Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:03:52 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Against the grain « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53
Author Topic: Against the grain  (Read 260311 times)
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #765 on: October 26, 2013, 04:20:04 PM »

Dune (1984) was cool.

Actually, I agree. David Lynch has a style of filming that is uniquely his own. And I thought the knifefights between Kyle MacLachlan and Patrick Stewart and between Kyle MacLachlan and Sting were pretty cool, too. And after this one and the 2000 TV miniseries, there's a 3rd attempt upcoming to convert Herbert's book into film.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #766 on: October 26, 2013, 11:21:54 PM »

I enjoyed Halloween, the remake by Rob Zombie. People disliked it for various reasons.

It's far from perfect, but as far as remakes go, it's enjoyable in a weird way. And I dug some of the casting choices: Malcolm MacDowell, Danny Trejo, Brad Dourif.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #767 on: October 27, 2013, 01:12:04 PM »

Dune (1984) was cool.

Actually, I agree. David Lynch has a style of filming that is uniquely his own. And I thought the knifefights between Kyle MacLachlan and Patrick Stewart and between Kyle MacLachlan and Sting were pretty cool, too. And after this one and the 2000 TV miniseries, there's a 3rd attempt upcoming to convert Herbert's book into film.

There's also a documentary out now about Alejandro Jodorowsky's aborted attempt to film the book in the 1970s.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #768 on: October 27, 2013, 02:11:00 PM »

Dune (1984) was cool.

There's also a documentary out now about Alejandro Jodorowsky's aborted attempt to film the book in the 1970s.

I read somewhere that George Lucas ripped off a lot of ideas from that pre-production of the aborted Dune (197?) movie and included them in his Star Wars (1977) film, which included the Tatooine desert dune setting, lightsabers instead of force shields during the knife fights, the Empire instead of House Harkonnen, Luke Skywalker and the Force instead of Muad'Dib and the Weirding Way, etc.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #769 on: February 27, 2014, 03:46:07 PM »

The Dark Knight Rises was abysmal. It completely negates the message of the previous film and has the most asinine romantic plot element in the history of cinema.

"What if I told you Rachael chose Dent?"
"I would HATE YOOOOOU! ~sob~, get out of my life forever adoptive father and loyal ally!"
"Okay, but stop being Batman"

the rest of the crapfest happens, yadda yadda etc.

"Hello mysterious thief woman I've known for a few weeks tops, I love you and want to stop being Batman for you. In fact, you make me forget the last two women in my life, one just died, it looked stupid, and the other wasn't even into me and I threw out my most loyal friend because of it, but I love you so much, my back hurts"

Thumbdown
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #770 on: February 27, 2014, 11:43:49 PM »

The whole Nolan Batman trilogy was horrible.  

Let's look at the development of our hero.  

1st movie:  "I have no clue how to be Batman!  Somebody please tell me what to do!"

2nd Movie:  "Okay.  I'm kinda tired of being Batman now."

3rd movie:  "I quit being Batman...okay fine.  I'll be Batman one more time... then I'll quit being Batman AND quit being Bruce Wayne in order to run off with a felon who I barely know that tried to rob me blind earlier."

or if you prefer, "When I was a child, I dedicated my life to fighting crime to avenge my parents death, but it turns out that fighting crime is hard and I got hurt a bit so I quit."
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 11:48:09 PM by Chainsaw midget » Logged
ChaosTheory

« Reply #771 on: March 04, 2014, 01:07:04 PM »

Joss Whedon is a mediocre writer at best.

ARCHER is not funny.

Wedge heels are for dingbat hipsters who can't walk in real heels.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #772 on: March 04, 2014, 07:28:39 PM »

Im with the previous posters about Nolan's Crapman. He fights crime for a year, disappears then returns to "die".   Idiocy...plain and simple.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 07:30:55 PM by Mr. DS » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Couchtr26

« Reply #773 on: March 05, 2014, 05:01:03 AM »

I hate MMO video games with a passion.  I want to gouge my eyes out every time I hear about a new one. 

I enjoy cigars and pipes and feel more people should enjoy them in moderation.

I don't like many movies that receive a lot of critical acclaim.  I would like to but I find myself gravitating towards things that receive much less praise.  I watch a movie to have fun mostly and am not always interested in a deep message or symbolism. 

I hate people that don't have refined tastes.  I can't enjoy speaking to people that don't want to expand their tastes or to try something that is hearty and filling.  Case in point discussing bread with someone.  Hate white prefer dark richer grainy breads not the basic white bread. 

Maybe I should have put that into the Grind my Gears topic. 

Ah, the good old days.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #774 on: March 05, 2014, 05:35:08 AM »

ARCHER is not funny.

Finally someone who agrees with me: I saw one episode and that was too much.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #775 on: March 05, 2014, 06:49:57 AM »

I hate Disneyworld and liken it to hell on earth.   I may have mentioned that before.

DarkSider's Realm

claws
« Reply #776 on: March 05, 2014, 06:59:11 AM »

Always worth mentioning again: I don't watch TV. I haven't sat down to watch TV in over ten years. I don't care about TV shows, talk shows, reality shows, the latest series and what not. And I absolutely despise TV commercials.
Flangepart

« Reply #777 on: March 05, 2014, 09:14:15 AM »

Always worth mentioning again: I don't watch TV. I haven't sat down to watch TV in over ten years. I don't care about TV shows, talk shows, reality shows, the latest series and what not. And I absolutely despise TV commercials.
BROTHER!  TeddyR

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #778 on: March 05, 2014, 01:39:15 PM »

BROTHER!  TeddyR

I was watching TV the other day and I just turned the damned thing off.  Between the derogatory "public service" commercials and the fact that I'm watching some show I've seen before, which is being over-dramatized by the narrator to the point where all of civilization will presumably fall into ruin if these dolts don't get this bearing on this motor replaced by the end of the day, but I'm not even watching it because I'm being told to sue for mesothelioma for the eight trillionth time...enough.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 02:00:56 PM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #779 on: March 15, 2014, 09:19:17 PM »

Superman 3 is entertaining to me.

DarkSider's Realm

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Against the grain « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.