Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:02:14 PM
714363 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Movies Of All Time Nomination « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Worst Movies Of All Time Nomination  (Read 13850 times)
Cthulhu
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2009, 02:08:21 PM »

Off the top of my head in no particular order:

Star Wars ( 4, 5, 6)
Million Dollar Baby

Mainstream films that everybody thought were so great but really sucked.
What? Worst movies of all time?
Have you ever seen Eegah?
Or Oasis of the zombies?
The old Star wars trilogy are classics!
What is so bad about it?

When I think of "worst movies" I really don't consider low/no budget cheezefests because they're already at a loss. I consider atrocities created with decent budgets, real actors, directors and crews that supposedly know what they're doing.

So, Return of the Jedi is indeed a worse film than Eegah because The creators of Eegah did the best they could with what they had whereas Lucas and co. had everything they could want and still churned out a lump of crap.
I have to disagree.
First of all, Eegah was made mainly because Arch Hall Sr. wanted to help his son get into the music business. Whereas Lucas had a vision that he wanted to see on film.
He succeded in creating a whole universe, with imaginative creatures, the force, and all the other stuff.
But what I really want to know, is why do you think that Star wars is the worst movie ever made?
Or the Million dollar baby?
The acting?
The script?
What?
BakuryuuTyranno
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2009, 03:17:56 PM »

Reign of Fire
Transformers (Michael Bay)
Ghost Rig
Penetration Angst
Never Play with the Dead
Blood Predator
Bone Sickness
Death Proof
The Relic
Silent Bloodnight
Dragon Hunter
The Uninvited (2009)
Three Faces of Terror
Zombies Anonymous
Passed the Door of Darkness
BakuryuuTyranno
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2009, 03:22:38 PM »

Wait a minuet, are we doing "so-bad-they're-good", or so "bad-they're-Hell"?

The latter is technically worse, so that's what I went with.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2009, 07:49:58 PM »

sorry its been a while, i was watching crap
swamp diamond
pocket ninjas
super babies 2 O(don't watch it)
girls in gold boots
die hard Dracula
L'uomo puma aka the puma man
Mitchell
epic movie
and so on the list goes

yeah no.
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2009, 03:32:39 AM »

sorry its been a while, i was watching crap
swamp diamond
pocket ninjas
super babies 2 O(don't watch it)
girls in gold boots
die hard Dracula
L'uomo puma aka the puma man
Mitchell
epic movie
and so on the list goes

Epic Movie is so-bad-it's-good. How can you not like the dumb jokes in it??
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2009, 12:21:10 AM »

Hmm the movie that would most likely be the worst would be one so boring, so repetitive, so dull, so overlong, most would likely forget they ever saw it if they even got part of the way through it. There's certainly got to be boring 3-hour epics out there that fit this description (pretty sure they did one on WAR OF THE WORLDS in fact). Certainly names like Jerry Warren, Andy Milligan and Larry Buchanan deserve mention here too.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Time_Signature
Welcome to the zone...
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2009, 06:38:57 AM »

The Worst movie ever has got to be Troy. And not even in a so-bad-it's-good or so-bad-it's-charming way, but in a so-bad-it's-not-even-worth-watching way.

Action fighter: "I wouldn't turn your back on me if I was you".
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2009, 10:28:37 AM »

The Worst movie ever has got to be Troy. And not even in a so-bad-it's-good or so-bad-it's-charming way, but in a so-bad-it's-not-even-worth-watching way.
seriously, that bad  Buggedout

yeah no.
Time_Signature
Welcome to the zone...
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2009, 11:05:27 AM »

seriously, that bad  Buggedout

Yeah, I can honestly say that it's the worst movie I've ever seen in my entire life. It's worse than D-Wars and Dungeons and Dragons (and they're pretty bad in the bad way, too).

