Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:03:49 PM
714227 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Halfway House: Director's Cut (2004) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Halfway House: Director's Cut (2004)  (Read 2695 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: December 31, 2009, 11:07:29 AM »

trailer is a little dark, film is not.                    

Small | Large

I can't remember how I heard about this but I'm glad I did.  First and most importantly there is a good deal of nudity in this.  Let's hope that people are tired of blue ball inducing bs like "Bring it on" and are ready to bring movies back to the people a la the grindhouse and early 80's video boom.  OKay, this doesn't have the glossy eyed wild decadence of an italian sex movie circa the 70's or the insanity of "the cheerleaders" but IT'S A START.  We aren't sitting in a pot smoke filled 42nd street theatre or a suburban living room with a new invention called the vcr bringing us something we can't see on someting called the internet yet so we need to ADJUST to modern realities, in this case it means Scream type yuks and even more implausible plot contrivences (why don't they all just LEAVE?)

By the guy who did Puppetmaster and featuring a Necronomicon influenced monster and plot (though it's mainly a comedy) , a ton of lesbianism, gore,  a "punk" guy with no eyebrows, a cop with a little kids Pop Warner football trophy on his desk (I have the same one in my basement) and veteran actress Mary Woronov as a nun.  A favorite scene was when the choir is singing "holy Holy Holy" while two girls are being paddled by the priest 4/5
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 11:10:21 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 12:36:24 PM »

this probably should have been in Bad movies.  oh well  Cheers
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 09:11:28 PM »

that's a good bit of nudity for a YouTube trailer!

I saw that movie awhile back, and I think I posted a mini-review on here.  Basically all a B-movie should be.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 07:22:09 AM »

I just got that for a Christmas present.  I could have done without the overt comedy, but it had many saving graces nonetheless  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 02:56:36 PM »

indianasmith- I think that must have been where i heard about it. I agree it's good. 

jack- I think alot of those grind house movies are not as easy to make as maybe we thought they were.  Plus, starting in the 80's pepople became alot more kind of wound up.  I saw this dvd of advertisements from the 70's and it was amazing how mellow everything was
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Halfway House: Director's Cut (2004) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.