Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:56:50 PM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Against the grain « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 53
Author Topic: Against the grain  (Read 263526 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #555 on: April 18, 2010, 10:12:02 AM »

Ok, this one will net me some flames probably but Halloween 3 is the only good movie out of the entire franchise.  Yep, I said it. 

Wow. Wow. Wow.  Buggedout

To be fair, Halloween III is a criminally underrated film as we've previously discussed on this forum. But that's one hell of bold statement to make my man. Nothing beats the original flick, even though I myself am completely crazy in believing 4 & 5 are the best.  TeddyR
BounceGiggle  Some history, I think it boils down to  I NEVER liked Michael Myers.  He is kind of a nothing villain to me with no real interest. Halloween 3 broke away from him and the plot line I don't think is all that bad at base level.  Yes, it comes across as crap on film but having masks that kills people from a stonehenge curse is much better than some slow guy stalking teenagers.   Oh well, you're still my brother Circus and every one else who disagrees.   Cheers

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #556 on: April 18, 2010, 01:40:12 PM »

I really like Batman Returns the best of all the live action Batman films. But I prefer it and Batman (1989) a great deal over Batman Begins and The Dark Knight which to be honest I find kind of disappointing (I even like Batman Forever and the Adam West Batman: The Movie (1966) more). The animated films to are right up there with Burton's films too.

I hated Rob Zombie's Halloween films and don't care much for his other film efforts either.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 01:42:43 PM by xJaseSFx » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #557 on: April 19, 2010, 09:06:31 AM »

I really like Batman Returns the best of all the live action Batman films. But I prefer it and Batman (1989) a great deal over Batman Begins and The Dark Knight which to be honest I find kind of disappointing (I even like Batman Forever and the Adam West Batman: The Movie (1966) more). The animated films to are right up there with Burton's films too.

I hated Rob Zombie's Halloween films and don't care much for his other film efforts either.

Agreed, I didn't find the new Batman films all that interesting, and frankly, I don't get why Christian Bale is considered such a great action hero. I find him kind of bland.

As for Rob Zombie, I agree for the most part, but Captain Spaulding is the one shining light there. He's hilarious. Of course, Sid Haig gets a lot of the credit for that.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #558 on: April 19, 2010, 12:54:22 PM »

Actually I like every pre-Rob Zombie Halloween film effort more than his films...yes even the really bad ones like Halloween Resurrection and Halloween 2-6.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #559 on: April 19, 2010, 10:10:10 PM »

The only Batman film I was disappointed with was Batman and Robin.  I liked Batman/Returns/Forever.  Hell, even liked Dark Knight for what it was.  Mind you, I felt Aaron Eckhart was great as Two-Face, and while overhyped, Ledger made a fine Joker.  But, I've never really been a Bale fan or a Michael Caine fan, so the casting there was a bit iffy for me.

As for Zombie's films...I felt Sid Haig was great in House of 1,000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects, as was Bill Moseley, but with those two actors you never go wrong.  I felt, personally (although I'm a bit young so I could be off) that Zombie was reaching for a mid-'70s Grindhouse style of film with those flicks, so went over the top in terms of language and violence, much like people felt that The Exorcist and Texas Chainsaw Massacre did.  Did he succeed? Depens on whom you ask.  Me personally, I liked them, but I can definitely see where others would have a differing opinion on them, but ultimately it's a matter of opinion and it doesn't really matter anyway.  Odd that I praise Haig and Moseley and disparrage Caine, but I always liked those two actors.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #560 on: April 20, 2010, 06:08:13 PM »

I Really like Batman and Robin and to me, it is better than the dark knight. Shun me, but i like dis movie more outta of the whole Batman franchise.

yeah no.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #561 on: April 20, 2010, 09:09:48 PM »

I think Dark Knight and Batman begins are easily the two worst Batman movies they've done, and Ledger wasn't half as good at being the Joker as Jack was. 

I will give Ledger credit for being a good villain, but that villain was not in any way The Joker. 
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #562 on: April 20, 2010, 10:53:16 PM »

I don't care for television anymore. It used to have all sorts of good things on it but now...meh. Whenever I do finally get my own apartment (instead of renting someone's basement; I've moved up slightly! I'm now living in someone else's basement rather than my parents!) I'm not even gonna bother getting cable or satellite. Not worth the investment in my opinion.

I'm also indifferent to Twilight. Haven't read it, haven't seen, haven't bothered to give enough of a care to do either.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #563 on: April 21, 2010, 07:44:00 AM »

I think The Penguin is one of the better comic book villains in history, despite everyone telling me differently.

I think 95% of MOST tv sucks today.  I limit myself to very little programming anymore: Law and Order, South Park, and that's about it.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
SPazzo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My kinda toy...

« Reply #564 on: April 22, 2010, 01:00:03 PM »

Ah, and would that include the wonderful film The Haunted World of El Superbeasto?
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #565 on: April 22, 2010, 03:34:11 PM »

I think Freddy Got Fingered was comedic genius!

One of my life's goals is to never have more than one credit card.

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #566 on: April 23, 2010, 11:35:25 AM »

Speaking mainly of in a pop music mindset, Lady Gaga isn't all that bad.  She kind of reminds me of Madonna in circa mid 80s. 

DarkSider's Realm

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #567 on: April 23, 2010, 11:42:08 AM »

Mystery Science Theater 3000 - I was never really a fan even though I love to make fun of movies myself. I'm aware that they are the holy grail of mockery but I thought Elvira was funnier.

Funnier and hotter... TeddyR

I think the second and current series of Ashes to Ashes are as good as Life on Mars.
Batman Begins is better than The Dark Knight. (Batman Returns is the best one of all, though)
Gremlins 2 is better than Gremlins 1.
Dire Straits are...good ! I don't know when it became popular to dislike them.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #568 on: April 23, 2010, 11:47:55 AM »

And going along with my last post in this thread, I don't think it always takes "talent" to make "good" music. I've known of many "talented" bands who make really awful music. 

DarkSider's Realm

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #569 on: April 23, 2010, 12:38:13 PM »

I also like Elvira much better (she's much more attractive too as attractive as Mike in drag can be  Wink )  than the bunch from MST3K too although they have started to grow on me to be honest the more I do watch them (although I think lots of everyday folks could say things every bit as funny say like if a bunch of us here got together). I like Mr. Lobo's Cinema Insomnia more too. Actually I like Horror Hosts in the traditional sense a lot and I really wish there were more of them on the TV airwaves. I don't like how often the movies they do show on MST3K are edited down for content (presumably because of the rules channels like Sci-Fi and Comedy had to follow in the U.S.).  What I do like best about MST3K believe it or not is the skits.

I like the X-Men animated cartoon from the 1990s better than the later film and cartoons which followed those films.

I greatly preferred professional wrestling in the kayfabe era when they actually tried their best to pretend it was real and played it up as though it were a sport.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 53
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Against the grain « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.