Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:31:11 AM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Revengeploitation « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Revengeploitation  (Read 8312 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 02:55:26 PM »

the Shawshank Redemption

Really?  I guess it sort of is.  Though that depends on what your view of Andy is, that is to say, if he did it or not.

Do you mean if the character killed his wife or not? I don't recall there being any ambiguity in that regard, it was pretty well represented that he did not commit the crime. The film, as the book, is written mainly from the perspective of the character Red, so I guess there could be some doubt, but I don't think the film was trying to have that doubt, I think it's assumed that Andy didn't commit the crime. My opinion.

Even assuming he didn't commit the crime, I don't know if this is really a "revenge" film. It's more about how a strong-willed man with a brilliant, methodical, and imaginative mind was able to carve out a niche (not to mention a tunnel) for himself while incarcerated for life, make some friends whom he positively influenced, and overcome extreme odds and the worst of luck to triumph over lesser men with the authority to coerce his life and actions. Now, while all of this resembles a revenge tale in alot of ways, I think it's a "triumph of the human spirit" story first, revenge story second.

Revengeploitation is entirely different. These films are much more primal, and designed to satisfy the filmgoers desire to see their adversaries writhe in agony an then be brutally killed. More often than not they share a common result: little to no redemption and all characters are left with little but brutality in their hearts for the rest of their lives. Death Sentence (2007) and The Brave One (2007) are perfect examples. They made 2007 seem like "the year of revengeploitation) flicks. Neither one were particularly good, nor were they terrible, but they satisfied all the criteria of a classic exploitation/revenge flick.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 03:15:38 PM »

Thriller:  A Cruel Picture
I have nightmares about one-eyed hookers with shotguns because of this film.

Eye of the Tiger
Gary Busey fighting a violent desert biker gang that kill his wife and kidnap his child.  Busey has a pickup truck with mortars and machineguns!  His buddy is the Black Red Baron (complete with red biplane), and Busey kills a gang member by sodomizing the unfortunate b*****d with a vaselined stick of dynamite!

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2010, 05:31:43 PM »

Straightheads, a.k.a. Closure (2008)
The starring role is Gillian Anderson, the star of my fave series The X-Files

A group of guys rape her and poke the eye out of her male friend, so she rapes one of those guys in the ass with a sniper rifle and her friend does the rest. It's my favourite revenge thriller, mainly because Gillian is nude in many scenes Buggedout
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2010, 06:01:29 PM »

Fight For Your Life
Fighting Back
Death Wish (screw the sequels)
Vengeance Is Mine

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2010, 08:45:37 PM »

Fight For Your Life
Fighting Back
Death Wish (screw the sequels)
Vengeance Is Mine

VENGANCE IS MINE is great! If thats the Ernie Borgnine and Micheal J. Pollard sicko 1974 classick!
HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER also comes to mind. Clint the Squint comes back from the dead to paint the town red.
The BLACK CAT (1934) with Bela and Boris. Bela returns to his old haunting grounds to kill Boris for stealing his wife. Bela skins him alive! !!!! "BIT by bit!"
Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2010, 08:52:24 PM »

Eye of the Tiger
Gary Busey fighting a violent desert biker gang that kill his wife and kidnap his child.  Busey has a pickup truck with mortars and machineguns!  His buddy is the Black Red Baron (complete with red biplane), and Busey kills a gang member by sodomizing the unfortunate b*****d with a vaselined stick of dynamite!
YES!!!  This filim is sorely underrated and needs more exposure. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2010, 09:18:26 PM »

I'm kind of partial to MS. 45 for some reason. Love the Halloween party massacre!

And Chan-wook Park's "Vengeance Trilogy," of course, even though I've never seen the first entry.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2010, 10:20:07 PM »

VENGANCE IS MINE is great! If thats the Ernie Borgnine and Micheal J. Pollard sicko 1974 classick!

Yeah!  Wasn't that a fantastic movie?  I rented that a long time ago, despite the stupid cover that had nothing to do with anything.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2010, 07:31:48 AM »

Mad Max - this becomes very much a revenge movie by the end.

The Black Cat - I love Lugosi's weird strangulation of the English language in this one " Fayre The Skin From Your Body!"

One of the only films Lugosi plays a good guy in, and he still manages to skin a man alive!

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
MrMari

Keepin' my pimp hand strong since 1975.

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2010, 09:27:05 AM »

White (1994)

If you have ever been wronged by a woman, watch this movie. Great revenge flick with Julie Delpy.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2010, 01:46:59 PM »

not sure, but Fight Club

yeah no.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2010, 01:48:17 PM »

in a sense, but actually The Creature from the Haunted Sea- The Creature is our anti-hero, and kind of gets "revenge" on the guys who blame the murders on him

yeah no.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Revengeploitation « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.