Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:32:54 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy won't have a sequel :( « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy won't have a sequel :(  (Read 2184 times)
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« on: December 20, 2009, 07:17:21 PM »

Yes I would like to talk about one of my favorite films, 2004's The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.  I enjoyed this film and when I bought it on DVD, my friends and I had great fun ntpicking all of its scientific and reality flaws.  But all in all, it was a good film with a rich story.  At the end of the film, they did hint that the sequel to it, would be filmed.  That sequel was called the Restaurant at the End of the Universe.  I had waited and waiited for the announcements to this film, but they sadly never came.  So I finally started searching for info about it.  Then I read an interview with one of the movie's stars and he said the sequel wasn't coming.  This really broke my heart.  I mean if you're going to film the book, have the decency to film its follow-ups. 

Want me to tear up some of this film's scientific flaws?  Ok, I'll do a couple.

Marvin  In the film, they made Marvin a robot.  In the books, he was called Marvin, the Paranoid Android.  Do you know the difference between a robot and an android?  Its simple, an android is a robot designed the imitate the appearance and behavior of a living being.  Granted Marvin did act depressed, but that didn't make him an android.  His body was completely metallic and oddly-shaped.  His head was extremely large.  Whoever designed Marvin must have smoked too many joints.  If you design an upright robot with an oversized head, it wouldn't be able to stand up.

Vogons  These guys destroyed the earth to make room for a new space highway and they protect president Zaphod Beeblebrox.  Well if they are trying to protect Zaphod, why are they shooting at him?  I liked the part at the end when they are trying to "protect" Zaphod then Marvin comes out with the SMPOV gun and shoots them all.  They are become too depressed to do their job, LOL!!!

See My Point-Of-View Gun  This weapon is hilarious.  Could you imagine what the wrld would be like if this thing were real?  The world would be a better place.  But sadly, this thing would never become reality.  A weapon like this would change the checmical structure of your brain to make you understand why someone feels the way they do.  Something like this would be complex in the extreme.  The only way I see it being possible is through nanotechnology.

But all-in all, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy was a great film.  Restaraunt at the End of the Universe deserves to be filmed.  Anyone agree with me on this?

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
Javakoala
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 11:26:37 PM »

I hear the sound of lonely, lonely crickets.......
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 01:30:08 PM »

Well, I'm interested in seeing that HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE adaptation someday.  Can't really decide on whether a sequel is merited until I've seen the first one.

No comment on the "reality flaws," obviously.  Lookingup   

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Skull
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 02:10:59 PM »

The Hitchhiker's Guide was originally a radio play and the BBC version is the best version since is almost follows the funny radio play.

I really didnt like the 2005 version because its really too short and looses the sarcasm... :)

Small | Large

[Note... the computer graphics in this clip is just animation to look like a computer graphic, because there was no such computer that could do this task in the early 1980's... ]

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy won't have a sequel :( « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.