Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:34:00 PM
713375 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  are you a hot sauce freak? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: are you a hot sauce freak?  (Read 6943 times)
venomx
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2009, 05:44:01 PM »

I like hot sauces and hot foods! ... I like to eat cherry hot peppers straight out of the jar.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2009, 07:40:54 PM »

I put hot sauce on wasabi today! Thumbup

You, sir, are either a god, of some sort, or utterly insane.

Wasabi doesn't really hit me as hot but it utterly takes my breath away when I put too much in my mouth at one time.
insane!  Thumbup

yeah no.
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2009, 11:13:26 PM »

I like hot sauces and hot foods! ... I like to eat cherry hot peppers straight out of the jar.
I can do you one better. I like to freak people out by eating habenaro peppers right off the plant.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2010, 12:35:31 PM »

Heck yeah i love hot sauce. I keep a quart of texas pete in my kitchen.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2010, 03:56:33 PM »

I love hot sauce.  For several years I had problems with acid reflux and if I ate hot sauce during the day, I would often wake up in the middle of the night with it shooting up my esophagus and burning the hell out of my throat.  If I took an acid reducer (like Tagamet) it would usually prevent the acid reflux, but I still limited my hot sauce intake.  For the past year or two, my body seems to have changed and nearly cured the acid reflux by itself.  I only get it occasionally now, even if I eat something spicy.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2010, 12:11:06 AM »

I put hot sauce and Cayenne Pepper in the Chili at the restaurant I work in.  Unfortunately, the owner won't let us make Chili that's 'spicy', as people don't just order a bowl of chili, but will get it on burgers, hot dogs, etc.

It's too 'plain' for me, so I'll grab a bowl, throw in half a bottle of hot sauce, a bunch of Cayenne Pepper, and this special 'spicy salt' that we had made up that kicks the Chili from being like, a 4, to being a 15.5 on the hot scale.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2010, 12:12:42 AM »

I put hot sauce and Cayenne Pepper in the Chili at the restaurant I work in.  Unfortunately, the owner won't let us make Chili that's 'spicy', as people don't just order a bowl of chili, but will get it on burgers, hot dogs, etc.

It's too 'plain' for me, so I'll grab a bowl, throw in half a bottle of hot sauce, a bunch of Cayenne Pepper, and this special 'spicy salt' that we had made up that kicks the Chili from being like, a 4, to being a 15.5 on the hot scale.
have you ever tried to put hot sauce on wasabi?

yeah no.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2010, 12:22:14 AM »

have you ever tried to put hot sauce on wasabi?
Yes.  I love hot sauce.  But, to me, hot sauce is kinda mild.  At least, depending on the brand itself.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2010, 01:47:05 AM »

Wasabi and mustard seem a special case to me. They are not hot in the same terms as other peppers. The main ingredient in peppers is capsaicin, which tends to stick around. I haven't been able to find out what is so burninator in mustard and wasabi, but it is clearly a different beast.

Don't get me wrong, I love wasabi/mustard, but it has a special burn for about ten seconds and then it disappears. I highly enjoy it, but it is not the same as the capsaicin burn. Delicious, but clearly mustard and capsaicin are parking their cars in different barns.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2010, 09:07:15 PM »

I started with Dave's Total Insanity Sauce as a teenager, and couldn't take more than a drop or two at a time. Now I put it on my tacos and burritos. It's a good, garlicky sauce.

strange, I've been into hot sauces for ages but I never heard of Dave's Insanity until I saw it in ASDA 2 weeks ago and bought some. definitely the hottest sauce I've tried yet, but I'm looking into ordering some of this

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2010, 11:54:17 PM »

Speaking of ordering hot sauces, I found one you can order that the burn from eating it is not the only time this stuff will burn you.
http://www.hotsauce.com/Blair-s-2am-3am-4am-5am-6am-16-Million-Set-p/misc-blairs-full-reserve-set.htm

Who has $2000+ they can spend on hot sauce? I know that I don't.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2010, 10:54:47 AM »

Speaking of ordering hot sauces, I found one you can order that the burn from eating it is not the only time this stuff will burn you.
http://www.hotsauce.com/Blair-s-2am-3am-4am-5am-6am-16-Million-Set-p/misc-blairs-full-reserve-set.htm

Who has $2000+ they can spend on hot sauce? I know that I don't.

Product Disclaimer
Purchaser of this product hereby acknowledges the intense heat factor of this product and the element of danger if misused. This product is over 100 times hotter than a jalapeno pepper and is a complex blend of fresh peppers and extracts.
[/i]

sounds good, no idea why it would be that much though. says it's 'signed' ... by who, presumably John Lennon or Elvis at that price?

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Jim H

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2010, 06:31:31 PM »

I really enjoy hot sauce on things.  I have to agree that many times though, the hotter things completely ignore flavor in order to maximize the burn.  As one example, there's a chain called Buffalo Wild Wings.  Well, for a chain restaraunt, they actually get quite hot (I was very surprised - usually the hottest stuff at chains doesn't bother really affect me much at all).  But, the hottest thing they have has basically no flavor - just spice.  Whereas, some of the very hot sauces are hot, but also quite tasty, like their habanero sweet n sour hot sauce.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  are you a hot sauce freak? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.