Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:28:27 AM
713408 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Against the grain « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 53
Author Topic: Against the grain  (Read 260536 times)
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #510 on: March 11, 2010, 02:13:20 AM »

I like pro wrestling.  I think at it's best, it's some of the best writing on tv.  At it's worst, it's pretty bad (which, as a member of a BAD movies forum, makes it even more fun.)

I used to like Wrestling too, a lot.  I kind of lost touch with it when it became more about speaking than wrestling.  However, it was always entertaining and from I watch here and there it still is. 

Dunno if you've ever seen them, but try to find clips online of stuff from Ring of Honor(ROH) and DragonGate USA.  Both are groups with great inring action and very little 'speaking'. 

I don't mind the promos so much in wrestling, but not long 20 minute 'skits'.  Guys like The Rock, Mick Foley and Stone Cold Steve Austin had good 'promos', but lately there's been like, mini-movies.  Get to the in ring stuff.

I've found myself growing quite fond of the smaller companies over WWE and TNA, especially some of the Japanese ones (Dragon Gate in Japan, Osaka Pro Wrestling, New Japan, All Japan, DDT).  I've also grown somewhat fond of the Kaiju Big Battel.   TeddyR 

Small | Large
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #511 on: March 11, 2010, 08:03:25 AM »

I don't understand the appeal of those Kill Bill movies.  I watch ten minutes, yawn, and change the channel.

I also think Shaun of the Dead is one of the most spectacularly unfunny pieces of crap I've ever seen.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Skull
« Reply #512 on: March 11, 2010, 11:25:40 AM »

I don't understand the appeal of those Kill Bill movies.  I watch ten minutes, yawn, and change the channel.

The appeal is the coolness of watching a movie that is dated without being dated, so the viewers would think they are enjoying a "Drive In" "B-Movie" "Grindhouse" flick without actually sitting thru an actual movie of that type. It's also assumed that Tarantino filtered all the good parts and left the boring parts out.

I do agree that Kill Bill was hard to watch [because I'm still thinking this is a moden movie and people are not like this today] although I did enjoy the "coolness" but I dont think Kill Bill will be as timeless as "Rolling Thunder (1977)" or "Thriller (1974)" because Kill Bill is lacking the "Time Capsule" that makes all those old movies so fun to watch.

I also think Shaun of the Dead is one of the most spectacularly unfunny pieces of crap I've ever seen.

I'd guess it depends on taste... I like Shaun of the Dead because it tries to make fun of zombie movies (in general) without trying to outsmarting itself (like Scream) therefore the movie is fun and they ended up doing the same stupid things like in a tradition zombie film. Also the British humor works for me...

Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #513 on: March 11, 2010, 11:42:07 AM »

After the last couple of posts about Kill Bill, I'll say that I think Quentin Tarantino is, in general, a horrible writer, and I have yet to find any of his movies watchable. I've sat through 3 or four of them, and wish desperately I could recover those wasted hours. If you happen to like his movies, fine; I just find his work poorly written and way overhyped.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #514 on: March 11, 2010, 12:14:33 PM »

Tarantino is an ultimate fanboy making movies and I feel is overrated.  His movies have good moments but it doesn't account for the countless minutes of dreck you have to put up with to get to those moments. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #515 on: March 11, 2010, 03:03:57 PM »

I don't understand the appeal of those Kill Bill movies.  I watch ten minutes, yawn, and change the channel.

I wholeheartedly agree on both counts.  Smile

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #516 on: March 11, 2010, 10:01:10 PM »

After the last couple of posts about Kill Bill, I'll say that I think Quentin Tarantino is, in general, a horrible writer, and I have yet to find any of his movies watchable. I've sat through 3 or four of them, and wish desperately I could recover those wasted hours. If you happen to like his movies, fine; I just find his work poorly written and way overhyped.
Overall, I agree.  Although, as overrated as he may be, I have a softspot in my heart for Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction.  Everything after is a downhill fall.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #517 on: March 11, 2010, 10:03:59 PM »

I like pro wrestling.  I think at it's best, it's some of the best writing on tv.  At it's worst, it's pretty bad (which, as a member of a BAD movies forum, makes it even more fun.)

I used to like Wrestling too, a lot.  I kind of lost touch with it when it became more about speaking than wrestling.  However, it was always entertaining and from I watch here and there it still is. 

Dunno if you've ever seen them, but try to find clips online of stuff from Ring of Honor(ROH) and DragonGate USA.  Both are groups with great inring action and very little 'speaking'. 

I don't mind the promos so much in wrestling, but not long 20 minute 'skits'.  Guys like The Rock, Mick Foley and Stone Cold Steve Austin had good 'promos', but lately there's been like, mini-movies.  Get to the in ring stuff.

I've found myself growing quite fond of the smaller companies over WWE and TNA, especially some of the Japanese ones (Dragon Gate in Japan, Osaka Pro Wrestling, New Japan, All Japan, DDT).  I've also grown somewhat fond of the Kaiju Big Battel.   TeddyR 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNhZGK9HS_o

Dragon Gate has great action.  The US sister promotion to them has some wonderful matches as well, with semi-annual pay per views for only around $20.  I like certain Japanese wrestlers, but don't follow the promotions on a consistent basis.  Most of the time I look up matches on YouTube of the ones I like from the different groups.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #518 on: March 12, 2010, 02:42:56 AM »

I'm sure someone's mentioned this already, but I really don't give a flying f**k about American Idol, or any [insert nationality] Idol. 
Skull
« Reply #519 on: March 12, 2010, 07:06:25 AM »

I'm sure someone's mentioned this already, but I really don't give a flying f**k about American Idol, or any [insert nationality] Idol. 

Agree!
Sleepyskull
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Well,well,well...

« Reply #520 on: April 03, 2010, 08:26:17 AM »

This might have been more against the grain back when I was in elementary school but:

I always have and always will think The Powerpuff Girls (1998) was a great cartoon!

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #521 on: April 03, 2010, 12:24:30 PM »

This might have been more against the grain back when I was in elementary school but:

I always have and always will think The Powerpuff Girls (1998) was a great cartoon!

AGREED!
Vik
« Reply #522 on: April 06, 2010, 04:45:45 PM »

I thought the Godfather Part II was the least good of the series. I still really liked it but I think part I and III are better. Most people think Part II is the best part
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #523 on: April 10, 2010, 03:07:15 PM »

Adult Swim is the Scrappy Doo of the Cartoon Network.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #524 on: April 10, 2010, 03:17:51 PM »

Adult Swim is the Scrappy Doo of the Cartoon Network.

BLASPHEMY! Except for the shameless Family Guy re-runs, oh yeah, new Family Guy sucks, but I already said that.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 53
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Against the grain « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.