Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 08:38:42 AM
714152 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Well, I'm back! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Well, I'm back!  (Read 2474 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: December 18, 2009, 06:03:58 PM »

Back from vacation, thought I'd drop by and say, "Hi" to everyone.  It was fun, but now I'm suffering from a mild case of "back from vacation" blues.  But still, I think it's good to be home.  Got all kinds of neat stories to tell about places I went, but first things first, gotta get my computer up to spec.  Before I left I was having problems with it (not sure, but I think it was an update from Microsoft that messed it up), and it was stuck in a boot cycle.

Long story short, had to install Windows on a second directory so I can get all the files I wanted to back up and then reinstall my operating system (the tech guy seemed REAL surprised that I'd gone four years without having to do this already...)

Anyway, I remember get most of all the big important files I wanted, but forgot to get some of the smaller ones, like my email address book, the accounts/passwords stored in my password manager, and all my bookmarks.

DOH!

Well, anyway, hope everyone else has been doing okay since I've been gone.  Anything neat happen while I was away?

Take care!

Mike

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 06:07:22 PM »

Hey, hey Mikey! Good to know you had an interesting time, and welcome back!  Smile

Cthulhu

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 03:32:37 AM »

Back from vacation, thought I'd drop by and say, "Hi" to everyone.  It was fun, but now I'm suffering from a mild case of "back from vacation" blues.  But still, I think it's good to be home.  Got all kinds of neat stories to tell about places I went, but first things first, gotta get my computer up to spec.  Before I left I was having problems with it (not sure, but I think it was an update from Microsoft that messed it up), and it was stuck in a boot cycle.

Long story short, had to install Windows on a second directory so I can get all the files I wanted to back up and then reinstall my operating system (the tech guy seemed REAL surprised that I'd gone four years without having to do this already...)

Anyway, I remember get most of all the big important files I wanted, but forgot to get some of the smaller ones, like my email address book, the accounts/passwords stored in my password manager, and all my bookmarks.

DOH!

Well, anyway, hope everyone else has been doing okay since I've been gone.  Anything neat happen while I was away?

Take care!

Mike
Welcome back!
I got back from a little hike yesterday, too.
While I was at there, I've only slept 3 hours.
I got home at 5 PM, and I woke up at 8 AM. TeddyR
BTM

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 03:34:38 PM »

Welcome back!
I got back from a little hike yesterday, too.
While I was at there, I've only slept 3 hours.
I got home at 5 PM, and I woke up at 8 AM. TeddyR

Hmm... must be that new math I've been hearing so much about...

;)

3mnkids

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 07:34:50 PM »

Welcome back   Smile

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
BTM

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 02:35:44 AM »

You know what the sad part is, though?  (Other than the whole "Having to go back to work thing"?)  Other than my co-workers, I don't think anyone else even NOTICED I'd been gone for the whole week.  I mean, granted, I work nights so most of the people in my apartment complex don't see me much, but you'd think they would have noticed my car had been gone from the parking lot....

Reminds me of that old Peanuts comic, Charlie Brown is sitting by Lucy's Psychiatric Help stand saying, "I'm so depressed, sometimes I feel like if I were to disappear tomorrow, no one would miss me." 

Lucy says, "Oh, Charlie Brown, that's not true."  (A beat)  "If you were to disappear today no one would miss you!"

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 04:32:56 AM »

You know what the sad part is, though?  (Other than the whole "Having to go back to work thing"?) Other than my co-workers, I don't think anyone else even NOTICED I'd been gone for the whole week.  

I feel like that sometimes. Feel like a damn ghost. My neighbours won't speak to me and I get ignored alot by certain people at my workplace.

BTM

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 04:42:44 AM »

You know what the sad part is, though?  (Other than the whole "Having to go back to work thing"?) Other than my co-workers, I don't think anyone else even NOTICED I'd been gone for the whole week.  

I feel like that sometimes. Feel like a damn ghost. My neighbours won't speak to me and I get ignored alot by certain people at my workplace.

I hate that... :(

Course, someone once said, "If you feel like no one would notice if you were gone, try missing a few payments."
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 10:17:40 AM by BTM » Logged

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Well, I'm back! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.