Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:34:37 PM
713362 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Drug Experience Thread « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: The Drug Experience Thread  (Read 19356 times)
Vik
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2010, 10:44:42 AM »

Note: I didn't mean you're ignorant, Flick James.
More like my parents for example.
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2010, 02:43:05 PM »

I didn't take it that way, vik. It was just part of my general commentary. Cheers. Cheers

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2010, 08:44:16 PM »

It's kinda sad in a way that some of the 'legal' drugs that can get prescribed: Vicodin, Percocet, Xanax, are some of the most addicting and widely abused drugs on the market.  Everyone points a finger at people that use weed, cocaine, heroin, etc.  Those pills are incredibly hard to get off of.  Ecstacy too.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2010, 07:49:48 AM »

Never tried any illegal drug.  Never been drunk either.  I enjoy life just fine without damaging my brain, and frankly,  i'm not even curious about either experience.

That's me too.

I find the world weird enough as it is.
I try to hide the fact that I don't drink from people because they end up treating you like a freak. Which, I guess, I am.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 07:55:47 AM by Doggett » Logged

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Paquita

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2010, 09:04:24 AM »

Never tried any illegal drug.  Never been drunk either.  I enjoy life just fine without damaging my brain, and frankly,  i'm not even curious about either experience.

That's me too.

I find the world weird enough as it is.
I try to hide the fact that I don't drink from people because they end up treating you like a freak. Which, I guess, I am.

I was at a Dinner and a Murder show last weekend, and one of the actors was teasing me, and when he was just about done, he looked at my drink and said "enjoy your Shirley Temple.." and got some light giggles, and then he asked what it really was, and I said that it IS a Shirley Temple .. then he said something along the lines of "life imitating art" and the entire room laughed hysterically  Question.  Is it THAT funny?
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2010, 09:13:07 AM »

I was at a Dinner and a Murder show last weekend, and one of the actors was teasing me, and when he was just about done, he looked at my drink and said "enjoy your Shirley Temple.." and got some light giggles, and then he asked what it really was, and I said that it IS a Shirley Temple .. then he said something along the lines of "life imitating art" and the entire room laughed hysterically  Question.  Is it THAT funny?

Only if you've been drinking.  Wink  There is a reason it is called 'impaired'.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2010, 09:57:18 PM »

Pills and alcohol are a bad combination.  Trust me.

While I've been guilty of using both, last night was a first: I fell asleep in a bar.  Good thing I had a couple good friends with me, they got me up and moving.  The pills by themselves give a buzz, but mixed with beer, increases the sensations ten-fold.  Wow.

Not that I'm condoning it.  I really wouldn't.  I know a lot of people who get violent just on alcohol and the pills make them ten times worse.  Me personally, I'm a quiet shy guy, so if I'm under the influence, I kinda just walk around talking to people.

But I NEVER get belligerent or angry.  Get more like, happy then.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2010, 10:21:05 PM »

One of the reasons I hate dinner theatre.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2010, 10:18:16 AM »

Dinner theatre is okay if you look at it as the B-movie version of live theatre. Look at it as the equivalent of Plan 9, throw a few drinks, and that can be a good time.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2010, 02:06:36 PM »

I took an aspirin once. I really did.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2010, 11:14:33 PM »

So I'll be honest.  Vicodin is fun.  I took some earlier.  Good grief.  As a general warning: if you've never taken pills to achieve a 'high', don't.  Sounds hypocritical, I know.  I say this because: 1 of them eventually isn't enough anymore, so you end up taking 2.  2-4, 4-6, etc.
I shouldn't talk.  I relapsed this past week, went on a massive bender.  Still kinda feeling "out of it" so to speak.
I took an aspirin once. I really did.
Better watch out.  That's stuff's rough. Wink

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2010, 11:07:04 PM »

Some news to report.  After being clean for a little bit of time, I've since relapsed.  Hard.  Guess it's easier to be under the influence.   Bluesad

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2010, 09:05:48 AM »

Some news to report.  After being clean for a little bit of time, I've since relapsed.  Hard.  Guess it's easier to be under the influence.   Bluesad

Just try again later.  Eventually you'll get it if you really want it.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2010, 11:04:31 AM »

Not unlike smoking, one of the hardest things in the world to quite. I smoked for 19 years, tried to quit several times, but finally did it cold turkey and with very little problem about 3.5 years ago. Haven't smoked since, and very happy about it. You'll quit when you're ready.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2010, 02:28:17 PM »

Not unlike smoking, one of the hardest things in the world to quite. I smoked for 19 years, tried to quit several times, but finally did it cold turkey and with very little problem about 3.5 years ago. Haven't smoked since, and very happy about it. You'll quit when you're ready.

I was actually looking for info on the average number of times someone tried to quit smoking before they succeeded to show Happy he's not alone in failing in the past. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Drug Experience Thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.