Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:52:09 AM
712923 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Grand Theft Auto Series: Your Favorite? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto Series: Your Favorite?  (Read 4885 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: December 18, 2009, 11:37:29 PM »

There are tons of these games available!  There's probably over 20 games in this series and I'm getting pretty interested about it.  I picked of GTA: Vice City for 4 bucks and its alright (Only did one mission so far, got to keep going at it).  In such a big franchise,  I am curious about hearing your opinions.  What's your thoughts on the franchise and what is your favorite game from the series?

I've only played Vice City like I mentioned and I can't say much about it until I play other games in the series to see how it matches up. 

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 01:11:30 AM »

Mines probably Vice City or San Andreas. I like how their both pretty humourus for a video game. San Andreas is definetly bigger though. I probably clocked over 40 hours just getting the story missions done.
Cthulhu

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 03:02:02 AM »

Well, I liked the music in Vice city better, but San Andreas is bigger...
Maybe Vice city.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 07:04:28 AM »

Vice City by miles! It was the perfect game for me, being that it was set in 80s Florida. It drew influences from Miami Vice, Goodfellas and Scarface, had very creative missions, cool graphics, excellent music and it just had a phenomenal atmosphere. I must have played that one every day for about 6 months at one point, I was practically living in it, it was another world.  Thumbup

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 06:06:08 PM »

I love the setting for Vice City personally.  Tommy and Lance are like the perfect antihero versions of Crocket and Tubbs.  The radio station selection is beyond awesome and the missions are a blast. 

HOWEVER...San Andreas stole my heart.  This was a game I had no intention of buying but got it for Xmas a few years back.  I don't dig the setting too much or the missions but I love the range of weaponry, vehicles and maps.  Plus the stuff you can do on the side in between missions rule.  I do have to add that I like the early 90s soundtrack as well. 

As for favorite radio station in the whole series, Chatterbox by far.  I can listen to it right now and crack up. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 07:09:29 PM »

vice city for story plot
4 for graphics

yeah no.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 08:51:01 PM »

San Andreas.  I liked Vice City, cause it's the one that got me into it.  But San Andreas blew me away.  I clocked a bunch of hours, and I"m still playing it. 

Mainly, cause I've only done half the missions.  I just do a lot of non-mission playing, robbing people, listeining to the radio and it's awesome soundtrack...

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 05:56:34 AM »

Definitely San Andreas. Since I like the non-linear gameplay the most, I never care about finishing missions, just doing whatever comes to mind. Plus I can gamble, dress up, get tattoos and visit sex shops, which you cannot do in Vice City. I also like the cheats, since I can type in a cheat that makes me immortal, instead of typing the full health cheat in Vice City every time I need it.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 08:26:03 AM »

I feel if they did Vice City on a "next gen" format while keeping the perks of San Andreas I'd have a new favorite.  Just think of how f'n awesome it would be to clothes shop in an 80s store. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Time_Signature
Welcome to the zone...
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 03:26:31 PM »

I like the old non-3D ones the best. They're just funnier and more entertaining.

Action fighter: "I wouldn't turn your back on me if I was you".
Jim H

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 03:56:40 AM »

Vice City is by far my favorite of the series.  Best setting, best music, best storyline stuff. 

I have GTA IV, and I was disappointed by it.  Don't like the setting as much, don't like the overly dark tone (there is still humor, including the usual weird stuff, but it feels out of place), the music is mediocre, and I really don't like the changeover in vehicle handling.  I want arcadey controls in a GTA game, not semi-realistic stuff.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Grand Theft Auto Series: Your Favorite? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.