Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:52:55 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Annual "Whadya' Get" Thread « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: The Annual "Whadya' Get" Thread  (Read 9830 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2009, 10:54:59 AM »

A good pair of gloves, some gift certificates, a warm winter shirt, and, from my wife, a trip to Chicago for B-Fest 2010 in January!  I haven't been to a B-Fest since 2002!  24 hours watching bad movies in a auditorium filled with b-movie fanatics; I'm in Heaven.

Besides that, Katie and I got to see the kids open all their gifts.  Santa brought each of them a sleeping bag (adult sized, and with a solid color outside and flannel interior) for movie nights on the living room floor.  They watch a movie, have popcorn, and are allowed to sleep there if they want.  Each of them also got a movie, like "Up" and "Little Nemo:  Adventures in Slumberland."  There was also a Lego house, Lincoln Logs, Battleship, Connect4, Junior Scrabble, and a robot that shoots foam discs.  It can toss those things pretty far.  The cat and us parents have to pay attention.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2009, 12:28:55 PM »

Got some flannel PJ pants,  Watchmen the Ultimate Edition,  The Prisoner Complete Series,  my traditional Hallmark Star Trek Ornament (this year it's the Klingon Battlecruiser, I have them all starting with 1992), and my wife's other traditional present to me, a giant Hersheys Kiss.   

My wife really punked me, I had a big box under the tree and when I opened it was full of towels and wash clothes.  I asked if I now had my own personal towels and she told me to look further and found an  iPod touch.   

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Cthulhu

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2009, 05:24:15 PM »

A guitar, some Ork for 40k, and some movies.
Namely:
Mother if tears
Revenge of bloody Bill
Borderland
Plan 9 form outer space (dubbed version)
The ape
...and I'll get Frankenstein island too.
3mnkids

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2009, 05:58:44 PM »

wow guys you got some great stuff   Thumbup   lots of really good dvds. I didn't get anything other than the joy of watching my children rip open their presents and say WTH is this?   TongueOut  joking.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2009, 08:31:47 PM »

Clothes (I wont bore you)
MST3K 20th ANNIVERSARY and MST3K XV
Roger Ebert's "I Hated, Hated, HATED This Movie!" (All his lowest rated movies; hopefully there will be some great finds there)
Pauline Kael's "5001 Nights at the Movies"
A new computer monitor
Insignia Blu-ray player that streams Netflix directly to my TV.  I love this thing; I've already watched season 1 of "The Office," so it's like getting multiple DVD sets!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2009, 08:59:52 PM »

Insignia Blu-ray player that streams Netflix directly to my TV.  I love this thing; I've already watched season 1 of "The Office," so it's like getting multiple DVD sets!
my friend Kim has Netflix on his PS3 Thumbup TeddyR

yeah no.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2009, 09:52:06 PM »

my friend Kim has Netflix on his PS3 Thumbup TeddyR

It's cool ain't it?  Thumbup

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2009, 06:12:20 PM »

My wife and I mainly got gifts for Rowan and stuck to the stocking stuffers for each other. Among other things, I got a big stainless steel thermos and several packages of gourmet coffee. No need to close up shop for 15 minutes while I run out and buy a second cup.

The money we would have spent on each other went toward two things: a top-of-the-line pre-lit artificial tree (not tromping through knee-deep snow in the cold and dark while schlepping a tree and a big saw - that was the best gift ever).  The second thing was a Christmas weekend getaway with the in-laws to a rented chalet in a popular ski town about an hour away. Split five ways, it was very affordable. While everybody else went swimming, skiiing, sightseeing, etc., I mainly ate, slept and read. My wife was actually worried I wasn't having fun! I was getting eight or nine hours of sleep a night, napping in the afternoon, enjoying loads of peace and quiet, sipping beer and coffee laced with Irish cream, and getting about half a novel read, then joining everyone for meals and board games before turning in early. I had a blast. Thumbup

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Paquita

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2010, 03:37:55 PM »

A good pair of gloves, some gift certificates, a warm winter shirt, and, from my wife, a trip to Chicago for B-Fest 2010 in January!  I haven't been to a B-Fest since 2002!  24 hours watching bad movies in a auditorium filled with b-movie fanatics; I'm in Heaven.

Is that the one at the college?  There's a different one this weekend but it's only 8 hours and much cheaper.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2010, 06:24:39 PM »

Is that the one at the college?  There's a different one this weekend but it's only 8 hours and much cheaper.

It's going to be bittersweet for Andrew. I just looked at the lineup for this year, and Sextette is on there. Buggedout

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2010, 08:40:13 PM »

Everything has been opened at my house, not expecting anything more, and currently watching A Christmas Story on TV. This year I got:
$20 in cash
$20 gift card to Wal-Mart
Pair of jeans
Tee shirt
Socks and underpants (sort of a Christmas traditional gift in my family that my grandmother started over 40 years ago)
Box of old fashion ribbon candy (I love the stuff)
Mini gumball machine (I sort of collect gumball machines)
A 12 movie box set of bad movies which includes:
Blood of Dracula's Castle
Blood Mania
Brain Twisters
The Devil's Hand
Madman of Mandoras(AKA They
Saved Hitlers' Brain)
Nightmare in Wax
Prime Evil
Satan's Slave
Stanley
Terrified
Terror
Trip with Teacher

TRIP WITH THE TEACHER is classic!I got this set to...but not for XMAS. I got a can of mixed nuts and a winter hat.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Paquita

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2010, 08:50:31 PM »

It's going to be bittersweet for Andrew. I just looked at the lineup for this year, and Sextette is on there. Buggedout

I've been dying to see that movie for years!  Alice Cooper!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Annual "Whadya' Get" Thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.