Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:05:46 PM
713354 Posts in 53057 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Against the grain « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 53
Author Topic: Against the grain  (Read 260402 times)
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #735 on: May 14, 2013, 08:23:24 PM »

I guess I'm just old-fashioned, but I think the female body needs tatoos the way the Sistine Chapel needs gang graffitit!

Agreed: take Kat Von D for an example, gorgeous lady but why does she feel the need to cover herself in all that crap?  Buggedout Question

Agreeing with Trevor and Indy on this one. People go WAY too far with tattoos and all this other stuff, it's something I never quite understood, other than the need to attract attention and stand out (and man do they ever stand out!)

But for all we know, there's probably some women in a port in South Africa with a pair of undies with Trevor's name in the middle tattooed on her arm  BounceGiggle TongueOut
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #736 on: May 14, 2013, 08:40:01 PM »

I guess I'm just old-fashioned, but I think the female body needs tatoos the way the Sistine Chapel needs gang graffitit!

Agreed: take Kat Von D for an example, gorgeous lady but why does she feel the need to cover herself in all that crap?  Buggedout Question

Agreeing with Trevor and Indy on this one. People go WAY too far with tattoos and all this other stuff, it's something I never quite understood, other than the need to attract attention and stand out (and man do they ever stand out!)

But for all we know, there's probably some women in a port in South Africa with a pair of undies with Trevor's name in the middle tattooed on her arm  BounceGiggle TongueOut

I have been waiting for tattoos to go out of fashion for 20 years now.  Bluesad Children of the people who got them back in the 90s should now be rebelling and thinking that tramp stamps and barbed wire biceps are old fashioned and lame. Doesn't seem to be happening yet, in fact ink seems to be getting worse.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #737 on: May 15, 2013, 12:49:17 AM »

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

No woman in her right mind would stoop THAT low.  Buggedout + TeddyR TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #738 on: May 15, 2013, 07:57:53 AM »

How's this for an unpopular opinion? I love "Jason X." I just watched it last night for the fifth or sixth time.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #739 on: May 16, 2013, 07:08:57 AM »

How's this for an unpopular opinion? I love "Jason X." I just watched it last night for the fifth or sixth time.

Yeah? Well, I love Robert Altman's Popeye starring Robin Williams, own the DVD and think it is a wonderfully entertaining movie. So nyeh.  TongueOut

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #740 on: May 16, 2013, 02:32:44 PM »

I'm sure I've watched it 5 or 6 times too lol.  I love it  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #741 on: May 16, 2013, 05:57:10 PM »

I think Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone was the best in the series both on screen and in print.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #742 on: May 18, 2013, 09:14:54 PM »

Yeah? Well, I love Robert Altman's Popeye starring Robin Williams, own the DVD and think it is a wonderfully entertaining movie. So nyeh.  TongueOut
Liking Popeye is an unpopular opinion? 
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #743 on: May 19, 2013, 06:37:04 AM »

Liking Popeye is an unpopular opinion? 

On this board, slightly. It's one of those films that was panned so widely that even Robin Williams said he hated it. I looked at the IMDB page, and its rating has gone up over the years.

How's this: I don't mind Justin Bieber. I don't listen to him, but I am actually happy that a kid who posted a few You Tube videos became popular enough to make a career (so far) out of doing something he loves. Sure, he's a twit, but many kids are.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #744 on: May 19, 2013, 11:48:56 AM »

I think the classic Doctor Who episodes blow the 21st century revival out of the water. That's not to say there haven't been some fine Who moments among the new doctors, it's just as if the stories lack a quality of soul the old ones possessed. Sometimes that's left me watching Smith, Eccelston and Tennant more out of nostalgia and a sense of hopefulness than because I am genuinely loving what I see on screen.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #745 on: May 19, 2013, 04:10:20 PM »

I like the new STAR TREK movies.  Beat that.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #746 on: May 19, 2013, 09:45:45 PM »

I actually think Jar Jar Binks added some much needed comic relief to the Star Wars prequels. TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
claws
« Reply #747 on: May 20, 2013, 01:17:57 AM »

Pretty sure I've mentioned some of these before.

The Onion is overrated and not all that funny.
I do not follow George Takei on Facebook.
cracked.com is bogus ever since they claimed it wasn't Superman fighting Muhammad Ali in the famous 1978 comic.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #748 on: May 20, 2013, 11:21:30 AM »

Agreed.

Wasn't even aware he had one.  Then again, I don't do anything that involves facebook. 

cracked.com is bogus ever since they claimed it wasn't Superman fighting Muhammad Ali in the famous 1978 comic.
They're still good sometimes, but what bothers me is how often they feel the need to say anything supernatural or unexplained is just stupidity and people are idiots for believing it. 
ChaosTheory

« Reply #749 on: May 22, 2013, 11:40:46 AM »

Agree.  I used to love it but it's pretty much insufferable hipster central these days.

I don't either but I do enjoy his youtube channel.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 53
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Against the grain « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.