Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:16:16 PM
714215 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Drug Experience Thread « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: The Drug Experience Thread  (Read 19593 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2010, 12:24:46 PM »

legally, i have to take concerta, zolaf, and monodox

yeah no.
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2010, 04:30:30 PM »

Never have, Probably never will.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2010, 04:41:17 PM »

Some people here will find it hard to believe, but I have never taken drugs in my life!

I'm actually NOT surprised. Being as you are infatuated with 80's culture,and also the fact that you are a drinker,,,for some reason it makes sense, I HAVE done many drugs in the past....booze is my only (and a major) crutch. Yer a smart guy Circus...I hope you dont end up like me-a hopless drunk.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2010, 02:38:25 AM »

I hope you dont end up like me-a hopless drunk.

Hopeless drunk? No.
Great guy and good friend? Yes.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2010, 07:39:29 AM »

Some people here will find it hard to believe, but I have never taken drugs in my life!

I'm actually NOT surprised. Being as you are infatuated with 80's culture,and also the fact that you are a drinker,,,for some reason it makes sense, I HAVE done many drugs in the past....booze is my only (and a major) crutch. Yer a smart guy Circus...I hope you dont end up like me-a hopless drunk.

Damn RC, I really appreciate that. You aren't hopeless either. tThose aren't the kind, encouraging words of someone who is hopeless. No sir.

Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2010, 04:08:43 PM »

For some years I tried almost everything but coke and heroin (meth wasn't around, thank gawd)... I did mostly weed, and on special occaisions mushrooms or LSD.  As well as ciggys and alcohol. 
None of it really stuck...even alcohol or tobacco.  I do sometimes wish I could take a hallucenigen, just for the buzz.  But I probably never will again, and I don't mind much.
I too had lots of friends where it did stick, and some of em fell very very far and hard.   I can't really say they are good things, but they don't HAVE to ruin your life and health either. 
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2010, 09:42:51 PM »

For some years I tried almost everything but coke and heroin (meth wasn't around, thank gawd)... I did mostly weed, and on special occaisions mushrooms or LSD.  As well as ciggys and alcohol. 
None of it really stuck...even alcohol or tobacco.  I do sometimes wish I could take a hallucenigen, just for the buzz.  But I probably never will again, and I don't mind much.
I too had lots of friends where it did stick, and some of em fell very very far and hard.   I can't really say they are good things, but they don't HAVE to ruin your life and health either. 
-Ed
Read an article in Rolling Stone Magazine about Meth and it's various effects on a person.  Story mentioned an incident, I believe in Indianapolis, where a guy was driving along the road with his kid, and had just done a massive amount of meth.  One thing lead to another, and he was so hopped up that he just cut his kids head off.   Buggedout  After that, I decided to NEVER try meth if offered to me in any capacity.

Sadly I know a few people in the area who were addicted to prescription pills of varying degrees, and decided to turn to heroin because it gave them the same high, but was a hell of a lot cheaper to acquire than the pills.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Vik
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2010, 03:15:20 PM »

I snorted salt and pepper when I was 11, wich had no effect at all except pain in my nose, so yeah, I quit doing that after a while. At the age of 13 I bought a pack of L&M because I wanted to try it, it took me a month to finish the pack, I just quit after that because I thought it cost too much and I had noone to do it with since everybody was really " good " that age.
When I was 14 me and my friends started smoking weed and cigarettes and we started drinking. I smoked weed about 3 times a week and smoked regular cigarettes all the time. In the weekends I got drunk a lot. I quit smoking cigarettes and weed at the age of 16. I kept drinking though, I'm now 17 and still drink, I'm wasted at least once a month, simply because it's fun and I can manage to behave relatively normal under the influence. I never go too far ( as in puking etc. )
I do waterpipe on occasion, not much to it.
As for other drugs, I'm not planning on doing any of them, I am curious after the effect of LSD though. But I'm just not going to start experimenting with other drugs because I don't want to end up a junkie.
Jim H

« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2010, 06:27:22 PM »

Never tried any illegal drug.  Never been drunk either.  I enjoy life just fine without damaging my brain, and frankly,  i'm not even curious about either experience.  I can commune with God without the use of pharaceuticals, legal or otherwise.

Probably the most interesting thing is the "high" people get when extremely into religious ceremonies or in meditation/prayer/trance states cause similar effects as certain drugs.  Only, of course, there aren't any health risks.  I know that's not what you were getting at indy, just thought I'd mention it.  :D

I've done marijuana a couple times, but it didn't seem to do much for me.  I was told I didn't do it long enough, but the second time was like an hour non-stop.  Meh, whatever.

