Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:11:03 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Against the grain « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 53
Author Topic: Against the grain  (Read 258851 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2009, 12:38:52 PM »

Microsoft- seriously, i'm going to be a mac because it took me about 90 minutes to start up our new pc. MICROSOFT SUCKS, BUY A MAC!  Hatred

yeah no.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2009, 12:48:54 PM »

On top of everything else I hate, those new James Bond movies with Daniel Craig deserve special mention.  They're putrid!  Just some gibberish with a moronic plot (not that that really plays any part in the movies), no acting, action scenes edited together so nobody has a clue what's going on.  BAH!!!

And rap, hip hop, all that crap.  Hated it the first time I heard it, still hate it just as much today. 

Yes! I wholeheartedly agree on both counts.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2009, 04:11:55 PM »

this is sort of with the grain but against it:  I hate people who drive and talk on cell phones or rather, people who CAN'T drive and talk on cell phones.  If they are good at it I probably don't notice.

at the same time, I'm not for banning cell phones while driving.  I simply employ very well timed horn blasts.  I think it's a happy medium.  they get to talk on the phone. i get to honk. so it's in keeping in like with my libertarian/ anarchist beliefs I think
SPazzo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My kinda toy...

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2009, 04:50:10 PM »

Microsoft- seriously, i'm going to be a mac because it took me about 90 minutes to start up our new pc. MICROSOFT SUCKS, BUY A MAC!  Hatred

No.  Use Linux!  It's better than both Windows and Mac.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2009, 05:58:02 PM »

No.  Use Linux!  It's better than both Windows and Mac.
Okay, I'll try

yeah no.
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2009, 06:40:52 PM »

People in general - They just confuse and irritate me.

Don't get me wrong, I don't wish harm on the human race or anything like that, but sometimes the nastier part of me wants to take over a TV station and list the faults of everybody I know. Either that or give them a good kick. I am including myself by the way.

I am sure everybody on this board has at sometime heard somebody say something along the lines of "People are born (insert good or evil here)."

These people are mistaken. People are not inherently good or evil. People are inherently crazy.

Teenagers who think old = bad - I just don't get this argument. Question When I say old I mean entertainment that is from before they were born.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2009, 07:58:10 PM »

People in general - They just confuse and irritate me.

Don't get me wrong, I don't wish harm on the human race or anything like that, but sometimes the nastier part of me wants to take over a TV station and list the faults of everybody I know. Either that or give them a good kick. I am including myself by the way.

I am sure everybody on this board has at sometime heard somebody say something along the lines of "People are born (insert good or evil here)."

These people are mistaken. People are not inherently good or evil. People are inherently crazy.

Teenagers who think old = bad - I just don't get this argument. Question When I say old I mean entertainment that is from before they were born.

I agree wholeheartedly with both these statements! Thumbup I like how you included yourself in the public airing of grievances (Festivus!), that is very important! Self-reflection!  Cheers

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2009, 08:33:05 PM »

The American Media (and by extension, the average American male)'s obsession that skinny = beautiful.  I look at all these supermodels with their visible rib cages...I get nothing.  Give me a curvy, little-bit-chubby girl any day. 

No seriously.  Hand them over.  I'm jonesing, here...

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2009, 08:46:59 AM »

The American Media (and by extension, the average American male)'s obsession that skinny = beautiful.  I look at all these supermodels with their visible rib cages...I get nothing.  Give me a curvy, little-bit-chubby girl any day. 

Agreed...very much so. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2010, 05:22:26 PM »

Ok...this goes against the grain of many.  I've realized today I actually like Milli Vanilli

Ok, not those lipsynching tools rather the actual music.  Its catchy and I end up singing it after hearing it.  Its too bad people equate it with the scandal which is still one of the best ever. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2010, 10:58:36 PM »

I agree with that sentiment. 

There is something quite disturbing when people call these skeletons with size 0 jeans beautiful.  See them up close and they have yellow skin, it's just unhealthy to eat three carrots a day and be, you know, anything but nourished. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2010, 12:15:35 AM »

When people type things in a text form.  Hatred

yeah no.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2010, 12:20:56 AM »

Yeah, I'm with you. 

Even when I text, I never shorten stuff.  I hate it with a passion.  Which is hilarious cause I barely even use my phone to call people.  All I do is text, but I never shorten anything. 

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2010, 12:44:11 AM »

Yeah, I'm with you. 

Even when I text, I never shorten stuff.  I hate it with a passion.  Which is hilarious cause I barely even use my phone to call people.  All I do is text, but I never shorten anything. 

Heck, I almost always leave my cell phone at home when I go out.
This drives most of my younger friends nuts and they always say, "I tried calling you but you didn't answer your phone!  Why would you leave it at home?"

For most of my life, we didn't have cell phones.  Well, actually we did, but in the early 90's only the rich had them.  All throughout my teen years and most of my 20's, I never had one.
So it's only natural that when I go out, the last thing on my mind is being obsessively connected to my friends.
The only time I take my phone with me is if I'm going to be gone all day or if I'm going out of town.

So yeah, I guess I go "against the grain" when it comes to cell phones.   Wink

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2010, 12:57:12 AM »

I guess you'd say I'm against the grain in that I don't date, believe in marriage or go to church.  I believe in my Lord, yes, but don't feel I need to go to Church in order to prove I believe.  I've NEVER believed in marriage.  As for the dating thing, well that's not really a choice.  I've been rejected so many times I've stopped trying.  But I remember being in high school and going on full rants about marriage being a sham.

Yeah, I'm with you. 

Heck, I almost always leave my cell phone at home when I go out.
This drives most of my younger friends nuts and they always say, "I tried calling you but you didn't answer your phone!  Why would you leave it at home?"

For most of my life, we didn't have cell phones.  Well, actually we did, but in the early 90's only the rich had them.  All throughout my teen years and most of my 20's, I never had one.
So it's only natural that when I go out, the last thing on my mind is being obsessively connected to my friends.
The only time I take my phone with me is if I'm going to be gone all day or if I'm going out of town.

So yeah, I guess I go "against the grain" when it comes to cell phones.   Wink

I understand that to an extent.  Me personally, I grew up in the '90s so I'm used to cell phones being around.  Granted, for the first bit of the '90s, it was the Zack Morris "Saved by the Bell" type of phone, big and clunky.  But by the time I hit 13 in '97, they were the smaller versions we have now.  I almost always text.  Just easier than having to go through the formalities of "Hey, how you doing? How's the family, etc?' and just asking a simple question. 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 53
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Against the grain « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.