Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:00:03 PM
714319 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Jumping the Shark « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Jumping the Shark  (Read 14840 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2010, 05:03:25 PM »

Although it is an anime/manga, tons of fanboys said Naruto jumped the shark when they brought back a lot of the main characters back to life when they died.

Fanboys also say Death Note jumped the shark when L was killed.  I personally don't think the shows/mangas jumped the shark at those points, but I can see why people would think that.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2010, 05:22:01 PM »

When Mulder came back to life in The X-Files TongueOut

When Saw 4 was made, even when the main villain died in Saw 3

American Pie, when making so many damb sequels.

Fully agreed on all of those. I can't stand the American Pie onslaught. When will it ever stop. I used to like Eugene Levy.

Here's one I just thought of that Eugene Levy reminded me of. LESLIE NEILSEN. Started out as the deadpan character in Airplane and the first Naked Gun, which was brilliant, then nobody took him seriously anymore and he became an overblown, ridiculous and mediocre-at-best comedic actor.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Jim H

« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2010, 06:07:02 PM »

Although it is an anime/manga, tons of fanboys said Naruto jumped the shark when they brought back a lot of the main characters back to life when they died.

Fanboys also say Death Note jumped the shark when L was killed.  I personally don't think the shows/mangas jumped the shark at those points, but I can see why people would think that.

That does remind me.  I'd say One Piece Jumped the Shark in the Crocodile arc.  Too many characters, way too slow.  It only got worse from that point on.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2010, 06:26:17 PM »

That does remind me.  I'd say One Piece Jumped the Shark in the Crocodile arc.  Too many characters, way too slow.  It only got worse from that point on.

Interesting, I haven't gotten that far in the series yet.  I'll keep that in mind.

Law & Order: SVU has seem to have a few jumping the shark moments, but they never had really affected the show or hurt it in anyway.  Those times usually happen when they lose or get rid of an ADA since the fan base is always annoyed and upset that the next person won't be good.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Jim H

« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2010, 07:41:09 PM »

Interesting, I haven't gotten that far in the series yet.  I'll keep that in mind.

Law & Order: SVU has seem to have a few jumping the shark moments, but they never had really affected the show or hurt it in anyway.  Those times usually happen when they lose or get rid of an ADA since the fan base is always annoyed and upset that the next person won't be good.

You seem to like anime more than I do, so you might be more tolerant of how slow the show starts to get (you'll have like 6 fights going on at once, and it'll take like an entire season to finish them all - and the leadup to the fight will be another season.  No joke.).  I will say it's more tolerable as a manga now, since the pacing is always faster in the manga than in the series.  And both are still enjoyable, they've just gotten bogged down and aren't AS enjoyable.

Speaking of SVU..  The original Law & Order...  I remember a lot of people saying the show was done when the original DA left.  I think a bigger loss than that was Michael Moriarty, I liked his assistant DA more as a character than the current one.  But, I don't think the show jumped at that point.  I think it jumped when Jerry Orbach left/died.  I think Lennie Briscoe is one of the greatest TV characters of my generation, and the loss of him killed my interest in the show.  The quality had already slipped a bit by that point, but either it didn't bother me as much or it wasn't as bad before that point.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Jumping the Shark « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.