Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:01:42 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  WORST MOVIE OF 2009 NOMINATIONS THREAD « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: WORST MOVIE OF 2009 NOMINATIONS THREAD  (Read 8820 times)
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2009, 02:01:43 PM »

How about "knowing"  that was a huge steaming pile of crap.  TeddyR  I know I said revenge of the fallen but I forgot about this one. Its gotta be in the running.
2 things I hated in Knowing:
a) When the plane crashes, the fire on the wreckage is fake
b) Some humans actually survive. Why can't any apocalypse movie be made where everyone dies?
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2009, 08:12:27 PM »

How about "knowing"  that was a huge steaming pile of crap.  TeddyR  I know I said revenge of the fallen but I forgot about this one. Its gotta be in the running.

I don't see why you can't nominate more than one movie.  Although I have to say, though I didn't think KNOWING was great, I wouldn't call it "a huge steaming pile of crap."

There's a movie that got very low ratings that I'm curious about---ALL ABOUT STEVE, the romantic comedy with Sandra Bullock.  It got about a 6% on Rotten Tomatoes.  One of the reviewers thought it was so bad, he gave it a good rating: he thought it actually worked as an avant-garde satire of romantic comedies!  I wonder if anyone here had the misfortune (or fortune) to see that one?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2009, 08:34:00 PM »

I liked knowing. But anyways i nominate GI Joe and if we can nominate 2 then year one. I expected more from Harold Ramis

3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2009, 09:29:16 PM »

I don't see why you can't nominate more than one movie.  Although I have to say, though I didn't think KNOWING was great, I wouldn't call it "a huge steaming pile of crap."

ok, huge steaming pile of crap may have been a little much.   TeddyR  The movie just frustrated me so much and that ending..  Lookingup

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2009, 09:57:18 PM »

The best bad movie I saw this year was THE COWBOY KILLER, a direct-to-video masterpiece that Ed Wood would have been proud of.  Every bad movie fan should see this film.

The WORST movie I saw all year . . . . hmmm.   Good question.  Probably LAND OF THE LOST.  Will Ferrell deserves to have his genitalia devoured by flaming eels for all eternity for starring in that piece of crap!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2009, 10:49:06 PM »

The best bad movie I saw this year was THE COWBOY KILLER, a direct-to-video masterpiece that Ed Wood would have been proud of.  Every bad movie fan should see this film.

The WORST movie I saw all year . . . . hmmm.   Good question.  Probably LAND OF THE LOST.  Will Ferrell deserves to have his genitalia devoured by flaming eels for all eternity for starring in that piece of crap!

I would consider posting COWBOY KILLER on the BEST MOVIES OF 2009 thread, then.  Wink

And I was expecting someone to nominate LAND OF THE LOST.  I suspected you would do it if no one else did!

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2009, 10:50:00 PM »

I would consider posting COWBOY KILLER on the BEST MOVIES OF 2009 thread, then.  Wink

And I was expecting someone to nominate LAND OF THE LOST.  I suspected you would do it if no one else did! (It was the second worst movie I saw in a theater this year).

jewishcentury
New Visitor

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2009, 05:40:31 PM »

Two movies made me physically upset this year:

Adventureland - I hate comedies like this.

Whatever Works - I hate comedies like this too.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2009, 07:11:10 PM »

Moon

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2009, 07:41:26 PM »

I have to say Fighting.  I was with friends, and I walked out.  IMDb page
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2009, 02:53:39 PM »

I have not seen a single movie from 2009.

On a similar note, I have not seen a movie in theaters since Cars (2006), unless films at the local Science Center count. I might have seen one or two of those.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Cthulhu

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2009, 05:29:01 PM »

Hmm...maybe The surrogates.
It wasn't horrible, but it was so mediocre, run of the mill, "safe", gray, ordinary, predictable, and other mean words, that it is just bad.
I'm not sure if that counts though.
Torgo

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2009, 07:25:24 PM »

Terminator: Salvation.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2009, 09:25:56 PM »

Hmm...maybe The surrogates.
It wasn't horrible, but it was so mediocre, run of the mill, "safe", gray, ordinary, predictable, and other mean words, that it is just bad.
I'm not sure if that counts though.

Of course that counts!  Those are the absolute worst movies!

D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2009, 10:13:43 PM »

I was going to say Terminator Salvation, but Anton Yelchin did a great job as young Kyle Reese. He was  the only good thing in that steaming turd.

My vote goes to Revenge of The Fallen.  This movie wasn't just bad, it was offensive, and offensive is not a word I use lightly.  I'm not as sensitive, or PC as some people I know, but I certainly know when a filmmaker has crossed the line.  Those who've seen this movie know exactly what I'm talking about. 

I'm really starting to doubt if Michael Bay has ever really talked to a black man in his life.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  WORST MOVIE OF 2009 NOMINATIONS THREAD « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.