Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:36:29 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Against the grain « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 53
Author Topic: Against the grain  (Read 262824 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #600 on: September 19, 2010, 09:48:10 PM »

I've never been fond of any HBO original programming series.  Soprano's included.  Only show that looks promising to me is Boardwalk Empire.

I'm not a fan of Scorcese.  Seen the man in interviews, seems like a nice enough guy, but put on one of his flicks and I have zero interest.  Same with Spielberg or George Lucas. 

Dug this thread up because I just thought of this one.  I have NEVER found The Peanuts entertaining in any form whether it be comic strip or annimated television.  I respect Mr. Schultz's lifetime work but just don't get it. 
I second this.  I've never, ever in any capacity found Peanuts to be entertaining in any capacity, and the fact that so much praise gets thrown it's way boggles my mind. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #601 on: September 19, 2010, 09:58:37 PM »

I like John Mayer.  Granted, as a musician, he's really not terrible at all and quite underrated. 

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #602 on: September 20, 2010, 05:59:02 AM »

I have a major hate for the film "It's a Wonderful Life"  The whole premise makes me want to scream and throw things. (And yes, DS, I DO mean 'hate'!)

So there.  I'm glad to finally get that out.

(I do realize that likely says far more about me than it does about the film.   Believe me, I have done the amateur psychopathology analysis! Wink)

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
3mnkids

« Reply #603 on: September 20, 2010, 07:04:44 AM »

I have a major hate for the film "It's a Wonderful Life"  The whole premise makes me want to scream and throw things. (And yes, DS, I DO mean 'hate'!)

I've never watched it and have no desire too.  Smile

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #604 on: September 20, 2010, 08:31:37 AM »

I've never watched it and have no desire too.  Smile
Are you sure you mean hate its such a strong word?  Wink  I watched the film once, meh whatever.  I thought it was overrated.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #605 on: September 20, 2010, 09:13:18 AM »

Are you sure you mean hate its such a strong word?  Wink  I watched the film once, meh whatever.  I thought it was overrated.

Oh, it's hate all right.  Fuelled in large part no doubt by the universal adulation the film seems to receive.   TongueOut  I could take every copy, shred it with my bare hands and stab it repeatedly with a BBQ fork, stomp it in a mudpit, douse it with gasoline and dance around the flames as it burns.  I really don't like this film.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #606 on: September 20, 2010, 10:17:33 AM »

Oh, it's hate all right.  Fuelled in large part no doubt by the universal adulation the film seems to receive.   TongueOut  I could take every copy, shred it with my bare hands and stab it repeatedly with a BBQ fork, stomp it in a mudpit, douse it with gasoline and dance around the flames as it burns.  I really don't like this film.

I used to think I hated it, but over time it came to the point where I realized I really didn't care about it one way or the other.  I'm pretty sure I've seen the whole thing over the years but I've never been able to watch more than 15 minutes of it at a time.  Most of it is snoozy but the ending is actually pretty good: Pottersville is a lot more interesting than Bedford Falls.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #607 on: September 22, 2010, 03:41:40 PM »

Wow. Never thought Newt and I would be on complete opposite ends of an issue. I love It's A Wonderful Life. The ending is one of the very few cinematic moments that make me cry, and it's probably the only one that does so consistently.

Now Scrooged - that's a Christmas movie I can't stand. Well, not so much can't stand it as I saw it, I laughed, I liked the cast, and I really didn't feel a need to see it again. I just don't think it's so outstanding that it deserves the "holiday classic" status people give it.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #608 on: September 22, 2010, 05:19:42 PM »

I don't like the movie Christmas Shoes.   Its too bleak even for me.

DarkSider's Realm

Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #609 on: September 22, 2010, 05:26:14 PM »

I don't like the movie Christmas Shoes.   Its too bleak even for me.

I hate the song so I have no plans to see the movie. The song p**ses me off in way very few songs can.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
jimmybob
Bad Movie Lover

Move over, let Jimi take over.

« Reply #610 on: September 22, 2010, 09:20:42 PM »

I've never been fond of any HBO original programming series.  Soprano's included.  Only show that looks promising to me is Boardwalk Empire.

Not even Tenacious D's old show?

-Jimmybob

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #611 on: September 22, 2010, 10:21:41 PM »

Not even Tenacious D's old show?

-Jimmybob
Not really.  Got kinda tiresome.  Although, I like their album output, I just didn't like the tv show. 

Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #612 on: September 23, 2010, 07:55:29 PM »

I pretty much find Kat Von D of LA Ink to be a bit repulsive and highly annoying.  
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 07:57:39 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #613 on: September 23, 2010, 09:27:31 PM »

I pretty much find Kat Von D of LA Ink to be a bit repulsive and highly annoying.  

You mean most people think she isn't? That's kind of a surprise. Question

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #614 on: September 23, 2010, 09:29:42 PM »

You mean most people think she isn't? That's kind of a surprise. Question
Honestly I hear a lot of "she's so hot" from people around here.  I just don't get it.  Especially since she's been scribbled on so much.

DarkSider's Realm

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 53
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Against the grain « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.