Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:28:55 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Drug Experience Thread « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: The Drug Experience Thread  (Read 19355 times)
hellbilly
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 09:50:33 AM »

I smoked pot a few times, puked once, acted silly and got the munchies. I thought it was a waste of time and a stupid thing to do.
I'm no square but I don't need drugs to enhance my fun either. Sadly I know way too many people who need that stuff but, whatever floats your boat.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 02:27:59 PM »

never did nor will

yeah no.
SPazzo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My kinda toy...

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 02:58:50 PM »

never did nor will

Same with me.  THough, Ive had to be a supervisor/designated driver for a few friends who decided to watch the the Dark Side of the Rainbow.  (Pink Floyd album pared with the Wizard of Oz).  There was about 8 guys that were all high, and me and one other guy (who was also sober)  were getting the TV and cd player to work with some sketchy instructions off of the Internet.  Not a good night. Buggedout
JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2010, 06:21:46 PM »

I've never used illegal drugs of any variety. I enjoy the occasional glass of wine but beer or spirits don't make terribly much appeal to me either.

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2010, 11:05:47 PM »

Most of the drugs I've taken were prescription pills obtained illegally.

Alcohol- Yes.  Only after I turned 21, and even at first, never liked it cause of my dad and two grandfathers being hardcore drinkers.  Lately I find myself turning to it alot, and it's relatively the only thing I will do, but eventually I wanna stop.

Pot.- Some relatives I lived with for a bit smoked it alot, and were the first ones I've smoked with.  Loved it.  Still do it, but don't really buy it much.  Mostly just at parties if it's around.

Ecstacy- bought a few pills back in September or so.  Got a deal on them.  Immediately liked it, but haven't bought more, mostly due to price.  Wasn't even at a bar/trance bar or anything. 

Percocet, Vicodin, Xanax, Oxycodone- Prescription pills.  I work in the food industry, and whatever people may want to think, a LOT of people in the industry handling your food are into some kinda drug.  Pills, coke, weed, etc are vastly used.  Cheap to get, and they get you really high, and get you in a state of mind to wanna sleep as well.  Which is needed, cause after a 12 hour shift, believe it or not, it's hard to come home and crash right away.  You need some kinda downer to pull you into a state of mind to wanna sleep.  Unfortunately, very easy to obtain, and relatively cheap.  Downsides: very, very addictive, which means you build a tolerance and have to buy more and more, meaning you start taking 10 a day or more.

Cocaine- Last summer, I was at a bar with some girls I work with.  We were talking about leaving to go smoke some marijuana I had just obtained, and were talking about experiences we had, and I mentioned I'd never done coke.  One girl had just left the bathroom, didn't hear the whole thing, and heard me say 'coke'.  She asked if I knew where to get it, as she was new to the area and was looking.  I told her I knew where to get it, but I couldn't at that moment due to the time, and I was pretty drunk to get there.  But told her I'd have it by the weekend, as a mutual friend was having a party.  I got her a bunch, and me and her did some.  We did some throughout the night and for a good 4 months we/I went through a pretty bad rough spot with the drug.  Fortunately, I suppose, I haven't touched it since August. 

Last time I took any illegal substance was Thanksgiving weekend.  At that point I decided I was done as I was getting into a hole that I didn't like, and deleted contacts out of my cell phone.  I wasn't so 'addicted' that I needed rehab, but I was getting to that point. 

Now I'm just fighting alcohol, mostly beer, as it's cheap and I like the taste.  But if I feel depressed, it's my best friend in the world.  And I hate that, as I feel it's a genetic disease passed to me by my father.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2010, 11:22:08 PM »

As far as "recreational" drugs go: another "never have, never will" here.  Aside from illegality, it does not appeal to me: I suppose I do not feel a need.  I will have a drink from time to time, usually beer or wine and mainly in social situations.  I have been drunk once and I did not like it at all, so that was that.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2010, 09:45:07 AM »

I drink occasionally -- and in sharp moderation.  One or two beers over the course of six hours, once every couple weeks, is generally plenty for me.  Once in a great while I have a wild vodka night.

I smoked pot once and experienced no effect whatsoever. 

