Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:24:24 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What if you were supreme ruler of the world? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What if you were supreme ruler of the world?  (Read 7035 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2010, 01:20:53 AM »

- make Anne Hathaway my chief concubine.

You'd have to stand in line behind me for that one.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
BlackAngel75
Bad Movie Lover

eject...eject

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2010, 01:42:52 AM »

1. True equality for all races (redneck, tongue kiss that muslim)

2. It is against the law for all kids 8-19 year of age to wear pants half pass the ass or lower. Punishable to just wearing you pants down to the ankles and taking the stairs to the top of the Empire State Building.  (Or whatever is the tallest building in your state)

2a. Adults 20 years and older: punishable to the full removal of pants and underwear.  And going about your daily business for the maximum 5 years (your older, you should know better).

3. Vegitarian is a four letter word

« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 01:08:49 PM by BlackAngel75 » Logged

We all know Bill is a little nuts, but George has actually tasted them.
-Betty White at the William Shatner Roast
paula
Bad Movie Lover

Just give me hairspray and I can rule the world!

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2010, 06:56:13 AM »

"IF" i were supreme ruler of the world....    "IF"

silly minion

"What about the American Dream?"
"It came true!  You're looking at it!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2010, 07:45:41 AM »

Oh, you'd all be in for some pretty major tax cuts if I were supreme ruler.  We'd have a one party political system, composed of me and people who agreed with me.  Many offenses would be punishable by floggings in the public square - anything that particularly annoyed me.  Or if I was in a bad mood that day.

And all commercials would run between TV shows, never during.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2010, 07:59:19 AM »

3. Vegitarian is a four letter word

And vegan would be classified as a mental illness.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2010, 08:43:10 AM »

GIVE TREVOR CLEAN UNDERWEAR!

yeah no.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2010, 12:23:34 PM »

Got this idea from the thread in Weird News Stories, about educating junkies on how to shoot up safely. I suggested that if I were supreme dictator, I'd be a little more concerned about their wellbeing, and less about their rights.

I'd go in the exact opposite direction.  I would make all non-victimless crimes legal, but hold people completely accountable for abusing their rights with no excuses.  Want to try heroin?  Fine.  It would be cheap and standardized.  But there would be no public assistance to help you support your habit.  Try stealing to pay for it and wind up in the slammer.  You can smoke marijuana, but if you drive and cause an accident you would risk significant imprisonment.  It would be an experiment to see if, absent legal prescriptions against potentially dangerous behavior, society would go to hell in a handbasket or whether people could actually use freedom responsibly and accept the consequences of abuse. 

I'd expect the jails to be overflowing under my rule!   

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2010, 02:01:09 PM »

I'd expect the jails to be overflowing under my rule!   

I'd use the prisoners for slave labor. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2010, 04:52:26 PM »

I think I might try putting a hard boundary on cities. Grow up, grow down, but don't grow out until there's no alternative.

And manned spaceflight would be a priority again. In less than a decade, people went from 15-minute suborbital hops in a can launched by a converted ICBM to landing on the freaking moon. All it took was the commitment to do what was necessary. Forty years later, and we're thinking about maybe picking up where we left off 40 years ago, but it'll take a decade or two, assuming we don't get off track. Everything's got to be perfect, or we can't do it. Here, enjoy another 3D animation of what real space travel might look like if it ever happens. Lookingup

Little unmanned probes might be good enough for science, but I want heroes, adventure, and the possibility of actually visiting places instead of looking at pictures. And if it's not completely efficient and 100% safe, so what? That's half the point of pioneering. I want some kind of functioning moon base in five years, and people on the way to Mars within ten years or (draws finger across throat).

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2010, 05:11:05 AM »

I think I might try putting a hard boundary on cities. Grow up, grow down, but don't grow out until there's no alternative.

And manned spaceflight would be a priority again. In less than a decade, people went from 15-minute suborbital hops in a can launched by a converted ICBM to landing on the freaking moon. All it took was the commitment to do what was necessary. Forty years later, and we're thinking about maybe picking up where we left off 40 years ago, but it'll take a decade or two, assuming we don't get off track. Everything's got to be perfect, or we can't do it. Here, enjoy another 3D animation of what real space travel might look like if it ever happens. Lookingup

Little unmanned probes might be good enough for science, but I want heroes, adventure, and the possibility of actually visiting places instead of looking at pictures. And if it's not completely efficient and 100% safe, so what? That's half the point of pioneering. I want some kind of functioning moon base in five years, and people on the way to Mars within ten years or (draws finger across throat).

Amen to that,brother! I would definitly be shooting for the stars! I  think I'm going to quit my job and become an astronaut.The kind like in those Robert Heinlen books-who live to be 280 years old.Yup-it's on my to-do list.  Thumbup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2010, 09:14:56 PM »

Send Everyone KING CAKE!!!!!!!

yeah no.
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2010, 02:20:05 AM »

I'd sterilize everyone on Earth, then give everyone a Tootsie pop and have them answer the age old question. 
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2010, 03:25:45 AM »

GIVE TREVOR CLEAN UNDERWEAR!

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle Thumbup

And a clean soccer shirt, please. Mine's dirty.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What if you were supreme ruler of the world? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.