Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:28:22 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Robots and Oscillators ? - Quote « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Robots and Oscillators ? - Quote  (Read 2946 times)
foobar3d
New Visitor

« on: January 12, 2010, 07:51:13 AM »

Hello all, rather vauge one for you:

I heard a part of a conversation repeated between some characters from a film on a radio station, I have no idea what the film is but I can sortof remember what was said between the characters. They had american accents. The rest of the sound and audio in the background sounded quite old-timey and I imagine it would probably be in black and white...maybe something around the same time the republic serials were made e.g 'radar men from the moon' etc. Anyway this is (roughly) the quote:

(a woman and man drive upto what sounds like an army guard at a checkpoint or something)
Guard: "What are you doing out here in the city anyway? You should have been evacuated with everybody else."
Woman: "We must have been overlooked, and by the time we realised it was too late! those men were everywhere"
Guard: "Those weren't men, they were robots"
Man:"How did you stop them?"
Guard: "With an oscillator, it produces a tone. The robots couldn't take the vibration and it destorys the glass in their cathode ray tube. I hear that had that glass been made of a certain type of metal it would not have worked".

It's a long shot but I would really like to find this, It would be great to sample and put into a tune. I tried the usual movie keywords/quote searches on IMDB and a few other sites but "oscillators" turns up nothing and obviously "robots" is too vauge.
JJ80
Nutter Magnet
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 08:35:27 AM »

Possibly "Target Earth" from 1954.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047559/

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 01:08:17 PM »

Possibly "Target Earth" from 1954.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047559/

I'm 99% certain that's the film.  I have a copy in my collection, and will check it tonight (if I can remember to - gonna be a long day).

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
foobar3d
New Visitor

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 06:12:58 AM »

Thanks guys, I will check this out when I get home. I have a kindof obsession with oscillators/oscilloscopes, I love the way that they seem to be used in sci-fi films to do absolubtly anything ....like in silent running where the guy is using one as a radio hehe.
foobar3d
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 10:59:02 AM »

Yeah you were right, Target Earth was the film. Cheers!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Robots and Oscillators ? - Quote « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.