Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:24:43 AM
713336 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  As you get older, does the fire still burn? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: As you get older, does the fire still burn?  (Read 6353 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2010, 12:35:11 PM »

I spent a good part of my lower 20s kind of being angsty.  I think more or less high school left a sour taste in my mouth and I strove to find an identity.  Nowadays, I really enjoy who I am and have chilled out a lot. I'm 32 (soon to be 33) and if I'm mad at something there is usually a good reason behind it.

I'm still a kid at heart though.  I love video games, board games, action figures, etc.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2010, 12:42:52 PM »

The fire still burns . . . but my doctor gave me a shot of penicillin to clear that up . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2010, 06:00:13 PM »

the fire gets weirder but hotter
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2010, 06:08:28 PM »

Speaking as a guy looking at 40, and with a baby due very soon and so will age like blazes.... It depend son what bits you set on fire. 
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2010, 06:50:23 PM »

The fire still burns . . . but my doctor gave me a shot of penicillin to clear that up . . .

BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I'm 47....going on 12.

Small | Large

I still read my old Sgt. Fury comics,draw cartoons,watch cartoons, reread my old monster movie mags,and listen to rock and roll!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2010, 07:40:45 PM »

I'll be 17 next month, so I don't know if I can answer this in the sense you guys do.  But I do know that I've changed in the last two years.  I've almost stopped playing video games for one.  My little brother is an avid gamer, but I honestly am quite bored when I play games.  Every once in a while I'll pull out our old PS2 and play a few rounds of Crazy Taxi, or maybe play a small computer game sometime.  But definitely not on a regular basis.

As for movies, I think I've matured in my taste.  While I do love 50s b-grade *insert dreamy sigh here* I'll watch things kids my age won't touch.  (Not that they'd watch a 50s b-grade film anyway Lookingup ).  I'm watching Citizen Kane or Rear Window or even Brazil and their watching Transformers 2.

As for if the fire's still burning, I think it just got started. TeddyR
Javakoala
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2010, 09:22:33 PM »

Of course the fire's still burning.  In the last two years, I've leaped into a new life, at the age of 44 no less. Now that I'm zipping towards 47, I feel more alive than I have most of my life. I have friends, I have love, I have a PS3, I have a crapload of movies and I have so many things I want to do and try that I have trouble sticking to one thing.

And I want so terribly to eat sweetened cereal, but I have to make room for the burgers and pizza. Plus, I tend to pile on the pounds rather quickly if I don't at least make the effort to keep things under control. But my mind and my spirit are thinner and more energetic than I have ever known.  I hope to hell I never grow up.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2010, 09:24:54 PM »

I'm 36 and more often than not, I'd say I'm still somewhat angst ridden. It doesn't help when I see the world changing all around me and the tastes and culture seems so watered down and stupefied these days. Everything seems to be about immediate gratification and I tend to enjoy something that takes its time and builds up to a climax slowly, eventually knocking you out of your socks when it finally hits.

All this new, new, new. Must have, must buy, consume, consume, consume. Hello I've got my own mind.

Ads are everywhere, the world looks more and more like some soulless dystopian nightmare, kind of a mix of 1984 filtered through parts of Blade Runner, They Live, RoboCop and A Clockwork Orange but a whole lot less colorful than any of 'em.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 09:31:26 PM by xJaseSFx » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2010, 01:13:43 AM »

I will turn 19 for the 36th time in April.  Although, I 'm not as obnoxious as I was the first time.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2010, 01:15:52 AM »

Ads are everywhere, the world looks more and more like some soulless dystopian nightmare, kind of a mix of 1984 filtered through parts of Blade Runner, They Live, RoboCop and A Clockwork Orange but a whole lot less colorful than any of 'em.

I will agree with you there, yes.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2010, 09:59:29 AM »

Yes the fire still burns !!! just like the song says

Small | Large

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  As you get older, does the fire still burn? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.