Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:49:54 AM
713393 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Against the grain « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 53
Author Topic: Against the grain  (Read 260510 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #360 on: February 10, 2010, 01:31:34 PM »

This is my club's mascot, Moonchester.  Bluesad

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #361 on: February 10, 2010, 02:50:49 PM »

He seems to be holding a giant banana wrapped in a large pair of underpants. Is that supposed to be sexual? TeddyR

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #362 on: February 10, 2010, 02:56:53 PM »

He seems to be holding a giant banana wrapped in a large pair of underpants. Is that supposed to be sexual? TeddyR

It is a banana, but wrapped in a that season's shirt. Our fans have those banana's because between 1986-1988 we had a player called Imre Varadi. The fans used to chant his name, with it eventually morphing into Imre "Banana". I don't know why, but it stuck and 22 years later we still have those damn bananas.... TeddyR

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #363 on: February 10, 2010, 03:57:22 PM »

Speaking of mascots, the Olympic ones really sucked.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_mascots

I love the mascots for the Winter Olympics in Turin. There's something so distinctly Italian about a snowball and an ice cube. No? Well, it certainly reflects the spirit of athletic excellence. Not that either? Maybe the spirit of the games themselves, ice and snow, square and round, living and playing together in harmony. Yeah, that's the ticket. Lookingup

I mean, how lame is that? It's like somebody just pulled the idea out of their ass at the last minute.

"Hey Giuseppe, boss says you're fired if we don't have a mascot by the end of the day."

"Mama mia! OK Luigi! Mascot's almost done! Let's see....winter....ice and snow.... how do I make characters out of that..... Ah, screw it. Give 'em a snowball and an ice cube for heads, scribble a quick body and stick dopey grins on 'em. Magnifico!"

---------------------
SPazzo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My kinda toy...

« Reply #364 on: February 10, 2010, 05:05:26 PM »

While we're on the topic of the Olympics, I have to say, I really don't like the Olympics.

(*Gets ready to be flamed*)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #365 on: February 10, 2010, 05:12:27 PM »

While we're on the topic of the Olympics, I have to say, I really don't like the Olympics.

I hate the Olympics.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #366 on: February 10, 2010, 05:13:06 PM »

Nah, don't worry dude I'm with you on that.  If anyone has to cherish their 15 minutes of fame its the athletes in most of the events.  The big thing for me lately is I'm really against stupid sh*t becomming considered sports.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #367 on: February 10, 2010, 06:01:37 PM »

Nah, don't worry dude I'm with you on that.  If anyone has to cherish their 15 minutes of fame its the athletes in most of the events.  The big thing for me lately is I'm really against stupid sh*t becomming considered sports.

Are you suggesting Beach Volleyball isn't a sport in its own right? And I suppose you don't believe frisbee golf should be recognized either. TeddyR

Yeah, I think a few of the recent additions to the recognized Olympic sports have somewhat cheapened the games. Personally, I think the Olympics should stick with the traditional Olympic sports, and not throw in every leisure activity somebody feels compelled to formalize. And I don't think professionals should be allowed to compete.

But, in truth, the games don't mean a whole lot to me. The winter games are in Canada this year, and everybody's very excited about it, but I doubt I'll go out of my way to watch it, except maybe to show my daughter some of the stuff they do. She's kind of excited about it. Really, of all the sporting events, I don't mind the Olympics that much. I'm not bombarded with it for six months out of every year, and the athletes are for the most part young amateurs who worked hard to be there and play for the love of their sport. Very few get any lasting fame or fortune out of it. It's probably one of the few times millions of people watch athletes who have real jobs outside the sport they play. I learned that lesson in Grade 7, when we had a real Olympian from the 76 Games visit our class. He was a dentist who also wrestled. I always keep that in mind, that these kids aren't pros. Of course, I still don't find the games interesting to watch.

---------------------
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #368 on: February 10, 2010, 06:03:57 PM »

Are you suggesting Beach Volleyball isn't a sport in its own right? And I suppose you don't believe frisbee golf should be recognized either.

Actually I'll be on the thumb wrestling team this year.  TeddyR

DarkSider's Realm

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #369 on: February 10, 2010, 08:26:29 PM »

I hate the Olympics.

Agreed.  I think liking the Olympics is against the grain.  I admire the athletes and I'm happy they get to compete, and the nations of the world holding hands and singing "Kumbaya" is sweet, but I'd rather get a tooth pulled than watch a half-hour of the Olympics. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #370 on: February 10, 2010, 09:21:32 PM »

no for something completely different: Those E Trade commercials with the talking babies, makes me uncomfortable (shudders from the thought of it)  Bluesad

yeah no.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #371 on: February 10, 2010, 11:00:35 PM »

But I will say this, us Philadelphians are not big, green, fat things with big noses... 

Dunno about that.  I used to see quite a few people meeting that description wandering around South Street on weekends in the 1980s...
Maybe SOuth Street's changed in the past 25 years or so... Wink

Well, not too much.  We are big and fat...not so much green.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #372 on: February 11, 2010, 01:39:19 AM »

No, not sexual, just plagiarism.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #373 on: February 11, 2010, 10:07:04 AM »

I hate the Olympics.

I know a couple people who have problems with the Olympics.  I don't have any real problem with them except the sports I want to watch are aired usually at 3.am Wednsday on ESPN 7.5.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #374 on: February 11, 2010, 12:06:45 PM »

One thing I hate the most about the Olympics is Bob Costas.  He blathers on forever spouting out random facts (sadly most about death and destruction) about people's home countries. I swear he's one of those guys that worships that sound of his own voice.

DarkSider's Realm

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 53
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Against the grain « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.