Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:20:20 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Against the grain « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 53
Author Topic: Against the grain  (Read 258852 times)
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 06:37:39 PM »

Transformers 2.  Everyone on the internet loves to hate this film, and say how crappy it is compared to the first.  I don't really get it, especially not the comparisons to the first.  They have all the same problems, and all the same good things (the second just has more of both ends), so I don't get the love for the first and hate for the second.

I think the second is the superior film, but all I wanted out of it was lots of giant robots fighting each other, so...
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 07:42:08 PM »

Please ... No more breaking news stories about celebrities!  Who the hell really cares anyway?

Hold onto your dreams ....
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2009, 07:57:33 PM »

american idol-  I like some of the really terrible ones but the songs are just corny standards.  I like music for other reasons than the vocalists performance.  I'm not going to listen to a song sung perfectly if I don't like the song

Funny, I hate American Idol for the opposite reason. I like quite a few of the songs they sing on the show, and a few of the contestants do impress me, but I know once they actually start recording, it's always cookie-cutter pop crap. If I actually come to like a contestant after being sucked into watching yet another season, I always get disappointed by the final week, when I hear the steaming turd that has been specially written as the winner's first single. They take kids with personality and artistic aspirations and force them into that packaged pop mold, and they get me interested in new singers only to turn them into hacks I'll never want to listen to again.

I absolutely agree with everything that's been said about new country. It's become totally urbanized, it's all sung by boring pretty boys and glamour girls without a shred of credibility, and it's mainly a lot of drivel designed to push the buttons of stupid people. Manipulative, sentimental BS that seems so beautiful and meaningful to people with no brains or taste, lots of lip service to Jesus, family and other "motherhood" topics, a ton of flag waving, oversold yet unconvincing rowdiness (in between the lip service to Jesus and family values Question) and poking fun at northerners and city people, who we all know are not nearly as sensible, smart or down-to-earth as southern faux rednecks. Rah rah rah. What the hell has happened in the last 20 years? In the early 90s, with rap, dance, grunge and "alternative" music supplanting rock and roll everywhere, country seemed like the last bastion of simple, honest, FUN music for me. Since then, it's developed all the annoyance and phoniness of pop, while being immensely popular because it's a big self-congratulatory jerk-off for its fans.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 12:52:20 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2009, 08:19:40 PM »

Please note: if you disagree with any of my opinions, good for you. It's your right as a human. Please allow me that same right.  TeddyR

I like Barry Manilow, at least his first few albums. Copacabana and after, not so much. I never really cared much for heavy metal. I can't stand the Rolling Stones and think that Led Zeppelin is vastly overrated. Truth be told, I'd rather listen to Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters than almost anything more modern. Oh, and Bob Dylan is a lousy poet. And John Lennon was an idiot and "Imagine" is a horrible song.

If you're a church goer, you likely have "contemporary" worship services, with 7-11 choruses (7 lines, sung 11 times). I hate them almost without exception. They are vapid, empty piles of dung. Not all "real" hymns are great, but they have a much better track record of actual depth and meaning.

I hate Guitar Hero and its clones. I play guitar (poorly, but still), and I've seen too many people who think that GH has something to do with really making music. It's sad and pathetic. It's also a really sorry excuse for a game.

The Terminator series of movies sucked, and I even like Ah-nold. The internal logic of the stories was inconsistent and regularly violated its own rules. Star Wars ep. IV A New Hope was the best of the series. The rest went downhill, with the prequels being the worst offenders. The Empire Strikes Back suffered from poor directing and bad acting.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2009, 09:13:04 PM »

If you're a church goer, you likely have "contemporary" worship services, with 7-11 choruses (7 lines, sung 11 times). I hate them almost without exception. They are vapid, empty piles of dung. Not all "real" hymns are great, but they have a much better track record of actual depth and meaning.

I hate Guitar Hero and its clones. I play guitar (poorly, but still), and I've seen too many people who think that GH has something to do with really making music. It's sad and pathetic. It's also a really sorry excuse for a game.

Cheers  I'm glad I'm not the only one.  For both of those things.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2009, 09:30:06 PM »

The Star Wars Series- Vehemently ADORED by Millions of people, both the original trilogy and the new trilogy, and yet, I can't find one redeeming quality about it, really.  Chewbacca seems cool, but really can't save this pile of sh*t. 

Howard the Duck- A movie that is LOATHED by millions of people, yet I find it quite entertaining, and I mean that in the highest of praise. 

Led Zeppelin- Growing up, all I heard from people was how brilliant these guys were.  How DREADFULLY wrong those people were, indeed.  One good song does not in fact make a great band.

The Eagles- I"m wondering, how in the world can their greatest hits package, featuring some of the WORST songs I've ever heard, be one of the top selling albums in the country?  I mean, people in this country must suffer from having some of the worst taste ever.

U2- I dunno even where to begin with these guys.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2009, 09:36:41 PM »

I hate boxing movies.  All boxing movies.  Never have watched a single one of the ROCKY franchise.  Seeing large beefy men pound one another to jelly holds no interest for me whatsoever.

And, for some odd reason, I actually LIKED Jar-Jar Binks.

And I think Ewoks might be good eating.

And . . . . . . .

FOX NEWS RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2009, 10:21:41 PM »

I hate boxing movies.  All boxing movies.  Never have watched a single one of the ROCKY franchise.  Seeing large beefy men pound one another to jelly holds no interest for me whatsoever.

And, for some odd reason, I actually LIKED Jar-Jar Binks.

And I think Ewoks might be good eating.

And . . . . . . .

FOX NEWS RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TeddyR
I quite liked Jar-Jar, actually.  HATED all 35 hours of Phantom Menace...loved Jar-Jar.  Made me laugh. 

As for the Boxing flicks...do you like Boxing as a sport?  Just curious. 

I liked Rocky...but I'm an Italian who lives in Philly, so I HAVE to like Rocky or my card gets revoked... TeddyR

SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2009, 11:34:08 PM »

I quite liked Jar-Jar, actually.  HATED all 35 hours of Phantom Menace...loved Jar-Jar.  Made me laugh. 

35 hours?  How many times did you watch it?
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2009, 11:49:50 PM »

Just once.  It was just so un-Godly long and drawn out, excessively boring, and uninteresting in almost every possible way, to the point that I wanted to slam my head in the chair in front of me just to break up the monotony of what I was watching.  Good God that was a horrible experience and turned me off to watching ANY other Star Wars related piece of film.  Really felt like it lasted 35 hours.

Except the Holiday Special.  Saw that online.  Fun stuff, that. 

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2009, 12:06:26 AM »

Except the Holiday Special.  Saw that online.  Fun stuff, that. 
Good For You! Thumbup

yeah no.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2009, 11:02:36 AM »

On top of everything else I hate, those new James Bond movies with Daniel Craig deserve special mention.  They're putrid!  Just some gibberish with a moronic plot (not that that really plays any part in the movies), no acting, action scenes edited together so nobody has a clue what's going on.  BAH!!!

And rap, hip hop, all that crap.  Hated it the first time I heard it, still hate it just as much today. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2009, 11:37:50 AM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Josie And The p***ycats live action movie is BRILLIANT

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2009, 12:26:18 PM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Josie And The p***ycats live action movie is BRILLIANT

I'm not sure why, but I totally agree. When it's on, I can't look away from the screen.

Also, brilliant filtering on the forum software's part.  TeddyR

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2009, 12:37:35 PM »

THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION doesn't deserve to be in IMDB's top 250.

THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD doesn't deserve to be in IMDB's bottom 100.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 53
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Against the grain « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.