Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:47:33 PM
714237 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Against the grain « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 53
Author Topic: Against the grain  (Read 262904 times)
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #435 on: February 23, 2010, 01:35:08 PM »

I hate lobster. Hate it!   I dont understand why so many people like it. And to see the poor things in the tanks is just so depressing   TeddyR

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #436 on: February 23, 2010, 02:45:31 PM »

Cruise ships- over priced, poorly maintained, food is pre cooked, lots o diseases spread!  Hatred

yeah no.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #437 on: February 26, 2010, 12:22:10 PM »

I often laugh when I see people walking around on Ash Wednesday with ashes on their forehead.  I'm sorry to people who do this and I understand the symbolism but it looks goofy. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Paquita

« Reply #438 on: February 27, 2010, 10:57:53 AM »

Am I the only one that actually likes McDonalds?  I used to kind of pretend I didn't like them because I got tired of all the health lectures.. but I f'n love McDonalds!  McDonalds breakfast is sooooooooo good!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #439 on: February 27, 2010, 11:01:01 AM »

I like McDonald's.  Their burgers are good, and if you're lucky enough to get some fries that were made in the last hour, they're great!  I could also live on sausage McMuffins with egg.  I make my own version at home, which are hopefully a little better for me  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #440 on: February 27, 2010, 06:07:14 PM »

I hate Gt 4. not illegal street racing?  Bluesad

yeah no.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #441 on: February 27, 2010, 09:14:08 PM »

Yep, McDonalds is good. All the fast food chains have their strengths. McDonalds fries are great when they're fresh, I love Big Macs, and the Sausage McGriddle with Cheese is something I look forward to anytime I have to get up at the crack of stupid and drive somewhere. I usually hit a McDonalds about the time hunger sets in.

Now, for quality fast food, I like Wendy's double with cheese. They're fresh, they're juicy and the meat is really the star of the show. I know a good burger when the flavour of the meat is what I notice most. Can't say that about many of them. Usually, you get a lot of garnish and seasoning on a dry, bland patty.

That reminds me. I often enjoy plain foods, or at least those dressed up just enough to enhance the flavour. If I go to a Tim Hortons, I'll often get the plain donut. It's usually fresh, lightly sweet and not covered in sticky icing, sprinkles or whatever else. Can't stant sprinkles, or coarse sugar on top of baking. It's like biting into food that has grit in it. Don't like the sensation.

On the one hand, I love foods with strong and complex flavours, but on the other hand, sometimes less is more. I'm the same way with hot dogs. A little bit of mustard and relish tastes better to me than a whole load of toppings. And although I like the works on a pizza, simple pepperoni and cheese tastes fantastic sometimes. And where did anyone get the idea that vanilla ice cream is plain? Vanilla's an awesome flavour, when it's done right.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #442 on: February 28, 2010, 01:19:36 AM »

Wendy's BACONATOR  is arguably the most perfect food on the planet.

Also, the Texas ice cream store franchise BRAUM'S has a double third pounder that is to die for!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #443 on: February 28, 2010, 07:47:43 AM »

And although I like the works on a pizza, simple pepperoni and cheese tastes fantastic sometimes.

There was a restaurant called Pizza and Pasta - I used to get a plain cheese pizza there.  It was fantastic.  Just the simple flavor of good mozzarella, good tomato sauce, and that's about it.

- Paulo Coelho
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #444 on: February 28, 2010, 08:01:06 AM »

And although I like the works on a pizza, simple pepperoni and cheese tastes fantastic sometimes.

There was a restaurant called Pizza and Pasta - I used to get a plain cheese pizza there.  It was fantastic.  Just the simple flavor of good mozzarella, good tomato sauce, and that's about it.

Cheese pizza is great. Cheese and sauce is all you need if it's good pizza, but a lot of people would say it has nothing on it at all.

---------------------
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #445 on: February 28, 2010, 08:47:13 AM »

Since we're on the topic of food; aside from their bagels, Dunkin Donuts offers little I take interest in.  I find their coffee is greatly inconsistent, their donuts are filled with air & find their breakfast sandwiches subpar.  I've been in heated arguments with people who claim their donuts are better than Krispy Kreme. I simply don't get the standpoint.

DarkSider's Realm

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #446 on: February 28, 2010, 11:57:20 PM »

Since we're on the topic of food; aside from their bagels, Dunkin Donuts offers little I take interest in.  I find their coffee is greatly inconsistent, their donuts are filled with air & find their breakfast sandwiches subpar.  I've been in heated arguments with people who claim their donuts are better than Krispy Kreme. I simply don't get the standpoint.

Don't know that I've ever tried Dunkin Donuts. The only American donut chain to even try and go up against Tims was Krispy Kreme, and I never understood what the fuss was about that. When the first one opened, it was on the TV news, people were camped out to be first in the door, and others would drive for an hour or more to pick up a few dozen so they could treat the office or whatever. There was a brief period when community groups were hauling Krispy Kremes into town for fundraisers. They were good donuts, but not worth all that, and I can't say they had anything good beyond their basic glazed donut. But people who had never heard of Krispy Kreme bought into the hype, and it was a novelty for a while. Then it quietly vanished from the Canadian landscape. The emperor had no clothes.

As for Tim Hortons, the coffee and donuts are good, and it's usually convenient to go there while driving, and the service is fast. But again, nothing exceptional. What Tim Hortons has really mastered are the arts of corporate branding and building customer loyalty. This is why a donut chain that has been around since the mid-60s suddenly exploded in the last 20 years or so. They got better at selling themselves.

---------------------
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #447 on: March 01, 2010, 08:28:42 AM »

Same thing happened with Krispy Kreme here.  There's some local donut place that everybody's been going to for 50 years.  Krispy Kreme came to town and after a week or so, the novelty wore off and I never heard of them again. 

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #448 on: March 01, 2010, 12:41:53 PM »

See I personally love Krispy Kreme but...as Andy C and Jack mentioned...they were out of business here within a year.  WTF!!???

DarkSider's Realm

BTM

« Reply #449 on: March 03, 2010, 02:09:30 AM »

See I personally love Krispy Kreme but...as Andy C and Jack mentioned...they were out of business here within a year.  WTF!!???

Was this during the whole "low carb" dieting fad?  I'm told that really hurt the Krispy Kreme business (among others.)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 53
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Against the grain « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.