Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:37:58 AM
713408 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  are you a hot sauce freak? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: are you a hot sauce freak?  (Read 6948 times)
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« on: December 30, 2009, 09:03:47 PM »

sometimes im in the mood for something spicey, sometimes i dont want anything spicey at all. sometimes i over do it and end up sweaty and well, weve seen people when they eat something thats really hot to them, its not pretty. i just enjoy it sometimes, its kind of addictive and at times painful. anyway, a friend of mine got me back into super hot sauces with the Viscious Viper. its pretty damn hot, itll get respect out of anyone with a couple of drops. ive read that its around 100,000 scolvilles give or take, every site says something different. right now im getting into "Mad Dogs 357 - 600,000 scolville". good stuff, a single drop seems to be more than most people can stand. im trying to get into "wanzas Wicked hot sauce - 2,000,000 scolville", its a border line pepper extract, and its just painfull. its doesnt have a very good taste though. getting people to try them is always entertaining or cruel. if a hot sauce has a warning label, be careful.

-i recently ate alot of Viscous Viper and made the mistake of going to the bathroom without washing my hands. this was truly one of the most agonizing experiences of my life. imagine holding your "mini-me" over a lit candle for an hour.

exterminate all rational thought.....
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 09:20:37 PM »

one time i drank a whole bottle of hot sauce! Lookingup

yeah no.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 09:27:16 PM »

Today I laced my shrimp bisque with a ton of Tabasco sauce and my boss who was with me at the time thought I was setting myself up for instant death. 

I will say though I'm more of a dried spice kind of guy.  I grow my own chilies and dry them.  Habeneros are my favs.   Thumbup

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Javakoala
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 10:18:03 PM »

I love hot sauces and hot foods.  The main thing for me is that it has to have a good flavor.  If it is heat just for heat's sake, you can keep it.

I used to go to this bar that had a grill. I started out just giving the cook a hard time when I ordered a burger by saying, "And can you make it HOT this time?"  He tried everything.  Nothing was too hot, and he even spent some serious money on hot stuff down South, but this was about 20 years back. Didn't do more than make me say, "Well, that was hotter than the last time."

My ex bought me some Lotta-Hotta. I started out only being able to handle a very small amount but I was soon spooning it on top of stuff.

My current favorite hot sauce is something they sell at Walmart. A tall bottle of green salsa.  One or two bites and it does really affect you, but the more you eat, the hotter it gets. And it tastes GREAT. I keep eating it even though I'm crying and my nose is running because it tastes so darned wonderful.  Luckily, the heat fades within minutes when you stop eating it.

Bought some 8 buck hot sauce and still have it. I licked a drop of it off of a spoon and thought I was going to have to call 911. I couldn't breathe and I thought my throat was swelling shut.  Nope.  Within two weeks, I was splashing it in my chili. I just got tired of the taste. And I'm too lazy to go get the name of it.

So, yeah, I love me some hot sauce, as long as it has good taste to go with the heat.
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 10:31:31 PM »

I can't eat anything spicy. 
Even mildly spicy foods will give me the most terrible heartburn so I stay away from anything hot...especially hot sauce.

I have a friend who puts hot sauce on everything.  Pizza, burgers, fish, steak, you name it, he puts hot sauce on it.
He even keeps a bottle of hot sauce in the glove compartment of his truck for when he eats out.
We've gone into a McDonald's before and he pulled a bottle of Tobasco sauce out of his coat pocket and poured a bunch on his french fries.   Buggedout

meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 11:57:08 PM »

I buy a lot of hot sauces. Some are good some not so good. To me a good hot sauce adds spice and heat to food but doesn't overwhelm the flavor of the food.
A couple of favorites for me is Texas Pete and Dunk's Sweet Thang. Dunk's is bottled near where I live and is a bit of a local favorite.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 11:57:45 PM »

I love spicy food, the hotter the better. I routinely have to tell restaurants to make it as hot as I want to order it. Indian places seem especially skeptical when I tell them I want the 10 on their 1-10 scale of hotness. My dream is to find buffalo wings that are too hot for me to eat.

I started with Dave's Total Insanity Sauce as a teenager, and couldn't take more than a drop or two at a time. Now I put it on my tacos and burritos. It's a good, garlicky sauce.

I've eaten an entire habanero. It was like putting a live electrical wire in my mouth and leaving it there for an hour. That was years ago, so I'm curious to see what it would be like if I try it now.

I sprinkle red pepper or cayenne on anything that will take it. Tip: Fry up your bacon with red pepper flakes, it's delicious. I also have started putting entire spoonfuls of cayenne pepper into my ramen.

My brother was a baby when it came to spicy food, but since he has now lived with me for three years he can eat suicide wings that would take down most people.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 12:37:58 AM »

I've always really liked spicy and hot foods.  Whenever I go to Subway (usually 3 or 4 times a year) I order a cold cut combo, with banana peppers, jalapenos, and hot sauce.  My friends just stare... Buggedout
3mnkids

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 10:23:40 AM »

My husband collects hot sauces.  Question  Most are too hot to eat. My daughter puts hot sauce on just about everything. I dont see how she eats it. Have you tried Pizza hut's burning hot buffalo wings? They really are hot, I cant even eat one. I know a lot places say their stuff is hot when it isnt but pizza hut isnt lying. omg!   hot

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 12:32:38 PM »

-i havent found a store brand thats really hot yet. though i found some offbrand called Grace thats pretty hot. i love me some Texas Pete and Louisiana. Tabasco has reputation for being hot, i dont think it is, but i  like that one too. i found a site that sells all kinds of hot sauces and pepper extracts, www.hotsauceworld.com.

-i took some mad-dog-357 to work to let someone try it. one person had to throw his lunch away and another almost died. this idiot stuck the end of a straw in the bottle and licked it. he ended up choking and vomiting until he had dry heaves! the poor guy was doubled over a trash can pouring sweat, turning really pale and dry heaving for an hour. he almost lost his job, i had to buy him a ginger ale and some honey buns to try and straighten him out. i was starting to get worried myself, he ended up okay though. jackass. since hes okay i can make fun of him. nobody ever believes you when you tell them something is really hot. "oh, i can handle it. this is nothing". its very satifying when they embarrass themselves, they dont always admit its hot though. 

exterminate all rational thought.....
hellbilly
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2009, 12:48:30 PM »

Not a fan of hot sauce, and I don't like spicy or hot food except for Indian curry. For some reason thats the only hot food I can stomach.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2009, 01:06:06 PM »

I love hot sauces and hot foods.  The main thing for me is that it has to have a good flavor.  If it is heat just for heat's sake, you can keep it.

To me a good hot sauce adds spice and heat to food but doesn't overwhelm the flavor of the food.

This and this.  I love some heat to my food occasionally, but some people take it way to far.  It almost turns into a macho thing instead of a flavor thing. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2009, 04:54:14 PM »

Not a fan of hot sauce, and I don't like spicy or hot food except for Indian curry. For some reason thats the only hot food I can stomach.

I am allergic to curry. Everytime I eat it, I break into hives and become sick to my stomach. It's a good spice just one I can't have without it trying to kill me.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2009, 05:03:05 PM »

I put hot sauce on wasabi today! Thumbup

yeah no.
Javakoala
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2009, 05:40:39 PM »

I put hot sauce on wasabi today! Thumbup

You, sir, are either a god, of some sort, or utterly insane.

Wasabi doesn't really hit me as hot but it utterly takes my breath away when I put too much in my mouth at one time.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  are you a hot sauce freak? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.