The only other drug I've used or ever will likely use, recreationally-speaking, is caffeine, and by that I mean I drink more soda than I really should.  I'm not a "pharmaceuticals" kind of person -- I won't even take aspirin unless I'm really severely ill/in too much pain to stand up. 

voltron

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2010, 11:19:20 PM »

I forgot to mention - I tried PCP once - I was waaaay drunk and high on pot at the time and I didn't really give a s**t, I just wanted to get seriously f**ked up because I was at a really low point of my life at the time. Not too long before I tried it I was in the middle of a nervous breakdown - I was having paranoid thoughts and was hearing voices - all the PCP did was push me over the edge. Wound up in the psyche ward for a few weeks. Not fun stuff, I tells ya. But I'm feeling much better now..... Wink

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Paquita

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2010, 11:40:47 PM »

I've never done drugs and I don't want to.  I've legally been prescribed and taken vicodin, prozac, and xanax, but I didn't enjoy being on them and couldn't wait to be taken off.

One of my roomates was one of those people that wasn't really addicted to drugs but did anything that was offered to her.  All her friends would always rave about how she never seemed to be affected by drugs.  Then one day she went to a party (I wasn't there - I never went to these parties) and took something and ended up freaking out and humping the carpet.  She told everyone that all she wanted was to be taken home to me because I was the new Mother Theresa.  I don't think she ever took that particular drug again, but it didn't stop her from taking anything else.  I was pretty certain before that time that I wasn't going to ever take drugs, but I doubly super surely don't want to take anything after that!
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2010, 06:14:47 AM »

Oh, drugs.

I think taking mind-altering drugs can be an invaluable experience. Consciousness itself is such an unknown concept. If you look at the scientific literature, to this day nobody knows why we have it or how it comes about. It's amazing to me that you can ingest a tiny amount of a substance such as LSD and have your perception altered in ways you would never be prepared for or expect until you've tried it yourself. It's like taking the ropes course through consciousness.

On the flip side, you can try something like jimson weed, which does the same thing, but it is essentially poison and you can very easily drive yourself permanently crazy.

The problem with drugs is they can very, very easily become the be-all-end-all in your life, and that's no way to live. Plus, most of them are illegal. We can argue about the ethics of that (I won't), but as of this moment, being caught with a small amount of illicit drugs is a great way to become a convicted felon, and that will f**k up your life in ways you don't want to deal with.

I have one clear-cut piece of advice, do not use opiates in any form whatsoever unless you are recovering from major surgery. Becoming addicted to opiates is one of the most depressing life-scripts you could ever choose. DO NOT USE OPIATES.

Or huff gasoline, but that should go without saying.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2010, 08:57:29 AM »

Some people here will find it hard to believe, but I have never taken drugs in my life!

Really?  I'm surprised!

For me, I never taken or used anything.  I have no interest or desire to try either.  I just don't see the point and I've seen the sideeffects of doing drugs on plenty of those police shows I watched.  Plus, I never been offered drugs before.  It probably has to do with the fact I'm been attending a Catholic school since 3rd grade and that I never really leave the house to go anywhere outside of my school or a store to buy books or DVDs.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2010, 09:04:03 AM »

a Catholic school since 3rd grade

You'd be surprised.  I used to date a girl who attended Catholic school until 11th grade; she was a heavy pot user, tried LSD, and snorted coke in the bathrooms at school until she had a severe nosebleed and got scared off the booger-sugar. 

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2010, 10:54:47 AM »

Some people here will find it hard to believe, but I have never taken drugs in my life!

Really?  I'm surprised!

For me, I never taken or used anything.  I have no interest or desire to try either.  I just don't see the point and I've seen the sideeffects of doing drugs on plenty of those police shows I watched.  Plus, I never been offered drugs before.  It probably has to do with the fact I'm been attending a Catholic school since 3rd grade and that I never really leave the house to go anywhere outside of my school or a store to buy books or DVDs.
I went to a Catholic School for many years.  Complete opposite experience here, sir.  6th grade we had several girls sneaking speed and coke into the school.  5th grade was drinking.  I didn't partake, really, but was at parties.  High school, well, even worse. 

My experiences with those things didn't happen til I was an adult. 

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2010, 11:24:47 AM »

Really?  I'm surprised!

I went to a Catholic School for many years.  Complete opposite experience here, sir.  6th grade we had several girls sneaking speed and coke into the school.  5th grade was drinking.  I didn't partake, really, but was at parties.  High school, well, even worse. 

Wow, you guys went to some interesting schools.  What I meant by my schools I've been to is that I've never been offered drugs.  I didn't say if anyone was taking any (I suspect one student is a bit too hyperactive).

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2010, 11:28:28 AM »

Really?  I'm surprised!

Wow, you guys went to some interesting schools.  What I meant by my schools I've been to is that I've never been offered drugs.  I didn't say if anyone was taking any (I suspect one student is a bit too hyperactive).
It's a good thing if you can avoid them.  It's a slippery slope.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Drug Experience Thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.