Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:53:36 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Drug Experience Thread « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: The Drug Experience Thread  (Read 19371 times)
jimmybob
Bad Movie Lover

Move over, let Jimi take over.

« on: January 14, 2010, 08:38:19 PM »

I've always been interested in reading people's spiritual experiences, and on a site like this, this might be a successful thread! BounceGiggle

Are you experienced?  Buggedout

-Jimmybob

voltron
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 09:05:44 PM »

Nothing out of the ordinary for me. I used to smoke weed and hash everyday for years, but I've really cut down over the past while. I gotta admit though, the first time I smoked it was incredible - i must have laughed for a good half hour standing outside my doorstep waiting for the buzz to wear off so my dad woudn't think I was up to something.  Wink

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
3mnkids

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 10:24:17 PM »

I had a long reply typed out and changed my mind..TMI.. anyway, the answer is yes.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 10:35:36 PM »

I experimented with illegal drugs as a college student: marijuana, LSD, cocaine, ecstasy, opiates, pretty much the full spectrum.  They didn't cause me any problems and I was able to quit them and become a (relatively) productive member of society.  

I can't honestly say that that was the case for everyone I hung out with at the time.  Some were not as lucky as I was.  I've seen addiction and people being dragged into the full-time drug lifestyle, destroying their potential or at least setting themselves back years while they cleaned up.

I wouldn't want to encourage anyone to take risks with their mind and body.  

Also, take it from someone who's experienced the whole gamut of intoxicants: alcohol is every bit as dangerous as illegal drugs.  Maybe even more so, because it's so easy to obtain.

Be careful out there.  At the very minimum understand what you are putting into your body and what it will do to you.  Taking any psychoactive drug is not something you should do lightly.  

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 11:44:48 PM »

I did acid once and had a long conversation with Satan on how to run Hell more efficently and how his biggest problem was he needed to hire a better public relations guy. That was my first and last acid trip.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 12:21:49 AM »

Never tried any illegal drug.  Never been drunk either.  I enjoy life just fine without damaging my brain, and frankly,  i'm not even curious about either experience.  I can commune with God without the use of pharaceuticals, legal or otherwise.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 12:48:03 AM »

OK....You asked, so here we go...

Pot:  I started smoking it when I was 19 and still smoke it occasionally to this day.  I'm not a huge pothead like I used to be.  My biggest pot smoking days were in the mid 90's when Grunge music and that whole lifestyle were popular.  During those days I was stoned every day. 
These days, I do enjoy smoking a joint or a fat bowl before a marathon gaming session on my Xbox 360 or in the car in the theater parking lot before I go in to see a movie.  That's kinda been a tradition of mine for years.
Marijuana should totally be legalized.

Hash:  Just smoked it for the first time a couple months ago with my friends in the van on the way to the Rob Zombie concert in Des Moines, Iowa.  How I never came to smoke it before is a mystery.  It just never happened.  I was pleasantly surprised!

Opium:  Tried opium a few times many years ago.  Never got into it because it gave me a headache every time I smoked it.  Then I found out that it can be physically addicting so I stopped immediately.  Loved the smell of it, though.  Burning opium smells like Nag Champa incense.

Acid:  I've done acid twice in my lifetime.  The first time was with a buddy of mine and we drove all over town.  I remember laughing the whole time and seeing purple haze.  No serious hallucinations that I remember.  We found a part of a street that had been half-blocked off due to road work.  We got out of the car, took the sawhorses with the flashing lights on them and completely blocked off the entire street. 
The second time was two sugar cube hits I bought from a girl I worked with at the time.  My buddy Chris and I took them and then went to a nightclub where we laughed uncontrollably at everyone who passed by us.
It's been at least ten years since I used LSD.

Ecstacy:  Only did ecstacy twice and it was when I was in Australia back in 2001.  The techno/dance scene was really big down there at the time and my friends, recognizing that I was a total fish out of water from Iowa, needed something to help me cut loose.  Before they gave it to me, they educated me on using ecstacy safely because there are right and wrong things you can do while on it.  It worked and I had an awesome time!  When you're on ecstacy, all you want to do is dance and touch and be touched by beautiful women...which I did a lot of.  I had many opportunities to do it after I returned to the states, but always turned it down.  Haven't done it since.

Cocaine:  I am seriously against white powder drugs in any form.  Especially cocaine because I've seen what it's done to my friends who got seriously hooked on it.  Matter of fact, I've never snorted anything up my nose...ever.  I don't know what it feels like to do that and I don't want to. 
I did smoke cocaine in a joint once, but I didn't know it was in there.  My friend rolled a fatty and after we smoked it, I felt really weird.  I told him that I felt weird and he said, "You like that?  I put a fat rail of coke in it!"  That p**sed me off big time.  I never would've smoked that joint had I known it contained cocaine.