Action fighter: "I wouldn't turn your back on me if I was you".
skuts
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2009, 07:46:10 PM »

Star Wars ( 4, 5, 6)
Million Dollar Baby

Or Oasis of the zombies?
What is so bad about it?

When I think of "worst movies" I really don't consider low/no budget cheezefests because they're already at a loss. I consider atrocities created with decent budgets, real actors, directors and crews that supposedly know what they're doing.

So, Return of the Jedi is indeed a worse film than Eegah because The creators of Eegah did the best they could with what they had whereas Lucas and co. had everything they could want and still churned out a lump of crap.
I have to disagree.
First of all, Eegah was made mainly because Arch Hall Sr. wanted to help his son get into the music business. Whereas Lucas had a vision that he wanted to see on film.
He succeded in creating a whole universe, with imaginative creatures, the force, and all the other stuff.
But what I really want to know, is why do you think that Star wars is the worst movie ever made?
The acting?
The script?
What?

Arch Hall Sr and Lucas both had a vision. So Hall made Eegah and Lucas made star Wars. Both movies are fun.

Star Wars 1 & 2 (New Hope and Empire) were great. Empire is in my favorite stack. But everything after that was crap  to milk the cash cow.

If you're going to make a movie about a girl boxer, don't turn it into a sermon on how if you think someone's life sucks, you should kill them.

Sorry, didn't like 'em. Didn't like Avatar either.

Babies taste best.
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2009, 08:13:22 PM »

THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
REDNECK ZOMBIES
MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE

ZOMBIE STRIPPERS was pretty painfully bad, but not quite "Worst of all time" bad. 

Personally, I really hate the phrase "Worst movie of all time" because I feel like it's so damned overused.  I've heard so many people describe any movie they dislike as "the worst movie ever." 

Cthulhu

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2009, 04:51:49 AM »

Star Wars ( 4, 5, 6)
Million Dollar Baby

Or Oasis of the zombies?
What is so bad about it?

I have to disagree.
The acting?
The script?
What?

Arch Hall Sr and Lucas both had a vision. So Hall made Eegah and Lucas made star Wars. Both movies are fun.

Star Wars 1 & 2 (New Hope and Empire) were great. Empire is in my favorite stack. But everything after that was crap  to milk the cash cow.

If you're going to make a movie about a girl boxer, don't turn it into a sermon on how if you think someone's life sucks, you should kill them.

Sorry, didn't like 'em. Didn't like Avatar either.

Okay. If you don't like them, that's fine. I just don't think that they are the WORST movies ever made.
And yeah, the "new" trilogy shouldn't exist. It's horrible.

As for Avatar, I don't know, I haven't seen it.
skuts
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2009, 11:31:12 AM »

There are those movies (the majority) that suffer from bad acting, poor direction, horrible music and dialog that were made by totally incompetent people and even those that should know better.

But the the worse movies (IMHO) are those pretentious pieces of s**t that get made with giant budgets, big name directors and/or stars and pushed on audiences as the latest and greatest when all they are are pointless pieces of crap or public masturbation. Avatar falls right into that category.

Babies taste best.
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2009, 02:37:38 PM »

Personally, I really hate the phrase "Worst movie of all time" because I feel like it's so damned overused.  I've heard so many people describe any movie they dislike as "the worst movie ever." 

I agree Saucerman. 

On a similar note, It seems to me that no one movie will ever be the worst.
Also, I feel that the worst movies are those that are just plain boring.

This is because a movie should do one or more of the following:

1. entertain

2. provoke/stimulate thought

3. educate

4. provoke/stimulate emotion

If anybody thinks of something else, please let me know!

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2009, 02:41:00 PM »

But the the worse movies (IMHO) are those pretentious pieces of s**t that get made with giant budgets, big name directors and/or stars and pushed on audiences as the latest and greatest when all they are are pointless pieces of crap or public masturbation. Avatar falls right into that category.

Totally agree, especially due to the reliance on CGI also.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Movies Of All Time Nomination « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.