Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:12:13 AM
713391 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Against the grain « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 53
Author Topic: Against the grain  (Read 260507 times)
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #450 on: March 03, 2010, 08:30:19 AM »

Still on a food roll here, no pun intended.  Sorry,  Lookingup couldn't help myself.

Anyway, I prefer Burger King to McDonalds, mainly because at McD they always screw up my order. But I think their $1.00 ice cream sundaes are great! Ask for hot fudge to go with it!

On the other hand, BK has an inexpensive great Hershey pie slice for dessert!

Damn, I love sweets! TeddyR

Hold onto your dreams ....
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #451 on: March 03, 2010, 08:44:46 AM »

See I personally love Krispy Kreme but...as Andy C and Jack mentioned...they were out of business here within a year.  WTF!!???

Was this during the whole "low carb" dieting fad?  I'm told that really hurt the Krispy Kreme business (among others.)

Don't know if that's the cause, but I can see where being strictly a donut shop might hurt business. People cutting out carbs will certainly hurt, and just the fact that people don't always want donuts. Hard to be competitive when you aren't competing with the vast majority of restaurants.

I know during the same time Tim Hortons has expanded, they've diversified their menu. Coffee and donuts are still tops, but soups, fresh sandwiches, salads and other offerings have made it an option for lunch. And they've recently been getting into breakfast sandwiches. They're not even trying to compete with donut shops anymore. Tims is going after a piece of McDonalds' market, and succeeding. I know if I'm out on the road in the morning, I'll plan to swing by a Tim Hortons if there's one on the way. A lot of Canadians typically start their workday in the Tim Hortons drive-thru. But if I need breakfast, I might go to McDonalds for a McMuffin or a McGriddle instead. Tims adds sausage and egg on and English muffin, and suddenly there's less reason to deviate from the routine.

McDonalds has responded by pushing gourmet coffee, but I don't think that has the same advantage. People who drink Tim's coffee love it so much they sell their own brand of ground coffee and coffee MAKERS, for people to make their own. And the people who are really serious about their coffee are going to Starbucks or independent coffee shops.

It's little wonder of over 30 Krispy Kreme locations planned in Canada, fewer than 20 opened and only about five remain. There's just no niche for them to fill here. That and Tims customers can be a pretty loyal and patriotic bunch as a whole, and more than a little bit resentful of an American Interloper coming to hurt their favourite coffee chain. Krispy Kreme didn't have a chance.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #452 on: March 03, 2010, 12:31:32 PM »

Well I hope for Canada you don't have Dunkin Donus invade Andy.  They are like rabbits.  I love on an island roughly 20 to 30 miles long and there are 14.   Buggedout

Have we talked about Starbucks yet?  I think one of their coffees almost gave me heart palpatations.  Overpriced and way too strong I find coffee wise. 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 12:35:29 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #453 on: March 03, 2010, 05:46:41 PM »

Well I hope for Canada you don't have Dunkin Donus invade Andy.  They are like rabbits.  I love on an island roughly 20 to 30 miles long and there are 14.   Buggedout

Have we talked about Starbucks yet?  I think one of their coffees almost gave me heart palpatations.  Overpriced and way too strong I find coffee wise. 

Sounds like roughly the same distribution as Tim Hortons. When I lived in the city, I could pass four of them on my way to work.

Since you mention Starbucks, I will say that a lot of the coffee sold as "premium" tastes like crap. Harsh, bitter and too strong. Starbucks is one place that I don't particularly care for the coffee. And I actually liked McDonalds coffee before they switched to the new and improved coffee. Now it tastes like garbage.

I like a nice, smooth, balanced flavour in my coffee. Tim Horton's is pretty good, although the amount of cream or sugar they put in can vary from place to place. I'm lucky to have a good independent coffee shop on my walk to work, where cream and sugar is measured in more of a "say when" fashion. Can't say I've had a bad cup there yet.

And I don't think I've ever gotten a bad cup of coffee at a convenience store. In some ways, it seems like the more you pay for your coffee, the crappier it tastes. Premium coffee, as far as I'm concerned, is a crock.

---------------------
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #454 on: March 03, 2010, 07:01:58 PM »

I am moraly opposed to blu-ray. I feel dirty even touching them.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #455 on: March 03, 2010, 08:22:38 PM »

Anne Hathaway is the MOST gorgeous woman in Hollywood, and I will loudly and verbally taunt anyone who disagrees with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hatred

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #456 on: March 03, 2010, 08:32:43 PM »

I think goldfish are aweomse as pets.  They're cheap and oddly seem to last longer than your average tropical fish lot.

DarkSider's Realm

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #457 on: March 03, 2010, 09:34:44 PM »

I like rap.  It's more than just "talking and rhyming" and is quite an art form when done properly.  You don't necessarily have to like what they rap ABOUT in modern rap, but they have the right to say what they want.  Although, I prefer the more old school rappers: Public Enemy, NWA, Run DMC, Kurtis Blow and Grandmaster Flash as they were more politically and socially critical and actually had something to say.

Ren and Stimpy was a good show.  A lot of people talk badly about it, but overall it was a pretty well done show with quite good animation.

I like David Spade.  I think he's funny and vastly underrated.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #458 on: March 04, 2010, 10:54:35 AM »

I really like Insane Clown Posse. Most of the people who I talk to hate their fan-base more than thier music, which I can understand. Most Juggalos are tools. But their raps are good.

Also, i dont understand why ANYONE would ever want to get married. No one should ever have to be chained down by another human being. I know a lot of families that have gone thru a lot of hardships because of marraige problems.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #459 on: March 04, 2010, 12:25:58 PM »

Also, i dont understand why ANYONE would ever want to get married. No one should ever have to be chained down by another human being. I know a lot of families that have gone thru a lot of hardships because of marraige problems.
You're a smart man, don't ever change.  I love my wife  but I've told her I'd never do the marraige thing again if something forbid happened to our marraige/us.  Nor would I stay attached to any one person. 

DarkSider's Realm

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #460 on: March 04, 2010, 12:32:26 PM »

Also, i dont understand why ANYONE would ever want to get married. No one should ever have to be chained down by another human being.

If you feel this way, you absolutely shouldn't get married.  That may be where a lot of people who do, go wrong.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Jim H

« Reply #461 on: March 04, 2010, 03:45:31 PM »

I really like Insane Clown Posse. Most of the people who I talk to hate their fan-base more than thier music, which I can understand. Most Juggalos are tools. But their raps are good.

So, I guess you don't believe in any long-term relationships, right?  Any serious relationship ties you down, the only difference is whether they're social and emotional, or also have legal implications.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #462 on: March 04, 2010, 06:18:31 PM »

So, I guess you don't believe in any long-term relationships, right?  Any serious relationship ties you down, the only difference is whether they're social and emotional, or also have legal implications.

Actually, living with somebody for a period of time has legal implications whether you're married or not. I can't speak to the laws everywhere, but I know it works that way here and a lot of other places. When it comes to family law, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck. Even if you just want to play house for a while, there are obligations.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 08:10:49 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #463 on: March 04, 2010, 06:23:12 PM »

Remember the song Informer by Snow from the 90's?  One of my favorites. 

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #464 on: March 04, 2010, 08:11:55 PM »

I really like listening to John Denver.

---------------------
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 53
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Against the grain « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.