Crack, Meth & Heroin  Never tried them.  Never will.  I've seen my friends' lives totally destroyed because of meth and crack.  Never had the desire to even go near heroin.

I don't have a problem with alcohol or pot.  Both can be very enjoyable when used responsibly in moderation.  Yes, I have experimented with other drugs, but they never took over my life.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 05:11:11 AM by Ash » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 04:33:48 AM »

Hmmmm.....

POT-I smoked it a lot in high school. Don't care for it now. Makes me paranoid. 
BOOZE-Yeh. Whiskey...but it's not much fun anymore...it's an addiction.
ACID-Back in the 80's I did acid at least once a week,for about a year straight. Explains a lot,huh?  Lookingup
METH-Tried it.Don't like it.I actually like to sleep!
COKE-Tried it....too much money for too little buzz.
CRACK-Nope.
HERION-NEVER.
I don't know how...uh..."spiritual" any of these drugs have made me,but I DO know that I never got in any trouble...except when I was drunk.Of all the sh1t I've taken into my body,booze is the most damaging....mentally and physically.
('Cept that one time I did methadone...UGH!  Buggedout)

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 04:46:19 AM »

Hmmmm.....
ACID-Back in the 80's I did acid at least once a week,for about a year straight. Explains a lot,huh?  Lookingup

TeddyR TeddyR Hi RC ~ greetings from South Africa!

I'm a baby of the 60's and a child of the 70's and 80's: I've never smoked anything stronger than a Marlboro, no hard liquor except for a beer or two and recreational drugs are out for me. My mom is a proponent of marijuana usage for medical reasons but even at her age she would knock me on my a$$ if I tried pot.  Buggedout
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 04:47:55 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 04:57:09 AM »

Hmmmm.....
ACID-Back in the 80's I did acid at least once a week,for about a year straight. Explains a lot,huh?  Lookingup

TeddyR TeddyR Hi RC ~ greetings from South Africa!

I'm a baby of the 60's and a child of the 70's and 80's: I've never smoked anything stronger than a Marlboro, no hard liquor except for a beer or two and recreational drugs are out for me. My mom is a proponent of marijuana usage for medical reasons but even at her age she would knock me on my a$$ if I tried pot.  Buggedout
Hey,Trevor! It's like,4:52 in the morn' here (I'm an early riser...)!

You ain't missed out on anything. "Cept maybe an early grave.
And no,during my LSD phase,I never creepy crawled anyone.(Not sayin' I won't in the future...oooIIIIIIEEEOOooo....)

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 05:19:46 AM »

Hey,Trevor! It's like,4:52 in the morn' here (I'm an early riser...)!

Me too ~ I always like a bit of 'me' time before I have to drag myself into the hell that is Pretoria Central.... Buggedout

And no,during my LSD phase,I never creepy crawled anyone.(Not sayin' I won't in the future...oooIIIIIIEEEOOooo....)

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 06:22:18 AM »

I smoked pot a couple of times at parties, if somebody was passing it around. Never went out of my way to do it, and I can honestly say I was too drunk to notice what effect it had. TeddyR

Booze? There was a period when I'd be at the local bar every Friday and Saturday (and often Thursday) night, or at a dance or party or friend's house, knocking them back. Beer mostly, sometimes rye or vodka, occasionally scotch. But that was with my friends, at an age when we could do that. As everybody got settled down, married, bought a house or whatever, it got to be less frequent and not nearly as much fun. These days, I don't really drink at all. Maybe a couple at Christmas. I've had bottles of beer, left by houseguests, that sat in the back of the fridge for weeks. I was always strictly a social drinker, and actually, I've come to not even really like that intoxicated sensation. Give me a Pepsi and I'm happy.

Caffeine is my current drug of choice, but I try to restrict coffee to the morning and early afternoon. I might switch to decaf after that, if I still feel like sipping something hot.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 06:26:06 AM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 07:34:34 AM »

A lot of alcohol no drugs.  I really don't do much of anything anymore.  I find with kids around you don't get to sleep much off. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 07:57:13 AM »

I smoked pot every day from about 1982 until 1995.  I prefer it to booze, no calories and I enjoy the buzz more.  I've always been able to listen to music or practice guitar for hours on end after a nice bowl.  My interest in bad movies can be attributed to pot.  My wife still picks up a little bit occasionally, like once a year.  

Tried coke - like RC says, too much money for too little buzz.  Mushrooms!  Tried those a couple of times.  Fun stuff.  Some friends and I walked down to a park - the blacktop on the road was shimmering.  The power lines above us had purple lines next to them.  We absolutely laughed our butts off for hours.

Now it's just a few beers on Friday and Saturday nights.  
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 08:06:22 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2010, 08:03:05 AM »

Some people here will find it hard to believe, but I have never taken drugs in my life!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Drug Experience Thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.