Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:45:52 AM
713396 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  New York City prints "How to Shoot Smack" guide... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: New York City prints "How to Shoot Smack" guide...  (Read 10606 times)
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2010, 05:31:25 PM »

Why dont they publish a "Shooting up heroin for Dummies" it'll make good reading material for the ol' coffee table.

SPazzo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My kinda toy...

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2010, 08:23:19 PM »

Sure they can, just throw away all their comics! 

:P

Hehe... actually it's heroin.  Heroine is a female hero.  (Don't worry, I had to look that up, cause I wasn't sure.)

:)

I'm in Canada, that's my excuse.  (Thanks for the save Rev.)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2010, 10:41:22 PM »

is this why most cops now are corrupt? i'm used to it, here in Lovely New Orleans

Yeah, I've heard about corrupt cops in the Big Easy:

Small | Large

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 01:38:13 PM »

is this why most cops now are corrupt? i'm used to it, here in Lovely New Orleans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm4BdkOXfxk

Please kill me  Bluesad

yeah no.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 10:41:13 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm4BdkOXfxk

Please kill me  Bluesad

I will not!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Javakoala
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2010, 11:52:53 PM »

Why should you kill anyone? Mr. Cage's bad acting will do the job for you.
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2010, 02:26:40 PM »

Why should you kill anyone? Mr. Cage's bad acting will do the job for you.

From what I gather, that's the entire point of the movie, isn't it?
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2010, 10:47:20 AM »

Well, if there was ever a sign that the war on drugs is not going well, it's when the government's position becomes "If you're going to do it, do it right." I understand the reasons for it, but it seems like a mixed message to me.

How the authorities view drug use, or at least how the public believes they do, is a fairly significant thing. Here in Canada, enforcement has been relaxed when it comes to tiny amounts of pot. A couple of grams might get seized with no charges laid. That has created the impression that it's no big deal. Covering court, the one thing I could always count on every time was at least one guy, caught with a bag of weed in his car, getting the judge's well-practiced lecture about marijuana still being against the law, regardless of what anyone has said. That is usually accompanied by a sentence the poor bugger didn't expect when he obligingly told the cops where the stash was and plead guilty at his first opportunity. It's best to keep your message consistent.

Besides that, I've seen too many well-meaning programs aimed at making people more comfortable in their s**tty life while doing nothing to get them out of it at best, and enabling them to continue it at worst.

It's always struck me as weird the way we can turn our notion of individual rights into a reason for not intervening in someone's self-destruction. I think if I were supreme dictator, police would just grab junkies and homeless off the street and put them in camps where they would be detoxed, counseled, built up through proper nutrition and hard work, given some basic skills and released on probation in some place a little less corrupting than the environment they were in. Surely this would yield better results for the money than what goes on at the present time.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  New York City prints "How to Shoot Smack" guide... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.