Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:38:02 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Best Pixar movie « previous next »
Poll
Question: Which of Pixar's feature films made to date is their best?
Toy Story  (1995)
A Bug's Life  (1998)
Toy Story 2   (1999)
Monsters, Inc.  (2001)
Finding Nemo  (2003)
The Incredibles  (2004)
Cars   (2006)
Ratatouille   (2007)
WALL-E   (2008)
Up  (2009)

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Best Pixar movie  (Read 8622 times)
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: December 31, 2009, 08:09:54 AM »

For me it's a toss-up between Up and The Incredibles.

But overall, I would have to give the slight edge to Up as that movie somehow manages to get better with each passing viewing of it.  I thought it was damn near close to perfect when I saw it originally back in theaters.

Their weakest IMO is Cars. But I still think it's a good movie though.   

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
3mnkids

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 10:08:29 AM »

Monsters Inc is my favorite.   Thumbup  Then Finding Nemo, Wall-E, A bugs Life, Toy story 1, Toy story 2,  The incredibles,Ratatouille, Up,and lastly Cars. Cars is the only movie I ever fell asleep in the theater while watching.   TeddyR

We just had this discussion in my house last weekend   TeddyR  we also tried to see who could name all of the characters that John Ratzenberger played.... eh, we were bored.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 09:49:39 PM »

I like Toy Story.  It's one of the few I can stand.  Second would be Finding Nemo.

Least favourite is The Incredibles.  I thought it was a little violent for a kids movie.  (I do realize I'm gonna get flamed for that, but it is my opinion.)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 10:19:43 PM »

Wall-E is my favorite film of the company.  It had everything for me.  Good characters, a fascinating story, great computer animation, an amazing soundtrack, and so much more!

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
akiratubo

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 10:39:23 PM »

Monsters, Inc.  Without a doubt.  I was completely enchanted for the entire running time, and it made me happy!  If there's a better indicator of "best" than that, I don't know what it is.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
BlackAngel75
Bad Movie Lover

eject...eject

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 04:57:33 AM »

It was a very hard decision but it was Wall-E for me with The Incredibles at a very close second.  The Incredibles has great scenes especially with Dash and Elasti-Girl, but Wall-E (and I'm the last person to say this) is so damn cute.  Everything about that movie was cute, even the fat people.

We all know Bill is a little nuts, but George has actually tasted them.
-Betty White at the William Shatner Roast
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 08:33:10 AM »

A Bug's Life, because I love bugs.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 02:59:18 PM »

WALL-E

yeah no.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 05:33:44 PM »

Six of one and a half dozen of the other. I find all of the Pixar films more or less enjoyable; therefore, I can't say which one I think is the best. What I can say is which one has the best villain or villains. Thus, from the best villain to the worst villain, the villains in each Pixar film.

01. Toy Story
02. Up
03. A Bug's Life
04. The Incredibles
05. Toy Story 2
06. Ratatouille
07. Monsters, inc.
08. Wall-e
09. Cars
10. Finding Nemo

And a reminder. "Toy Story 3" in 3-D will be out in June of this year.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 07:56:37 PM »

Wow, hard to decide.  I think my heart will always belong to Toy Story.  It is an absolutely charming story and quite frankly was groundbreaking in the realm of digital animation.  I also liked Toy Story 2 and the Jessie sequence where she recalls her days, yes, makes me tear up.

Monster's Inc is brilliant.  Just the subtle references to different things like the monsters eating at a place called Harryhausen's.  Plus Boo is absolutely adorable. 

Finding Nemo...sigh...another tear jerker for me at the end.  The story/characters are great and although I'm not a fan of Ellen Degeneres I love voice over work in this film. 

The Incredibles...beyond brilliant.  I can't say it enough.  It takes a little bit from different comic book characters and puts them in a realistic life setting which is awesome.  Its almost like Watchmen but a bit more light hearted.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
nilbog
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 05:23:45 PM »

I've gotta go with Finding Nemo - It's been a few years since I've seen it, but I definitely think it's number one. I've actually got to watch Up yet - I've got it to watch, just haven't gotten around to it yet - I'm slack, I know.

craptasticmovies.com

"Nilbog! It's Goblin Spelt Backwards!"
metalmonster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 08:06:09 PM »

For Me It Would Have To Be TOY STORY

The Movie Was A Huge Hit , And Influenced Hollywood To Make More Computer Animated Movies With Big Name Actors Doing The Voices
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 10:00:10 PM »

Hard to say as I'm a BIG Pixar fan.  But, I chose WALL-E as my #1.  MONSTERS, INC., FINDING NEMO and TOY STORY are good runners up.

It is interesting that I did not really care for FINDING NEMO all THAT much when I first saw it.  But after (many) repeated viewings, I have come to love what is to me actually a subtle beauty in the story.  Now, it's definitely one of my favorites.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Hammock Rider

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 04:20:04 PM »

I voted Up but A Bug's Life and Monsters Inc. could easily take the #1 spot on any given day.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 05:53:49 PM »

I have not seen Ratatouille, Up, or WALL-E, but I loved Monsters Inc so I chose that.

I actually liked all the movies I have seen on the list except for Cars.  It was boring for the most part and  did not have the fun appeal the others did.

If Monsters Inc was not on here I probably would have chosen The Incredibles.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Best Pixar movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.