Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:37:14 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Against the grain « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 53
Author Topic: Against the grain  (Read 260435 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #330 on: February 08, 2010, 09:47:25 AM »

The Superbowl. It's just another borring televised spoting event to me. .....But I LOVE all the free food and parties that come with it, so i guess its ok.

I agree. f**k the Superbowl. Boring. Give 'em guns.
Good idea!
I've been thinking about how to spice up sports, and came up with some cruel ideas myself.

I say do away with all of the drug testing and other restrictions, and let's just see what you can really make a human body do.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #331 on: February 08, 2010, 12:20:47 PM »

I think athletes, musical artists and actors should be the least paid in our society. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #332 on: February 08, 2010, 04:11:32 PM »

I think athletes, musical artists and actors should be the least paid in our society. 

Least paid?  I can think of jobs that should be paid less.  How about people who buy and sell currency?
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #333 on: February 08, 2010, 05:23:38 PM »

Least paid?  I can think of jobs that should be paid less.  How about people who buy and sell currency?
Perhaps them too.  I really feel my nominees do not deserve the ridiculous sums of money they get.

DarkSider's Realm

Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #334 on: February 08, 2010, 05:39:00 PM »

Perhaps them too.  I really feel my nominees do not deserve the ridiculous sums of money they get.

I agree for the most part.  Maybe not least paid, but definitely shouldn't be rolling in the dough while other members that are necessary to society are being paid next to crap.  That's part of the reason I haven't used my teaching degree and my fiancee hasn't used her social work degree. 
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #335 on: February 08, 2010, 10:29:04 PM »

But for the most part they are the least paid.  I know some actors and they don't make enough to support themselves.  Heck, ask Peter Johnson! 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #336 on: February 08, 2010, 10:50:32 PM »

When he's ready, give 'im some Mustard Plug, The Toasters, The Specials, Save Ferris, and if he can stand a little "pop-ska", Less Than Jake. And if you wanna get OLD SKOOL, give 'im some Laruel Atkin and Prince Buster.

I quite like Save Ferris, Less Than Jake and The Toasters.

I gotta admit though, I've never heard of Prince Buster... Question

Then again, I'm not a big ska expert.  I only know a few bands.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #337 on: February 08, 2010, 11:11:48 PM »

Political ads on TV! P!sses me off!

yeah no.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #338 on: February 08, 2010, 11:43:29 PM »

I think it's "Against the Grain' here on this board, but:
I quite LIKE The Doors.  I'm not saying their lyrics are 'thought provoking' or anything, but I think for what they were, they were damn good songs.  And generally, I shy away from most "Classic Rock", even not liking Led Zeppelin.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #339 on: February 09, 2010, 08:12:04 AM »

I don't feel a concert ticket should ever be above $20.00.  Same thing for a sporting event. 

DarkSider's Realm

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #340 on: February 09, 2010, 08:48:31 AM »

I think that FIFA should give away free tickets to the Soccer World Cup and not contract poor, underpaid Chinese slave labor to build these horrible mascot toys.

Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #341 on: February 09, 2010, 09:49:20 AM »

I think that FIFA should give away free tickets to the Soccer World Cup and not contract poor, underpaid Chinese slave labor to build these horrible mascot toys.

Buggedout Buggedout

What animal is that? Looks like somebody crossed a cheetah with a lion.

Personally, I will never understand mascots. Some of them you really have to think hard to figure out what they're supposed to be, let alone what they have to do with anything. And that's the mascots that are developed for the long term. I agree, when somebody hosts a one-time event and comes out with a "beloved" character that starts popping up all over the place, that's not a mascot, it's a logo, albeit one designed to sell a lot of crappy merchandise.

I suppose that's against the grain. I can't stand costumed characters in amusement parks or wherever. They give me the creeps.

It's not just the costumes and the masks, although that's part of it. I really don't like interacting in the real world with somebody who is pretending to be somebody else. At renaissance fairs, I get p!ssed off at people who can't drop out of character for one minute to have a normal conversation, even when nobody else is around. That was especially true when I was a reporter and trying to do my job. Sorry, I can't attribute a quote to Robin Hood.

My one and only dinner theatre experience came disturbingly close to turning violent at one point, because people who do this kind of stuff don't understand that not everybody wants to be part of the show. If somebody just wants to watch, don't try to force him to play along.

And with apologies to Circus, I hate clowns. I once had to interview a local party clown who returned from a convention with a big award. She showed up in costume, stayed in character the whole time, and I was shut in a small office with her for a good twenty minutes. Very unsettling, and a testament to my professionalism. Really, I've attended fatal motor vehicle collisions that didn't bother me as much as being alone with that clown. The costume was good for pictures, but I'd have been satisfied if she'd just brought a picture with her.

I like fiction, and I like reality. I don't like mixing the two. Actors belong on a stage or a screen.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #342 on: February 09, 2010, 11:55:46 AM »

I think it's "Against the Grain' here on this board, but:
I quite LIKE The Doors.  I'm not saying their lyrics are 'thought provoking' or anything, but I think for what they were, they were damn good songs.  And generally, I shy away from most "Classic Rock", even not liking Led Zeppelin.

I kind of like the Doors too, though they're mostly in the "guilty pleasure" category for me.  Never quite understood the depth of hate so many people have for them.  There are several songs off the first album I'd defend unconditionally.  After that, it gets a little dicey for them.   

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #343 on: February 09, 2010, 12:03:23 PM »

And with apologies to Circus, I hate clowns. I once had to interview a local party clown who returned from a convention with a big award. She showed up in costume, stayed in character the whole time, and I was shut in a small office with her for a good twenty minutes. Very unsettling, and a testament to my professionalism. Really, I've attended fatal motor vehicle collisions that didn't bother me as much as being alone with that clown. The costume was good for pictures, but I'd have been satisfied if she'd just brought a picture with her.
Dude this story is hilarious.   BounceGiggle  I just kind of picture you trying to interview her and giving a sympathy chuckle here and there. I like evil looking clowns personally but I am put off by the innocent looking ones oddly. 

DarkSider's Realm

spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #344 on: February 09, 2010, 01:28:48 PM »

Family Guy- It hasn't been funny for years, you are not The Simpsons, give it up and focus on American Dad (which is hilarious)
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 53
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Against the grain « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.