Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:39:36 AM
713399 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What was your first Horror/Sci-Fi memory? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What was your first Horror/Sci-Fi memory?  (Read 5677 times)
sideorderofninjas
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 12:01:24 AM »

I do remember seeing part of Alligator at the drive-in before catching more of it on the late night movies on the local TV station. 

SideOrderOfNinjas
http://www.sideorderofninjas.com

"Wielding useless trivia like a katana."
SPazzo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My kinda toy...

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 12:49:29 AM »

Hmmm...  For horror it's a tie between The Shining and Alien.  For Sci-Fi, my dad bought me the entire Star Wars Trilogy for my 5th or 6th birthday.  I watched the hell outta those tapes.  TeddyR
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 02:02:55 AM »

I couldn't tell you the first time I ever saw a Sci-Fi film. As soon as I was aware of anything, Sci-Fi was there. I've never been without it.

I can tell you my first experience with a straight horror film (stupid Children of the Corn), but Sci-Fi, my existence has literally never been without it.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2010, 07:45:22 AM »

The earliest sci-fi I can remember is watching reruns of the original Star Trek on TV.  And Space 1999, that was a huge favorite as well.  Oh, and Lost in Space and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, as well as the animated Star Trek.  And then there was the Logan's Run TV show, and Project Blue Book, and The Fantastic Journey.  For horror, maybe some made-for-TV movies from the '70s.  I'm sure the earliest things I saw were way before that, but that's as far back as my memory goes.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2010, 11:50:32 AM »

Not a B-movie, but my first horror memory was seeing YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN at the drive-in (probably age 9 or so).  It got me obsessed with monsters for a short time.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2010, 01:22:13 PM »

My first horror experiance was Chupacabra Terror, I rented it just because it was about the chupacabra, since I like researching about cryptozoology.
My first sf experiance was definitely the original Star Wars trilogy.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2010, 01:33:55 PM »

First Science Fiction experience was probably being plonked infront of the TV on a saturday to watch Cocoon or InnerspaceSmile

skuts
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2010, 03:03:31 PM »

This will certainly reveal my age. At around age 4, I remember seeing Invaders From Mars on TV and ads for Earth Vs the Spider and Rodan which had just opened in theaters. I was fascinated by the Martian Mankind (see my avatar) and I vividly remember the scene from The Spider of the woman screaming with her skirt caught in the car door as the spider approached. Scared the oatmeal out of me.

Babies taste best.
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2010, 10:35:52 PM »

Am I the only one here who saw Tremors at a young age? I have a fond memory of watching Kevin Bacon & Fred Ward blowing up Graboids

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2010, 07:14:34 AM »

As regards horror on TV, it was probably the Phillip Leacock TVM Baffled with Leonard Nimoy and then Crowhaven Farm with Hope Lange. They made some scary TV movies in the 70's, not so? I also vaguely remember watching Horror Express and Dark Secret of Harvest Home later ~ but what I will never forget is our holier than thou teacher in primary school asking us who had watched DSOHH and then reporting those who had to the principal.  Hatred I told the principal that I had my parents' permission to watch it and that they watched it with me, a story which they corroborated.

Horror at the cinema: Race With The Devil  Buggedout and I sneaked in to watch Phantasm.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Time_Signature
Welcome to the zone...
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2010, 08:47:51 AM »

That must the the opening of "A New Hope" with the star destroyer chasing that Rebel blockade runner - that's still a favorite movie moment of mine.

Action fighter: "I wouldn't turn your back on me if I was you".
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What was your first Horror/Sci-Fi memory? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.