Creed - With Arms Wide Open (and most of the catalog)Quiet Riot - Cum On Feel The Noize
VM - Brown Eyed Girl  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle (and so true...) Metallica - Anything Post ...And Justice For AllBog Seger - Turn The Page

Oh, and yeh, Happy, though I love LENNON and "Imagine" I don't need to hear it right quick. 

retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 10:33:08 PM »

Don't Stop Believing.
Before He Cheats.
Goodbye Earl.. or anything by the Dixie Chicks.
F*** Her Gently.
Killing Me Softly by the Fugees.
What's Up.
Suds In The Bucket.
Strawberry Wine.
Ode To My Car.
I Kissed A Girl.
Anything Alannis Morissette.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 11:15:52 PM »

Womanizer by Britney Spears.
Small | Large

Mind you, I like to think I'm pretty open to musical tastes.  I mean, I'm a guy who likes a range of people from Dean Martin to Metallica, New Kids on the Block and Weird Al.  I even had Britney's "Greatest Hits" at one point in my collection of cd's. 

HOWEVER.  This song came along.  I wanted to like it.  I gave it chance.  But in the span of one fateful 3 day weekend, I wanted to THROW my radio out the window.  Mind you, I was out at the bar with some girl I was hanging with for a while and her friends.  Not only was this song played about 10 times in 3 hours...but we also heard it 4 different times on the ride home.  Then the next morning, it was played roughly 3 times an hour on the radio.  On a consistent basis...All Saturday and all Sunday.  Not just one station either...3 different stations.  Again, this is comin from a guy who liked her music. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 02:38:27 AM »

I remember the old topic.

I'm pretty open to people enjoying the music they love, but I never, ever want to hear "The Joker" by the Steve Miller Band ever again. It's a hopeless dream of mine.

The worst part is that whenever the song starts up, everybody around me gets really excited and insist on singing along, especially that "Maurice" line. I hate, hate this song. It makes me want to gouge out my own eardrums with my mother's brooches.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 03:16:49 AM »

"Sweet Caroline" and I hate when people go "BA BA BAAAA...." and "SO GOOD!  SO GOOD!  SO GOOD!"
Also, I'm sick of Margaritaville, and when people go "WHERE'S THE SALT!  WHERE'S THE G**DAMN SALT!".

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 03:17:41 AM »

Lady Gaga- Paparazzi
Linkin Park- Somewhere I Belong
Adema- Freaking Out
Anything Brittney Spears
Anything Eminem

I can't really think of anymore off hand.  I'm sure I'll come up with some others later.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 12:39:06 PM »

Joe mentioned Linkin Park.  I'll give a nod to anything in their collection.   They are probably one of the most overrated bands of all time.  Oh and thank you Retro for mentioning Sweet Caroline.  Thumbup

Bon Jovi - Living On A Prayer, You Give Love A Bad Name
Shania Twain - Man, I Feel Like A Woman
Great White - Once Bitten, Twice Shy
Abba - Dancing Queen (and 99% of their catalog...I have a soft spot for "Fernando")
Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick (And a good percentage of their catalog...I don't get Tull...I just don't...)
The Fat Boys (with Chubby Checker) - The Twist
Michael Jackson - You Are Not Alone
Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On (it always makes me think of that reprehensible Titanic movie...)

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 03:17:22 PM »

I'm surprised no ones mentioned this song yet:
Small | Large

As a child I was never allowed to play this song. My dad told me "I'll glady listen to an hour of that new rap crap before I hear this song again!". Oddly enough it was his album I'd use when I first heard this song. TeddyR

Also I kinda loath to admit it but I actually like most of the older songs that are mentioned here like the ones from KISS Bob Seger and Jethro tull to name a few. Although I could see how they could get annoying if I'd hear them enough times, or just didn't like the band general.

As for what I hate, is pretty much all the new songs that come out these days. I just can't seem to like em, no matter how many times I give them a chance. It just sounds like the same old song thats been reworked.
Javakoala
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 10:37:28 PM »

Brandy by Looking Glass

I avoid this song and still cringe when I hear it. I know the lyrics, and, much like Cartman with the Styx song of his nightmares, it has to play through my head every time I hear it.  I want it to go away. Please, make it stop.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2009, 03:54:55 AM »

Lifehouse- Hanging by a Moment
The Carpenters- Sing
Anything N Sync
Weezer- Hash Pipe or Beverly Hills
AC/DC- Touch Too Much

In most of these cases on either post, these were songs I was indifferent towards until hearing them repeatedly.  Then things got worse...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2009, 08:16:17 PM »

I actually have in my possession LAURA BRANIGAN's Greatest Hits cd... no, it ain't mine (belongs to a friend's husband that she's divorcing - no wonder)!  Yet, I have not uploaded it, though I always borrow everybody's cds to upload, and it's sitting right there, and I have 100s of albums up on my computer, many of which I don't really like...  Thumbdown Lookingup Thumbdown
Small | Large

Cthulhu

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2009, 03:06:05 AM »

Oh, boy, do I have a bunch of those "never want to hear it again"  songs.
Everything (Or should I say anything? Which one is correct?) from ABBA
pokerface-lady gaga (Seriously. I have an urge to murder everyone when I hear it. Same with paparazzi.)
Everything from John Lennon
Sweet home, Alabama
I kissed a girl
I got a feeling-Black eyed peas
that techno piece of...music, maybe it's called Riverside
Christmas carols
bulletproof
and the 500 other songs that I'm forced to hear every day and I don't know their title.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  "It's The Same Old Song" ~ SONGS YOU NEVER WANT TO HEAR AGAIN « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.