I've been very drunk before, a couple times.  It's fine if you don't go too far, but really sucks when you do.  Slightly tipsy seems like the best state to get to for alcohol, at least in my view.  Relaxing, can making hanging out with friends a little more fun sometimes.

I've also been massively racked by nicotine before, when I smoked a full size very strong cigar in like an hour, and held every puff in way too long.  First "good" hand-rolled cigar I did.  Awful experience, came close to vomiting.  For that reason, I'd encourage people to take it easy on any tobacco product.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2010, 07:00:30 AM »

As for other drugs, I'm not planning on doing any of them, I am curious after the effect of LSD though. But I'm just not going to start experimenting with other drugs because I don't want to end up a junkie.
That was what kept me from doing any drugs, even weed, for a long time.  Then eventually, I smoked weed fairly regularly (could get it for free, so it was easy.)  Then, for a long time, didn't do anything.

Over the past year and a half, went from weed to coke, Percocets, Xanax, Ecstacy, Morphine, and anything else I could get.  Lemme tell you something, it's very hard to get off them.  I'm a dish out some advice from the movie "Knocked Up": "No pills, no powders.  Weed is natural it grows in the ground." TeddyR  Stick to that and you're good.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2010, 11:44:04 AM »

One of my cousins has a birthday today and it popped in my head how back in the 90s and in the last decade having his birthday on this particular day brought up lots of comments on "4-20". It came to me that I never hear people talking about 4-20 anymore. I guess that's run its course and become passe? Or maybe its just that all the stoners I used to know have grown up and graduated to antidepressants and daily aspirin therapy instead.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Vik
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2010, 12:29:17 PM »

That was what kept me from doing any drugs, even weed, for a long time.  Then eventually, I smoked weed fairly regularly (could get it for free, so it was easy.)  Then, for a long time, didn't do anything.

Over the past year and a half, went from weed to coke, Percocets, Xanax, Ecstacy, Morphine, and anything else I could get.  Lemme tell you something, it's very hard to get off them.  I'm a dish out some advice from the movie "Knocked Up": "No pills, no powders.  Weed is natural it grows in the ground." TeddyR  Stick to that and you're good.

I've never done anything else then weed, and I now don't even smoke weed anymore (even though I can get it for free too  WinkThumbup Last week I got offered LSD for free and I declined it  Cheers
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2010, 12:41:10 PM »

Okay, a little commentary on weed. I don't smoke it (anymore), but whether I agree with it's use or not, nobody can deny the role it has had in establishing the camp movement, and accompanying appreciation for bad cinema. When did the camp movement get really going? The 1970's of course. That was the first time we began to see movies being appreciated for their badness on any sort of scale. When did marijuana use come really come into it's own? Same decade. Marijuana became practically mainstream and came very close to legalization in 1972. Does anybody see a correlation here? I sure do. Getting high and appreciating bad movies is a match made in heaven. Personally, I think marijuana had a very prominent role in establishing this strange obsession we all share today.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Vik
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2010, 03:26:23 PM »

I'm pure pro Marijuana and agree 100 % with what you said. But I'm 17, and I get too much sh!t from ignorant a$$holes if I'd smoke it.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2010, 04:04:41 PM »

I have no stigmas about marijuana and believe wholeheartedly it should be completely legal. I'm not ignorant, nor am I going to judge anybody. Did I smoke marijuana prior to the age of 17? Yes, I confess I did. Do I think it's a good idea? Ideologically, no, it should be just like alcohol, for those that have reached legal adulthood. But oh well, I can't stop anyone from trying weed or booze before 18 any more than anyone was able to stop me.

Anyway, marijuana is yet again coming into national attention and making steps toward legalization, and it's about time I say. I don't partake anymore, and that's my personal choice, it's currently illegal and I have a family I have to think about, can't be going to jail when I've got mouths to feed. Would I if it were legal? I don't know, it's been a long time. Maybe.

I think it's interesting the timing of all these initiatives to decriminalize marijuana or allow it for medicinal use. Could it have something to do with the economy? I believe it does. Marijuana has the potential of helping our struggling economy quite a bit, especially when you consider the amount of fertile farmland this country has. Were our economy thriving, I don't think you would see it happening. That's my theory. I really don't care how it gets done, I'll just be glad if it happens. There are too many positives about the legalization of marijuana that have been ignored for far too long.

Socio-political rant over.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Drug Experience Thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.