Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:02:29 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I was thinking... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I was thinking...  (Read 2004 times)
diamondwaspvenom
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: January 01, 2010, 08:50:09 AM »

We have review sections for bad movies and bad tv episodes. What about bad music videos? A lot of them can be hilariously bad or stupid like the b-movies we watch. So...why not?
Frogger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 10:49:04 AM »

We have review sections for bad movies and bad tv episodes. What about bad music videos? A lot of them can be hilariously bad or stupid like the b-movies we watch. So...why not?

Well some are far worse than others.

I generally find them extremely offensive, the main thing I hate about my current gym, is that it plays these music channels. On full volume.... sigh. I find them extremely sexist and disturbed that the music played is even popular.

So how would we judge music videos?

"We think too small, like the frog at the bottom of the well. He thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If he surfaced, he would have an entirely different view."Mao. "At the risk of seeming ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love. It is impossible to think of a genuine revolutionary lacking this quality." Ernesto Che Guevara. "A lie told often enough becomes the truth" Lenin. "Religion is the opium of the masses." Marx.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 11:21:57 AM »

I wouldn't mind a child board specifically for music.  Smile

diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 11:32:35 AM »

My idea was on how poorly made the videos are. For example: Seperate Ways (Worlds Apart) by Journey. Great song, but the video just shows the band playing air (sometimes actual) instruments with Steve Perry running around a junkyard. You'd wonder why an emotional and powerful song did not have a better video.

Another example, The Family Ghost by King Diamond. Rather than film the stroryline in the song (i.e. Johnathon encountering the ghost of Count DeLafey and discovering Abigail's crypt), we get a video that has the band playing in some random arena with King sitting on a throne eating some kind of sandwich. There's also a bunch of random performers (jugglers, belly dancers, etc.).
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 11:36:57 AM »

Also, this can be how each one will be rated:

4 Slimes: The pinnacle of bad music videos.

3 Slimes: A dumb video that has to be seen to be believed.

2 Slime: It was okay. Nothing really THAT special.

1 Slime: Terrible. Made me question my musical tastes.

Skull: This music video hurt me. Real bad.
Frogger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 03:08:41 PM »

Small | Large

Skull!!!!!  Thumbdown

Small | Large

Only version of the song that does not cause my ears to bleed. Cartman can sing it better.  Thumbup

"I don't give a crap about whales. Go hug a tree."   Smile

"We think too small, like the frog at the bottom of the well. He thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If he surfaced, he would have an entirely different view."Mao. "At the risk of seeming ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love. It is impossible to think of a genuine revolutionary lacking this quality." Ernesto Che Guevara. "A lie told often enough becomes the truth" Lenin. "Religion is the opium of the masses." Marx.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 04:04:18 PM »

Small | Large
4 slime! and yes,we are the lazy generation!  TongueOut

yeah no.
Moreau
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 08:08:21 PM »

there are so many bad music videos out there. the 80s metal scene is an especially rich vein. there is something about this guy's hair that is kind of bewitching, though:

Small | Large
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 08:17:12 PM »

My idea was on how poorly made the videos are. For example: Seperate Ways (Worlds Apart) by Journey. Great song, but the video just shows the band playing air (sometimes actual) instruments with Steve Perry running around a junkyard. You'd wonder why an emotional and powerful song did not have a better video.

Another example, The Family Ghost by King Diamond. Rather than film the stroryline in the song (i.e. Johnathon encountering the ghost of Count DeLafey and discovering Abigail's crypt), we get a video that has the band playing in some random arena with King sitting on a throne eating some kind of sandwich. There's also a bunch of random performers (jugglers, belly dancers, etc.).
Its a damn good idea, but how do you account for personal taste? For example It doesn't matter how professional a song by Lady Gaga is I'm still going to hate it no matter what.
Skull
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 11:13:28 AM »

Do they actually make Music Videos any more? MTV and VH1 is wrapped up with reality TV...

(Ok, I guess they do... Thanks for YouTube)

Small | Large

Oh, vote for the king of the "bad music video" The Super Bowl Shuffle:The Bears... Oh the magic of the 1980's that a Chicago football team [Da Bears] would even attempt to make a music video and sell it to the Chicago fans. [Although, I do give credit to Michael Jackson for his Thriller Video that has inspire the idea to make a music video so you can sell it.]
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I was thinking... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.