Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:46:06 AM
714233 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  As you get older, does the fire still burn? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: As you get older, does the fire still burn?  (Read 6463 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: January 13, 2010, 04:26:38 AM »

I've realized that at the age of 42, I am pretty much the same now as when I was a teen. I may look a lot older (and I do) but the same things that made me laugh, think, frown and cry still make me laugh, think, frown and cry ~ let's not talk about the things that grossed me out then, they still do.  Twirling

I still have a hunger to achieve things and I still prove all the naysayers wrong ~ those people that wrote me off way back and still know me today go a little bit  Buggedout when they see they were wrong about me.

What about you? Does the internal fire still burn?  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
joejoeherron
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 05:14:48 AM »

I know how you feel. As I get older, I seem to be more lost in the world. I wake up every morning trying to figure out how to change someone's opinion about me. Most people have pretty much written me off.As far as myself, the fire burns burns more as I get older.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 07:38:01 AM »

My philosophy of life has always been that you are never too old to have a happy childhood.  I am still the same annoyingly goofy guy that I have always been.

There's just a little more of me.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 07:52:22 AM »

I've never had any of what other people call "ambition".  I just wanted to meet some cool, good lookin' chick, spend the rest of my life with her, and not have to worry about money.  Be Mr. Average.  I try to be good at what I do, like when I was in college I worked really hard to get good grades, or when I was in a band I worked really hard to be a good guitar player.  But I've never had any big dreams about doing much more than anybody else does.

I'm certainly as immature as I ever was TeddyR  I can't even comprehend what it is that makes other people turn into adults.  Gawd that must be boring.  People who can have an hour long conversation about the real estate market, or how to be more successful at their job - and actually be interested in it...WTF? 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 08:10:15 AM »

Who's older?  I'm stuck at the age of 24.  Maybe 28 on a 'mature' day.  I can out-fun most people less than half my age and I apply myself toward  goals that I am sure many would tell me to give up.  To quote John Carter of Mars: "I still live!"

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 08:11:49 AM »

My philosophy of life has always been that you are never too old to have a happy childhood. 

Amen to that sentiment, brother.  Thumbup TeddyR

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 08:13:52 AM »

I'm certainly as immature as I ever was TeddyR  I can't even comprehend what it is that makes other people turn into adults.  Gawd that must be boring.  People who can have an hour long conversation about the real estate market, or how to be more successful at their job - and actually be interested in it...WTF?  

TeddyR That reminds me of what Dad once told a few buddies of his about me: "My son has the ability to talk about film like it was the Gospel and he won't ever bore you out of your skull with it.  I think that describes almost all of the people on this board. Smile
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 08:15:27 AM by Trevor » Logged

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 08:17:53 AM »

Who's older?  I'm stuck at the age of 24.  Maybe 28 on a 'mature' day.  I can out-fun most people less than half my age and I apply myself toward  goals that I am sure many would tell me to give up.  To quote John Carter of Mars: "I still live!"

That is very cool indeed. You sound like a person that I would really like to meet someday, Newt.  Smile

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 08:28:38 AM »

Can't say cuz i'm 15 TongueOut

yeah no.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 08:51:37 AM »

Can't say cuz i'm 15 TongueOut

TeddyR TeddyR

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 09:36:56 AM »

I'm 45, soon to be 46.

* I still play board games, PC games, X-Box 360, etc.  So, I haven't outgrown my toys yet.

* I have a good job as a business consultant, but I still have ambition to advance my career.  I'd like to own a business some day (but probably not in consulting).  I'd really like to own a bar / nightclub with a really interesting theme, creative layout, and unique furniture and decorations.  Some ideas I've had over the years:

1) Old West Saloon Theme - complete with dancing girls, a piano player, and bartenders, waiters, and waitresses dressed up in 1880s attire.

2) 1920s - 1940s Supper Club Theme - like you see in the old movies . . . tables facing a dance floor with bands playing live music . . . employees wearing tuxedos or evening gowns . . . a coat check girl . . . a girl walking around selling cigars and cigarettes off a tray (although, you wouldn't be able to smoke them inside).

3) Movie Theme (of course) - with lots of posters and memoribilia . . . maybe a few big screens showing public domain film clips set to music . . . different events like movie trivia nights with prizes.

4) Or maybe just a place that has a different type of entertainment every night (live bands, DJs, karaoke, open mike night, stand up comedy night, Monday Night Football with cheap appetizers)

This will probably never happen, but I think it would be cool.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
akiratubo

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 09:46:31 AM »

Nope.  My fire has almost gone out, at the ripe old age of 30.   Bluesad

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2010, 10:54:51 AM »

As I get older, I continue to surprise myself.  I will be 59 next month and in the past 12 years I have gone through a divorce, remarried a great guy, raised his two sons  ( his ex-wife didn't want them) had emergency gall bladder surgery, lost my job, finally got another one after 18 months, and just recently found out I have an ulcer.    BUT I keep going.

Life is a journey - not a destination.  Or to be less serious ... it's like LET'S MAKE A DEAL.  You don't know what you're gonna find behind door #!, door #2 or door #3, but you still have to pick one and live with your choice. 

I'd rather have the new car then a donkey, though.  TeddyR

Hold onto your dreams ....
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2010, 11:09:23 AM »

“Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the
intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well
preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body
thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming
“WOO HOO what a ride!”

One of my favourites.   Wink
(Sorry: I do not now its originator: can anyone help there?)

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2010, 11:14:23 AM »

I will turn 19 for the 36th time in April.  Although, I 'm not as obnoxious as I was the first time.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  As you get older, does the fire still burn? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.