Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:20:56 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Avatar (2009) « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Avatar (2009)  (Read 11968 times)
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2010, 07:12:47 AM »

Was the movie overhyped? Yes, is it bad? No. I thought Avatar had a fairly decent script and I didn't have much problem with the dialog, every body played there roles very well. The problem with this movie is that its kinda cliche. Cameron doesn't do anything really unexpected I knew who was going to die  as soon as they came on screen, I knew how the plot was going to progress, I had most of the movie figured out in the first hour.
I guess I was kinda disappointed that this movie didn't take anything but the special effects to the next level. It's better at least than the Starwars Prequels but I doubt that this is going to topple Starwars off its lofty throne.
But over all its a fun movie to watch and I'll probably buy it when it comes out on dvd. There will most likely be extended scenes that will help fill in some of  the gaps the theatrical release had.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2010, 08:43:46 AM »

I for one was quite disapointed on seeing how easy it was for Jake Sully to capture a Last Shadow.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
SPazzo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My kinda toy...

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2010, 02:29:28 AM »

So I just saw it in 3D today.  Hmmm....

Well, I did like it.  The effects were great, the world was amazing.  You could really tell that they had some amazing artists working on this film.  My only complaint; the faith aspect.  So, the Na'vi's deity seemed pretty peaceful at first.  But then Jake prays for them to fight off the humans.  It seems like it could have a message here about God (or a god) not fighting peoples battles for them.  But then the god just goes apes**t on the humans.  A little strange...

I sort of have an idea about it.  Maybe their god represents Mother Nature.  It's sort of a message that while Nature is brutal and violent, it can still be peaceful too.  I guess living on a farm that message is nothing new to me.  Oh well. Lookingup

I just guess that I dug a little too deep into it.  Anyway, the 3D was pretty cool.  This was my first 3D movie and I really did enjoy it.  It was the Real D 3D, and they had some sweet Buddy Holly 3D glasses which is a bonus.

All in all, a 8/10.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Avatar (2009) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.