Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:57:52 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Spider-Man 4 News « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Spider-Man 4 News  (Read 6084 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: January 11, 2010, 06:59:19 PM »

Apparently Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire are officially out and the writers and producers are going to reboot the entire franchise.

Read about it HERE.

What do you think?

Jim H

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 08:20:42 PM »

I'm still skeptical of this, both in terms of them actually doing it and of this announcement.  BUT, the Sony twitter page alludes to it..  So, could be.

It's a pretty terrible idea though. 
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 09:11:13 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised.  I haven't read the article yet, but from what I'd heard Raimi was having trouble with Sony.  Supposedly, Sony gave Raimi full control of the movie, and he stated that he wanted Lizard to be the villain for the fourth one.  Sony said they didn't like Lizard, and told him to pick another villain.  He picked Vulture, and again Sony said they didn't like that villain, and said that Raimi should use Black Cat and some other villain.  They pretty much threw Raimi's "full" control out the window.  Raimi has been battling with them on this one ever since.

Again, key word: supposedly.
Torgo

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 09:04:36 AM »

Bad idea all around. Spiderman 3 had a lot of extremely good moments but it didn't as a whole work. I wouldn't call it a terrible movie however.

They should get this guy to play him in the next movie:

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Jim H

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 01:27:12 PM »

Reading the press release again, if it is completely accurate, it paints a good picture of Raimi.  Sounds like he was determined not to repeat Spider-Man 3's mistakes, but Sony sure is (why not, is their attitude.  It made a ton of money).  So Raimi and his cast and crew bailed.  Good for them, to leave rather than make an inferior film.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 01:44:38 PM »

Remember that Disney now owns Marvel so there's going to stick with what's tried and tested and they'll probably water down alot of the script. I guessing The Lizard and definately Carnage won't make it to the screen. I understand Maguire's reasons for pulling out - he doesn't want to be typecast the rest of career as "the Spiderman guy". I think the film series will decline in quality from now onwards, but saying that, I haven't liked any of these new Spidey films at all.

Jim H

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 01:48:28 PM »

Remember that Disney now owns Marvel so there's going to stick with what's tried and tested and they'll probably water down alot of the script. I guessing The Lizard and definately Carnage won't make it to the screen. I understand Maguire's reasons for pulling out - he doesn't want to be typecast the rest of career as "the Spiderman guy". I think the film series will decline in quality from now onwards, but saying that, I haven't liked any of these new Spidey films at all.

I believe Sony has total control over the Spider-Man film character.  Think that was what they contracted for.  So, Disney won't have any input.  It's kind of too bad, as I think if Disney gave Marvel Films some license (they'd be stupid not too, considering the popularity and quality of their films thus far) they could do a good job with a reboot.  Maybe even do it like the Hulk reboot, and have Spider-Man become part of greater continuity within the films.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 04:58:33 PM »

I still prefer this one:

Small | Large

Small | Large

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Jim H

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 03:47:33 AM »

Word is Sam is now moving on to World of Warcraft.  Sam, stop being a lameass and DO EVIL DEAD 4 ALREADY.

JESUS H. CHRIST.  JUST DO IT.

Or, if you're not going to do it, just TELL US THAT.  Christ, he could self-finance the damn thing and do it in like 3 months if he REALLY wanted to.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 06:03:07 AM »

Word is Sam is now moving on to World of Warcraft.  Sam, stop being a lameass and DO EVIL DEAD 4 ALREADY.

JESUS H. CHRIST.  JUST DO IT.

Or, if you're not going to do it, just TELL US THAT.  Christ, he could self-finance the damn thing and do it in like 3 months if he REALLY wanted to.

No kidding.  He's putting off ED4 for what?  Being a producer on a bunch of possibly lame theatrical horror movies?  Maybe a few adapted scripts?  Just cut the horses**t and do the damn movie. 
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 05:40:28 PM »

Well, all you "Twilight" haters out there have another reason to hate "Twilight." The rumour floating around Hollywood is that Robert Pattinson is to be the next Spiderman. Of course, he wouldn't be rumored to even be in the running, if "Twilight" hadn't been such a success.

Then again, a recent poll was taken, and when people were asked, who they wanted to play Spiderman, the plurality said Zac Efron.
Jim H

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 02:31:19 PM »

Well, all you "Twilight" haters out there have another reason to hate "Twilight." The rumour floating around Hollywood is that Robert Pattinson is to be the next Spiderman. Of course, he wouldn't be rumored to even be in the running, if "Twilight" hadn't been such a success.

Then again, a recent poll was taken, and when people were asked, who they wanted to play Spiderman, the plurality said Zac Efron.

I read a bit a while ago, that apparently the studio has said that he's not going to be Spider-Man.  Apparently he's too old.  They need someone high school age.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 05:26:44 PM »

I read a bit a while ago, that apparently the studio has said that he's not going to be Spider-Man.  Apparently he's too old.  They need someone high school age.

That's good news, Jim H. Thanks for that. I think what they mean is they are looking for an actor who can pass for someone still in high school. Because, frankly, I can't think of an actor under the age of nineteen who has the acting chops to do the role justice.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 09:42:38 PM »

I actually didn't mind Spidy 3 as much as others.  It just happened to suffer the Mortal Kombat Annihilation factor of too many characters in one place.  However, it was unmemorable and the only thing I remember was Peter Parker going emo and dancing.  A bit stupid really. 

As for a reboot, tough to say if it would work.  Spidy 1 was a great origin film and worked on many levels.    Maybe if they fast forwarded Parker and MJ's lives I'd buy into a reboot.   However if they end up covering the same old sh*t I'm skipping out very much as I have done with the horror remakes of recent years. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
nilbog
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 06:53:22 PM »

The latest casting rumour I read today is Logan Lerman (The Upcoming Percy Jackson: The Lightning Thief, Gamer, 3:10 to Yuma etc.) He says he had some very preliminary talks with Sony.

Thoughts? Good? Bad? - If they're looking at him, it means they really are looking at getting a much younger cast with this reboot.

craptasticmovies.com

"Nilbog! It's Goblin Spelt Backwards!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Spider-Man 4 News « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.