Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:31:34 AM
714329 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Best final episode? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Best final episode?  (Read 8689 times)
diamondwaspvenom
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: January 02, 2010, 09:49:19 PM »

It's always sad whenever a great television series ends (or gets canceled). What tv series in your opinion had the best finale or final episode? In my opinion, *M*A*S*H*
had the best finale because it wasn't rushed and also had great closure. After watching it, I felt sad. Once I got to know the characters well in the previous episodes, it was sad to see them all depart and go their seperate ways.

What is your fave finale?
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 09:53:49 PM »

Jesse James is a Dead Man- Jesse set the world record for the fastest Hydrogen engine speed record- 217 MPH

yeah no.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 09:59:41 PM »

STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION's final episode, "All Good Things . . ." was really pretty cool.  I love the way they came full circle, and brought Denise Crosby back for a reprise of her role as Lt. Tasha Yar . . . and in the end, when Capt. Picard finally joined the officers for poker night, I'm not ashamed to say I got a little misty-eyed.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 01:58:34 AM »

"I haven't laughed so hard since the final episode of *M*A*S*H*."

I've been using the line for years because it is obviously such a horrible thing to say.

I would nominate the final episode of "Twin Peaks." It is probably the most surreal and unpleasant thing to ever air on American television. On top of that, it didn't answer any questions and gave the interpretation that Evil wins! And for all those that had faithfully followed the series, David Lynch followed up with Fire Walk With Me, which was even worse.

So for me that is great, but for most, probably a horrible final episode.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 08:33:10 AM »

The "Freefall" series finale of Miami Vice for me. After 5 years of being partners in Vice, Crockett & Tubbs go their seperate ways and leave poor old Circus in tears every time...The duo travel to Costa Morada, to track down General Borbon and bring him back to the US, which will stop a large percentage of the drug flow in Florida. It's a great episode, with plenty of action, great dialogue and fantastic music from Genesis, Robert Plant and Honeymoon Suite.  Thumbup

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 03:34:50 PM »

The most witty ever goes to Newhart IMHO. 
Small | Large

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 04:53:48 PM »

Good ones suggested so far.  I nominate the final episode of the original series of "The Prisoner" (titled "Fall Out").

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 04:54:40 PM »

Good ones suggested so far.  I nominate the final episode of the original series of "The Prisoner" (titled "Fall Out").

Fantastic choice! How the hell did I forget about that.  Question

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 10:46:54 PM »

Boy Meets World Series Finale, final 7 minutes or so.
Small | Large

Throughout the show, William Daniels was brilliant as neighbor/school teacher Mr. Feeny, who while at school was very strict about not showing favortism to students, never saying he loved them, etc.  As they depart, they kinda joke about it, with one character going so far as to say "You never even TALKED to any other students for 7 years."  And him finally just said he loved them. 

I can't compare it to MASH, Twin Peaks, etc, but I wasn't around during those shows runs.  So for me, personally, as a show of my generation, and one of the better shows of my generation, this was a decent ending for me. 

Although, I liked the MASH ending as well.  I have seen it, but I haven't seen all 11 seasons or so of the show.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 11:21:48 PM »

It's always sad whenever a great television series ends (or gets canceled). What tv series in your opinion had the best finale or final episode? In my opinion, *M*A*S*H*
had the best finale because it wasn't rushed and also had great closure. After watching it, I felt sad. Once I got to know the characters well in the previous episodes, it was sad to see them all depart and go their seperate ways.

I'm gonna have to agree with you, Mash has a pretty good ending when it comes to series finale.

I also thought Seinfeld had a good ending.

bladerunnerblues
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 02:13:50 AM »

I remember when I was in 6th grade,Mr Russel,the principal of Thomas Hart Benton Elementary,reminded us during the afternoon announcements,the final episode of M.A.S.H. airing that evening.
I also remember thinking,WTF?Hey,were kids.What the hell do we care about M.A.S.H?*uck that.I'm watching Police Squad!(or whatever I watched back than).
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 03:51:25 AM »

I liked the endings to each of the Blackadder series.  Everybody dies!
Except for Blackadder The Third.  He finally becomes royalty, and the stupid Prince (Hugh Laurie) gets killed.  Hooray!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 07:00:54 AM »

The final episode of Cheers was pretty good: when all the main characters are sitting in the bar, it seems that the actors are talking amongst themselves and not following a script. Ted Danson's final line "Sorry, we 're closed" is actually quite an emotional one.

The frightening BBCTV series The Omega Factor has a gripping but a little puzzling final episode which made me go  Question and wait for about five years for the next series, which never came.

Another emotional one was the final Family Ties episode where, at the cast call, Meredith Baxter and Michael J Fox couldn't stop hugging each other. In their final scene, there was a lot of raw emotion that spilled out there and most of it wasn't acting.

The final episode of Murphy Brown was also heart-tugging.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2010, 06:18:16 PM »

Any final episode where the cast steps out in front of the audience, to applause, and takes a bow.

I especially remember the  cast from "Home Improvement" doing this. Almost everybody was there, except for Jonathan Taylor Thomas. You could see that Zachery Ty Bryan was so emotional, he was tearing up. And you finally got to see what Wilson Wilson, jr. looked like.

Earl Himdman said of all his roles he played over the years, that role was one of his favorites. As he could go into almost any bar and watch the show on TV, and nobody would bother him, because nobody knew what he looked like.
paula
Bad Movie Lover

Just give me hairspray and I can rule the world!

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2010, 01:57:38 AM »

Firefly...there was something I always loved about that show.  It was a shame it only was on for a year.

"Objects in Space" was the last episode(at least was SUPPOSED to be the last episode)....not really a SERIES finale, but it was very deep as a season finale.  Richard Brooks was outstanding, as well as Summer Glau.  Had a good feel resolving a lot of the tension the crew had towards the girl.

"What about the American Dream?"
"It came true!  You're looking at it!"
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Best final episode? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.