Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:29:30 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  "It's The Same Old Song" ~ SONGS YOU NEVER WANT TO HEAR AGAIN « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: "It's The Same Old Song" ~ SONGS YOU NEVER WANT TO HEAR AGAIN  (Read 21467 times)
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2009, 02:21:05 PM »

I never want to hear a nickelback song. ever it is the same old song because all your songs sound the same!

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2009, 02:25:26 PM »

Absolutely everything from the radio and charts that came out in the last 15 years.

voltron
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2009, 04:34:10 PM »

Absolutely everything from the radio and charts that came out in the last 15 years.
Right on Circus.  Thumbup Popular music, in my opinon, is now at an all-time low, getting worse as the years go on. Just insipid, uninspired, cash driven horses**t. When I used to write for a local 'zine, I wrote an article about how popular music was going down the toilet - this was like 10 years ago when nu-metal and bands like Creed were popular. I couldn't fathom how much lower music could sink, but apparently it has - and I don't want to sound like I'm praising the music back then, which I am not - but music these days is just so plastic and, well, FAKE, that I'm left dumbfounded at the total lack of substance that is on display these days. I don't think anyone will look back at music over the past 15+ years from now and be nostalgic for it. It will only be an embarassment to those who follow the trends. I remember getting picked on for liking metal when NKOTB were hip, and a few years later, those same people were embarassed to admit that they listened to them. Things haven't really changed much....I don't know what the hell I'm trying to get at, but I do know what I like, and I'm proud to say that I've always had a disdain for anything remotely trendy. BAH!

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Cthulhu

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2009, 04:59:36 PM »

Right on Circus.  Thumbup Popular music, in my opinon, is now at an all-time low, getting worse as the years go on. Just insipid, uninspired, cash driven horses**t. When I used to write for a local 'zine, I wrote an article about how popular music was going down the toilet - this was like 10 years ago when nu-metal and bands like Creed were popular. I couldn't fathom how much lower music could sink, but apparently it has - and I don't want to sound like I'm praising the music back then, which I am not - but music these days is just so plastic and, well, FAKE, that I'm left dumbfounded at the total lack of substance that is on display these days. I don't think anyone will look back at music over the past 15+ years from now and be nostalgic for it. It will only be an embarassment to those who follow the trends. I remember getting picked on for liking metal when NKOTB were hip, and a few years later, those same people were embarassed to admit that they listened to them. Things haven't really changed much....I don't know what the hell I'm trying to get at, but I do know what I like, and I'm proud to say that I've always had a disdain for anything remotely trendy. BAH!
You sir, are absolutely right.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2009, 05:42:19 PM »

Scandal - I am the Warrior
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2009, 05:55:24 PM »

Anything, and I mean ANYTHING, by the Dave Matthews Band.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2009, 08:50:37 PM »

Toxic-Britney Spears

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2009, 11:38:53 PM »

No BECK Odelay...?  No AMY WINEHOUSE?  I agree, and often complain to my bored friends about how modern Pop is just homogenized sh!t.  That doesn't mean that 1 in 100 or 1000 aren't worthwhile.  

And not to seem like I'm pickin' on these guys, THE FOUR TOPS are great, I've just heard this song more than amply (here's a great clip that is thoroughly enjoyable, I even liked the song again - not really):
Small | Large

« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 11:44:19 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2009, 12:30:21 PM »

No BECK Odelay
I'm sorry Allhallows, I don't get Beck personally.   but if it helps I like a lot of music done by people much less talented. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2009, 01:00:55 PM »

No BECK Odelay...?  No AMY WINEHOUSE?  I agree, and often complain to my bored friends about how modern Pop is just homogenized sh!t.  That doesn't mean that 1 in 100 or 1000 aren't worthwhile.  

I'm not saying every artist is a bad artist, there are lots of decent musicians around - mainly ones that don't get enough credit. I'll easily admit the likes of Amy Winehouse and Beck are good, but they're not my cup of tea. Plus, the thread is titled "Songs you never want to hear again", not what artists do you wish would curl up and die.  TeddyR

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2009, 11:55:46 PM »

No BECK Odelay
I'm sorry Allhallows, I don't get Beck personally.   but if it helps I like a lot of music done by people much less talented. 

LOL.  Yer silly.   Thumbup

I'm not saying every artist is a bad artist, there are lots of decent musicians around - mainly ones that don't get enough credit. I'll easily admit the likes of Amy Winehouse and Beck are good, but they're not my cup of tea. Plus, the thread is titled "Songs you never want to hear again", not what artists do you wish would curl up and die.  TeddyR
Well, since I started the thread, I know its title, thank you very much (those last 4 words for you, as it seems to be a common Brit sarcasm... just finished reading Hellraisers)  However, I see your point.  Good, bad, or indifferent, you're not interested.   Thumbup  Fair enough, and oh so understandable.  

« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 11:57:59 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2010, 01:09:14 AM »

Small | Large

My concept had been a song you may have even loved... but now, now...

retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2010, 06:12:23 AM »

Wanted Dead Or Alive-Bon Jovi
Friends In Low Places-Garth Brooks
Picture-Sheryl Crow & Kid Rock
Strokin'-Clarence Carter
Psycho Killer-Talking Heads
Gin And Juice-Snoop Doggy Dogg

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2010, 10:13:08 PM »

Small | Large

This is a strange one for me, I have a love/hate relationship with it...

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2010, 10:31:46 PM »

Just about almost every rap song in existance.  There a couple of them I like, but most of them I can't stand since I either don't like the lyrics or like the music.

Outside of that, I really don't have any song I never want to hear again.  Surprisingly enough, if I don't listen to any song for a few years and then come back to again, I find that really like it again.  Interesting.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  "It's The Same Old Song" ~ SONGS YOU NEVER WANT TO HEAR AGAIN « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.